A Guide to the Wynwood Walls Miami

Scroll through any bloggers Instagram feed and it won’t take you long before you see a styled outfit against a bright wall mural.  Now, I haven’t had a chance to visit all the beauties in Chicago but if I had to pick my favorite roundup of artwork murals, it would be the Wynwood Walls Miami.  The first time I went down there, I had very ill prepared.  Only one outfit and we went in the middle of the day on a weekend.  Total rookie mistake.  I cased the situation this last time and now I feel like I can give good feedback for getting your best experience for wall murals.

A Complete Guide to the Wynwood Walls Miami

Wynwood Travel Guide. Wynwood Walls Miami

BB Dakota Floral Romper.  Fully stocked (I’m wearing a size 6) multi places here here and here ||| Marc Fisher Espadrilles finally restocked here and here. ||| Leather bucket bag on major repeat Madewell here budget friendly under $25 here. ||| Pink sunnies Ray Bans here budget friendly here. ||| Fringe earrings Baublebar finally restocked here.

Get There Early

Wynwood Walls MiamiWynwood Walls MiamiWynwood Walls MiamiWynwood Walls Miami

This seems like a no brainer but the earlier the better for the Wynwood Walls Miami.  We got there at around 8am and pretty much had access to all the gorgeous walls and buildings before the masses came in.  Also, the early lighting in the morning is always the best time to snap pictures.

Street Parking Isn’t Free

Wynwood Walls Miami

All of the streets surrounding the walls are pay to park.  However, you need to download an app in order to park.  Give yourself a little extra time or download the app ahead of time and save yourself the headache.

Give Yourself Plenty of Time to Explore

Wynwood Walls Miami

The buildings surrounding the actual art exhibits, those are my favorite walls.  There are probably 15-20 inside of the gates but the areas surrounding, that is where all the magic is if you ask me.  We spent a good hour just driving up and down the back roads and stumbling on gems.  If you are in a rush, you will miss some of the best walls.

Bring Your Camera

Wynwood Walls Miami

I know this is a no brainer but there is art every place you turn.  The first time I went down there, I was lucky enough to have stashed my DSLR camera in my bag.  However, I had a pretty non exciting outfit on and wish that I would have planned ahead.  If you are planning to shoot fashion shots, go with more neutral outfits so you won’t clash with the murals.  I had done some investigating ahead of time to make sure I coordinated the right outfits to wall but I’m OCD and that is definitely nerd girl status.  I would tell you bring a fab black dress and have fun with shooting!

Don’t Forget to Look Down

Wynwood Walls MiamiWynwood Walls Miami

The street sayings are some of my favorite parts.

Grab a Coffee or Bite to Eat

KUSH in Wynwood, MiamiKUSH burgers WynwoodThe actual gallery walls inside of the exhibit do not open until 11am.  We got there early and spent time exploring the buildings surrounding the area.  When we were finished with that, we headed over to Panther coffee and grabbed a quick brew before the walls opened up.  It is famous for a reason.  My nitro cold brew was delicious.  Expect a line but it is worth it.  There are also a ton of restaurants around the area if you have time to stay for lunch.  Kush was excellent for burgers, warning it is a little off the beaten path…..if you catch my drift.  The surrounding area is very industrial…..

Check Out a Gallery

Wynwood Walls Miami

If you have time to stroll, I would recommend checking out a few galleries.  Last year I was invited to the Art Basel event which is basically equivalent to the New York Fashion week of Art Festivals.  Unfortunately I was out of town but this year I will make sure to keep that weekend open!

Venture Out for Shopping

Wynwood Walls MiamiWynwood Walls Miami

There are a few places to shop within the Wynwood area like the Daniel Wellington watch store that just opened up.  However, if you travel a few miles over, you will hit the Design District with tons of shopping and great restaurants.  Keep your eyes out for celebrities and sports figures because that is a popular stomping ground for the rich and famous.

Well there you have it.  My quick and dirty guide to the Wynwood Walls Miami.  Have you heard of these walls before?  Would you travel there to check them out?  I personally think this is a must stop destination when heading to Miami.  I would love to know if you have been there before and your take of it.  Where are some must stop places in your city that you would recommend?

Want first dibs on shopping and sales? Sign up here on Liketoknowit for direct links sent to you
Want my daily posts sent to your email inbox?!?!  Then click here and make it happen
Follow my looks along on Instagram
Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook

1. June 28, 2016 / 7:25 AM

These walls are amazing!!! I love all the bright colors and patterns. And who can resist the flamingo one!!! An app to park? What else are they going to turn in to app. lol. I guess it is better than having to dig quarters. It is really cool that they have some stuff on the sidewalks too!

2. June 28, 2016 / 8:08 AM

How beautiful are these?? I love all the bright colors!

