Friday Favorites – Sprucing Up This Place

Happy Friday!  This week absolutely flew by.  I have been so crazy at work since all the kiddos are going back to school and need to be seen like yesterday.  So naturally, I thought it was a perfect time to add blog redesigning on top of it.  I am really happy with how things are coming along!  At the bottom of each post there is a simple share button and you can also “heart” or like the post if you are feeling extra lovey.  I am looking forward to catching up this weekend and trying to soak up the rest of these Summer vibes.  Let’s get right into these favorites!

happy weekend

Favorite Song

If you follow me on snapchat @meetatthebarre you have been seeing all my sunshine techno filled morning snaps.  This song has been on the top of my play list lately.  Treasure Town Let it Breathe.

Favorite Recipe

I busted out the spiralizer on this one and it was so worth it. Mexican street corn sweet potatoes with creamy chipotle-avocade sauce full recipe here.

sweet potato spiralizer

Favorite Workout

Good printable.  Tried it this morning, total burner!

at home workouts

Favorite Purchase

Kate-Spade-Sunglasses

I saw these at the Kate Spade store in Charleston and ordered them on Amazon when I got home since I had a leftover credit from my fitbit purchase.  Plus they were on sale, major win.  There are only a few left scoop them up!  Super lightweight and don’t leave that dent on the bridge of your nose.

Favorite Post

Long-Tail-Keywords

Did you have a chance to check this post about long tail keywords and how they help grow your blog traffic?  Check it out here.

Favorite Funnies

Totally me when everyone is stuffed at dinner and the waiter asks if anyone has room for dessert

Room for seconds

Every single night trying to get my iPhone cord to stretch to the outlet so I can pin in bed

iphone cord

Seeing that jean skirts are making a comeback in a big way

why why why

When I got back from Charleston and Mark picked me up from the airport

hug me
Finally, when one of my girlfriends asks if she should bring a bottle of wine over when she stops by

girl please

Alright now it’s your turn!  Stop by and tell me all your favorites from the week!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Follow me on Bloglovin ||  Follow my looks along on Instagram || Get my latest blog posts daily to your email here || Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook || Check my latest tweet here

1. August 14, 2015 / 6:13 AM

I’ve been noticing the new design and really like it, lady. Super pretty and clean and I’m glad you are enjoying the process. Good luck with all the appointments with the kids, crazy how everyone waits until the last minute!

Love your funnies as usual and you are rocking those KS glasses! Happy Friday, pretty!

2. August 14, 2015 / 6:16 AM

The new redesign looks great! And loving your new sunglasses! So gorgeous! Glad to hear your week flew by, I felt like mine dragged! I can’t wait to curl up in bed tonight haha! Happy Friday love!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

3. August 14, 2015 / 6:19 AM

You already know this but I am LOVING the new look around here! So simple, crisp, organized and the pop of pink suits you SO well.

4. August 14, 2015 / 6:23 AM

I love watching your snaps in the morning since I know I’ll hear something to pump me up!! Great buy with those sunglasses – total win there!! Haha struggle is real with the iphone cord and our beds!!! Happy weekend girl! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

5. August 14, 2015 / 6:50 AM

Might be emailing you soon about your blog post yesterday! It was super informative and helpful but since I’m a blogging rookie, I need lots of help around these places ;) Happy Friday pretty lady!

6. August 14, 2015 / 6:56 AM

I am loving the new layout! I love the new sunnies!

7. August 14, 2015 / 7:32 AM

Your sunglasses are so cute, great buy! Hope you have a great weekend girl xx

8. August 14, 2015 / 7:33 AM

Well, there are the glasses on such a gorgeous girl! I am going over to Amazon now and keeping my fingers crossed! I’m a sucker for sunglasses and of course, anything Kate Spade!! Love the new Blog Design, bright and beautiful…like you! Happy weekend!!

9. August 14, 2015 / 7:38 AM

My husband buys these like, $0.99, five foot phone/ipad charging cords on Amazon which I usually turn my nose up because they are “not Apple approved” or whatever. BUT I used it one night while he was out of town last week and I hate to say it but I’m totally hooked. Dang it :) That workout looks like it hurts so good – can wait to try it out!!

10. August 14, 2015 / 7:59 AM

Those spiraled sweet potatoes look so good! Btw I really like the font you’re using to caption your photos! It looks great. Loving the sunglasses and the pinterest gif is totally me every night! xo Happy Friday!

11. August 14, 2015 / 8:08 AM

The layout looks awesome girl! As usual, the gif’s are on point! Too bad we don’t live closer. I’m always the only one with room for dessert too!

12. August 14, 2015 / 8:09 AM

Your funnies are always the greatest! Man, I think I’m one of the only few people left who don’t have a spiralizer! I’d rather eat the real pasta than a veggie substitute!

13. August 14, 2015 / 8:18 AM

I totally noticed the redesign. Its cute. love the sunnies – and Im actually patiently watching the jean skirt comeback. I used to like jeans skirts (short ones) so if they arent too bad mayyyybe this is one comeback I can get with. Maybe. I can totally see why folks would hate it though.

14. August 14, 2015 / 8:21 AM

Sounds like you have been busy girl!!! I love those glasses, they look great on you. That recipe looks delicious! I haven’t used the good old spiralizer in at least a month so that needs to change. Your gifs are hilarious and on point. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!!

15. August 14, 2015 / 8:31 AM

that recipe looks super yum! and glad you got those glasses – they are tres cute. i need to get back into the big black frame game. see how that rhymed? lol. nerd. anyway, i’m feeling you on that jean skirt comment. what?! how?! no. happy friday my dear! why oh why isn’t drinking wine allowed at work? :)

xo cheshirekatblog.com

16. August 14, 2015 / 8:34 AM

That recipe looks AMAZING! Let’s have a dinner party and just make delicious foods to try out!
    Love the funnies, as usual–the hugs, yes and wine? Always bring wine! Duh! :)
    Have a great weekend, love!

