Black Mini Cutout Dress - The Perfect Vacation Dress

Black Mini Cutout Dress – The Perfect Vacation Dress

Now that the Florida heat has set in, I am all about the easy throw on and go fashion.  When I have to worry about coordinating tops and bottoms, or even the thought of layering…..it just doesn’t work with the 90+ degree heat.  During the last SHOPBOP sale I stumbled upon this cutout black mini dress and I knew it was going to be perfection.  The price point is affordable and it was even more discounted with the last additional 25% off sale.  This is the ultimate beat the heat dress.  Doesn’t it just scream Summer vacation dress?  I don’t work with a lot up top (if you catch my drift) but if you need any extra support you could try one of these.  Or, since the back is strappy already, you could add a thin strapped bralette and it would totally work.  Last, you could also just throw it over your bathing suit and head down for a drink to the beach bar.  This dress works for anything.

I kept it casual with these tassel sandals but you could also dress it up with some stacked heels.  I would add some fun colorful accessories like these earrings or this clutch for a tropical vacation.

One by Honey Punch black dressOne by Honey Punch black dressOne by Honey Punch black dressOne by Honey Punch black dressOne by Honey Punch black dressOne by Honey Punch black dressOne by Honey Punch black dressOne by Honey Punch black dressOne by Honey Punch black dressOne by Honey Punch black dressOne by Honey Punch black dress

Outfit Details

Cutout black mini dress by ONE By ||| Find here here and similar under $25 here.  Runs large so size down.  I’m wearing a small and it’s roomy.

Tassel flat sandals by Loeffler Randall ||| Find here (limited sizes) similar here.  Budget friendly here here (love!) and here.

Beach hat find under $25 here ||| Sunnies find here and budget friendly $15 here ||| Watch Daniel Wellington c/o find here

Braceletes ||| David Yurman exact herehere and here ||| budget friendly here

Shop This Post!

Do you have a fun dress that you love for vacations?  Do you keep certain pieces for special trips or do you try to incorporate into your everyday look?

Want first dibs on shopping and sales? Sign up here on Liketoknowit for direct links sent to you
Want my daily posts sent to your email inbox?!?!  Then click here and make it happen
Follow my looks along on Instagram
Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook

1. June 29, 2016 / 6:52 AM

That dress looks amazing on you – very few people can pull it off and you girl are one of the lucky ones that can!! Love those fun tassel flats! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

2. June 29, 2016 / 7:40 AM

I’m so with you on easy, cool dresses for this heat! The detailing on this one is beautiful!

3. June 29, 2016 / 7:46 AM

How fun, it looks so great on you, especially paired with those sandals!

4. June 29, 2016 / 8:01 AM

This dress is gorgeous on you! I love the open back and the details around the hem. I’ve been obsessed with those tassel flats for a few months now, they are so fun! Great cool, summer look!

xo, Rachel
    A Blonde’s Moment

5. June 29, 2016 / 8:11 AM

I’m pretty sure this dress was actually MADE FOR YOU. Amanda, it’s so lovely on you, and I love all the little details, like the dainty back straps, hemline, and bodice design. Definitely the perfect vacation dress.

6. June 29, 2016 / 8:34 AM

That dress is very pretty!! Perfect for those blazing hot days or for a vacation. Love your sandals too!! :-)

7. June 29, 2016 / 9:04 AM

You look absolutely amazing in that dress. I’m kicking myself for not getting in on those sandals! They’re so pretty.

8. June 29, 2016 / 9:10 AM

This whole outfit is amazing on you! All of the details are perfect and I love how much your sandals pop! BEAUTIFUL!

9. June 29, 2016 / 9:11 AM

This dress is perfect for FL weather. less is totally more. and you pull it off effortlessly.

10. June 29, 2016 / 9:34 AM

this is so fun! i love the bottom hemline!

11. June 29, 2016 / 9:36 AM

That dress looks fantastic on you. Not everyone could wear a dress like that but you totally rock it.

12. June 29, 2016 / 9:38 AM

Love the dress, but I really just can’t stop staring at your sandals…those really were such a great purchase!

13. June 29, 2016 / 10:18 AM

You are just the cutest. I love this dress – perfect for a hot, humid summery day!! Love your little tassel sandals too! :)

14. June 29, 2016 / 10:34 AM

That is so cute! It looks perfect on you! One place we differ in size is in that department, this would look obscene on me, nu bra or not, but it would be a perfect beach coverup for sure! I love the black shoes you linked, saving just in case they are on the anniversary sale in a few weeks!! I cannot wait for your post on that!

15. June 29, 2016 / 10:52 AM

Totally rocking this dress, as always! I love the criss cross back and the tassel detailing at the bottom. It looks so cute with your sandals!

16. June 29, 2016 / 11:02 AM

I love the cutouts and the tassels on the dress! It’s super pretty and would be perfect for keeping cool during the summer months!

17. June 29, 2016 / 2:29 PM

The ultimate vacation dress! Looks amazing on you, girl!

18. June 29, 2016 / 2:40 PM

I know we’re talking about the dress, but I seriously can’t get enough of those shoes! How stinking cute are those?!!!!

19. June 29, 2016 / 6:04 PM

I’d like to say I’d be able to wear that dress, but I know every time I put it on I’d worry about things falling out, LOL! You look adorable, though! :)

20. June 30, 2016 / 12:28 AM

This dress is gorgeous, I definitely could have used this when it was 105 degrees a couple weeks ago! And you know those sandals are my absolute favorite…the combo makes this the perfect hot weather outfit!

21. June 30, 2016 / 8:40 AM

LOVE this dress! It fits you perfectly and looks gorgeous on you! You are totally making me think I could rock it too lol! I also love those sandals. I swear they look the best on you!

22. June 30, 2016 / 11:14 AM

OH WOW! This dress! I literally wore a sweater today in London :( Couldn’t even fathom wearing that dress without the risk of frostbite.

23. June 30, 2016 / 8:43 PM

Yep, you rock that dress! I feel like I always get a little more bold with my outfit choices on vacation – so fun!

24. July 1, 2016 / 2:12 PM

oh hayyyyyy this dress is definitely sexy and cute! love it. nothing better than a simple but cute dress on vacation. take the guess work out if it!

25. July 12, 2016 / 3:11 PM

Beautiful dress and perfect for this summer heat! The shoes make a great statement with this dress though. Great find!