3. June 28, 2016 / 8:16 AM

Amazing!!! I just found a website that lists where all of the pretty walls that you’ve seen here in Chicago are. I’ll have to go and see them some time. Love that romper too!! :-)

4. Biana
    June 28, 2016 / 8:36 AM

I didn’t even know that it was a thing – that’s so fun!! Bright colors always make for great backdrops! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

5. June 28, 2016 / 9:15 AM

All of these colors are almost enough for me to jump on a plane today! SO gorgeous.

6. June 28, 2016 / 9:23 AM

Oh my gosh, what an awesome place! I can’t believe there is so much beautiful art within such a small radius. If I’m ever in Miami I am DEFINITELY checking out Wynwood Walls!

7. June 28, 2016 / 10:01 AM

LOVE all the beautiful colors, so pretty, especially for summer!

8. June 28, 2016 / 10:04 AM

Wow, what an extraordinarily beautiful and unique place! You have some great tips for anyone who wants access to these gorgeous walls.

9. June 28, 2016 / 10:22 AM

So many pretty spots! You always find these great mural walls!

10. June 28, 2016 / 10:49 AM

I love that romper. You always find such beautiful places to take your pictures! I have never heard of these. That burger has my tummy growling.

11. June 28, 2016 / 10:59 AM

Horrible to say, be Ive never been to Wynwood! I’m probably like the only person down here who’s never been, I just rarely go to Miami. The traffic stresses me out. But these walls are so gorgeous! I need to go, and go cutely dressed of course ;)

12. June 28, 2016 / 11:06 AM

Great tips girl! I really wish we had plans to visit the Wynwood Walls during our short trip to Miami, but would have been ill prepared since waking up early was not on our agenda. Next time I’m in Miami, I’ll for sure be checking the walls out!

13. June 28, 2016 / 12:29 PM

oh how cool! This reminds me of East London! I paint recreationally and find street art to be so amusing

14. June 28, 2016 / 1:20 PM

UMM WOW! this is totally incredible! Pinning this post because I know when i go I am going to want to take as many cool pics as you have. great post!

15. June 28, 2016 / 2:09 PM

Those walls are amazing and I would totally put that on my Miami visit list . . . minus the fashion pics . . . ain’t nobody want to see my middle aged lady fashion! Ha!

16. June 28, 2016 / 2:50 PM

This is so fun! I honestly had no idea that this even existed, and now I totally want to visit. I think the sidewalk sayings are my favorite, too!

17. June 28, 2016 / 4:20 PM

What a fun place! All the bright colors are exactly what I think about when I think of Florida. Such great art!

18. June 28, 2016 / 9:01 PM

Have I been living under a rock? This is the first time I’m hearing about Wynwood Walls. I adore the colors they used for the wall murals and your outfit goes nicely with the colorful backdrop.

19. Shannon Jenkins
    June 28, 2016 / 9:05 PM

Im obsessed with Wynwood! I was just there a couple of months ago! So much gorgeous art!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

20. June 30, 2016 / 8:34 AM

These walls are unreal! How awesome is that this area even exists?! It’s blogging dream land! I love your tips, too!! You always have the best travel advice and make me want to pack up and go :)

21. August 18, 2016 / 3:04 AM

The maximum reimbursable quantity should a covered component fail will be THE TOTAL COST OF THE REPAIRS PER VISIT LESS THE DEDUCTIBLE, OR THE CASH VALUE OF THIS VEHICLE WHICHEVER IS LESS!

22. August 25, 2016 / 2:42 AM

The advantages seem to stack, so if you come across a location the
    place two lure modules overlap, keep there since that’s the most effective places
    to get a gradual stream of Pokemon / XP.

23. August 28, 2016 / 9:37 PM

It is pretty price sufficient for me. In my view, if all web site homeowners
    and bloggers made good content as you probably did, the online shall be rather more useful than ever earlier than.

24. September 2, 2016 / 10:55 PM

It’s additionally price mentioning that if it wasn’t
    for this set it would be virtually impossible to lay your palms on dark orange bricks in any
    amount within the aftermarket, which might have meant that my Ghostbusters
    HQ MOC amongst different issues would never have seen the light of day.

25. September 3, 2016 / 3:01 AM

I believe this is among the so much important info for me.
    And i am satisfied reading your article.
    However should commentary on few basic things, The web site taste is ideal, the articles is really excellent : D.

Good job, cheers

26. March 30, 2017 / 1:09 PM

With any luck, Pokemon Duel‘s potential success will make it so Pokemon Go will get its own battle system as
    properly.

27. May 21, 2017 / 5:24 PM

Wow, that’s what I was seeking for, what a information! present here at this weblog, thanks
    admin of this website.

28. July 17, 2017 / 4:01 PM

Thanks for the marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
    reading it, you might be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and may come back sometime
    soon. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great work, have a nice morning!