17. August 14, 2015 / 8:46 AM

That recipe looks DELISH, it’s time for me to whip out my spiralizer again! Loving those KS sunnies, they are too perfect! And lol at the Obama gif – spot on!

Happy Friday gurlie <3

18. August 14, 2015 / 9:07 AM

Girl, whenever you and Mark buy a home and get new furniture, you gotta get a bed with a plug in right in the headboard! That’s what we got and it’s ah-maze-zing. No stretching arms or pulling stupid Apple cords out of the wall plug but not realizing it and not having a charged phone in the morning. Hate that. Our couch has plug ins too so we’re just a foot away from constant power! Yay, 2015, right?

19. jillian
    August 14, 2015 / 9:43 AM

the blog looks great! love those sunnies too :) xo jillian – cornflake dreams

20. August 14, 2015 / 9:46 AM

I’m loving the new design! I need to make that recipe stat – I had a salad earlier this week that was sort of like Mexican street corn and it was delicious. I love the cotija cheese.

21. August 14, 2015 / 9:58 AM

OK totally laughing over the meme of the gal raising her hand … seriously I ALWAYS want dessert but it’s awkward to be the ONE person saying yes! Love the new blog design!!

22. August 14, 2015 / 10:02 AM

I love your new blog design! Also, those sunglasses look amazing on you! I’ll have to go see if I can get me a pair of them! :)

23. August 14, 2015 / 10:05 AM

Oooo I need to try to spiralize sweet potatoes! We always just do zucchini. Love your new design too. I am working on a facelift on mine too!

24. August 14, 2015 / 10:11 AM

Love those sunnies – and really love that they are on sale at Amazon (hello Prime!). And the site looks great – I’m always so impressed with the updates you’re constantly making. We keep toying around the idea of switching to WordPress but are completely overwhelmed by the thought of it! Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo

25. August 14, 2015 / 10:44 AM

ohh man i am kinda digging jean skirts but i haven’t purchased one yet. i feel like you could totally rock one! love this song, of course!

26. August 14, 2015 / 10:45 AM

That recipe is screaming my name! It is a definite tryer! Those sunglasses look amazing on you, such a great purchase! Hope you have a great weekend lady! xo

27. August 14, 2015 / 10:57 AM

hahahaha seriously though, denim skirts? no no no. JUST NO.
    that workout looks sooo hard. i should probably do it.
    totally me at the restaurant. I ALWAYS have room for dessert!

28. August 14, 2015 / 11:08 AM

Loving the redesign! I need a spiralizer and I need to make that recipe stat, looks so good! Happy Weekend!

29. Jennifer Russell
    August 14, 2015 / 11:19 AM

Somehow I am not able to get the link to the recipe to work, but would LOVE to get that recipe. Please help? Thanks!

30. August 14, 2015 / 12:35 PM

I like the new design. Looks great! Love your funnies. Gives me the giggles!
    Trish – tales from trish

31. August 14, 2015 / 12:38 PM

LOVE those Kate Spade sunnies! And I may have to try that workout out after the weekend ;) Totally agree with the jean skirt trend funny. I felt the same way about the Birkenstocks comeback, but there’s just no stopping it once it’s started. Yuck! Happy Friday!
    -Mariah

32. August 14, 2015 / 1:02 PM

I am over here cracking up at the phone charging one. The struggle is real! Have a great weekend!
    Miranda Writes

33. August 14, 2015 / 2:29 PM

You got a great deal on those sunnies! Props for holding out until you got home! Have a great weekend Amanda!

34. August 14, 2015 / 2:51 PM

Thanks for hosting and the funny clips. That’s me after dinner wanting dessert to!! Have a good weekend.

35. August 14, 2015 / 3:00 PM

Drooling over that recipe! So glad you girls had a great trip. Have a fabulous weekend!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

36. August 14, 2015 / 3:22 PM

Love the redesign. Looks amazing! I love your new sunnies. Hope you have a great weekend.

37. August 14, 2015 / 3:49 PM

That’s a great workout and I’m now going to head on over to read that article about increasing blog traffic! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend. – Svetlana @Life with a Side of Wine

38. August 14, 2015 / 4:52 PM

I was actually on the hunt for a spiralizer recipe to make this weekend and the one you posted sounds amazing! I love Mexican street corn. And of course loving that selfie of you in the store…cute outfit and the new sunnies! Good find!

39. Kristina @ Medicine and Manicures
    August 14, 2015 / 10:49 PM

Your blog design is looking pretty great these days- kind of makes me want to switch to WordPress… but I’m scared haha :) Happy Friday!

40. August 15, 2015 / 8:47 AM

Good thing I can’t fit into any of my old jean skirts. I won’t be as tempted to try the re-trend if I actually have to buy one. :) lol

41. August 15, 2015 / 5:24 PM

The sunglasses are adorable! They are sitting in my Amazon cart right now & I’m debating if I should buy them or not. Decisions, decisions!

42. August 16, 2015 / 9:48 AM

The blog is looking great, my friend! Someone needs to teach me how to use Snapchat – I finally registered my account (msinthemidwest), but now I don’t know what to do. Ha! Oh, and that funny about dessert at a restaurant is totally me every single time.

43. August 25, 2015 / 8:28 PM

I have loved using our spiralizer, this recipe looks delicious! Those Kate Spade sunnies are amazing! Xo, Stephanie