How to Sweat Proof Your Makeup for the Summer

Amanda Uprichard Ora dress find here |||  Slide Chloe, old but similar find here  ||  Black sunglasses Karen Walker find here

Being a Florida girl now for well over a decade, I feel like I am an authority on how to prevent the Summertime makeup from sliding off your face.  I have some tried and true products that have made this all possible that I can’t wait to share with you.  Since the temps have been pretty much hanging out in the 90’s now with lots of humidity, this post could not have come at a better time.  So let’s get into it!

This mineral veil primer is essential for creating that barrier between your skin and makeup.  Make sure to apply a thin layer and let dry.

No heavy foundations in the Summertime right?  I am all about this CC cream by It Cosmetics.  Yes, it does live up to the hype.  I personally like the illuminating one and I mix it with this foundation from Beauty Counter.  Perfect combo.  Mix on this palette tray and apply with this brush (on sale!).  Let dry.

My next step in my makeup application is a little bit of this concealer with this brush (I promise it’s worth that price tag).  Then, contour lightly with this powder and top with this blush.

Now, set all that makeup with a setting powder that locks in the makeup and sops up any shine.  I personally use this all over brush (on sale currently half off!).

The final and crucial part is this setting spray (it’s on sale btw!).  I personally buy the minis and they last forever.  It feels so foreign to spray a liquid onto a perfectly set face but trust me it works.  I also make sure to use it before I take any blog photos because it prevents that dreaded makeup smear down the front of a white top when you pull it over your head.

I’m not talking about a ton of products to do this but all are essential to sweat-proof your look.  I remember taking engagement pictures in the Swamp of Gainesville (literally) with sweat running down my back of my dress but my makeup did not move.  If you need any additional shine touch ups put these in your purse.  They are life savers.  There you have it!  My tried and true Florida girl products to keep you looking matte and shine-free when those scorching temps set in.  What are your secret makeup weapons?

1. May 31, 2017 / 9:33 AM

I used to be obsessed with that primer – it really does make a difference. I didn’t have the best of luck with the it CC cream, but maybe I’ll give it another go.

2. Biana
    May 31, 2017 / 9:38 AM

I swear by setting spray! Also, the Bobbi Brown Creamy shadow sticks are seriously the best – they don’t come off at all! Yes to that CC cream – it’s basically my holy grail! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

3. May 31, 2017 / 10:16 AM

I am going to snag that spray while it is on sale. Heat and humidity are the worst. I need to check out that CC cream too, I have been noticing I sweat off my foundation just as I am putting it on!

4. May 31, 2017 / 10:48 AM

I love love love that CC Cream, it is the best!! I didn’t like that primer from Hourglass, I didn’t think it worked that well but my sister swears by it.

5. May 31, 2017 / 12:50 PM

I still need to try that CC cream, I’ve heard nothing but amazing things. I never thought about using primer until moving to Florida, and now I can’t imagine applying makeup without it <3
    Green Fashionista

6. May 31, 2017 / 2:51 PM

This is my exact makeup routine (using different products) in the summer. Humidity and oily/combo skin can be a nightmare! I swear by that setting spray and use it all year long.

7. May 31, 2017 / 7:09 PM

I need that setting spray! Shew NC summers are pure humidity!

8. May 31, 2017 / 7:48 PM

Gorgeous blush dress! We need all the sweat proof makeup for summers in Florida. I haven’t tried any of these products but the primer and setting spray are key for the heat!

9. May 31, 2017 / 10:49 PM

I think us Florida girls have perfected our make-up!! It’s no easy feet keeping it on in 100% humidity :)

10. June 1, 2017 / 8:42 AM

I’m about to get the IT CC cream. I’ve been wanting to try it forever. Bonus for the spf! The UD setting spray has become a must for me. It works so good!

11. June 2, 2017 / 1:36 PM

I always forget to use my setting spray, and definitely need to! I love that the iT CC cream doesn’t budge. It’s got some serious staying power!