Local Living – Fun Things to do in St. Petersburg, FL

The Spring months in Florida are some of the most beautiful weather months here.  I mean that is why everyone flocks down here for their allotted vacation/break time.  The weather is warming up and the humidity is kept at bay.  The sun is almost always shining, the skies are blue and there is minimal rain.  All you want to do is be outside every second you get.  I thought I would share a few fun things to do for locals and for those who are thinking of traveling down here!

Local Living in St. Petersburg, FL

Local Living in St. Pete

The Outdoor Markets

The first Saturday of every month in St. Petersburg, the Indie Market is a fun way to get outside and enjoy the gorgeous weather.  I personally like it when it is hosted by the Green Bench Brewery.  You can escape the sun for a few minutes and try out one of the local brews.  The market also goes to Tampa, make sure to check the FB page for dates.  The Farmers markets can be found throughout all the different areas, find the local one to you here and here.

Indie Market St. PeteIndie MarketHoola Hoops at Indie MarketIndie Market St. Pete, FLSt. Pete Food Truck RallyGreen Bench St. Pete 2Green Bench St. Pete

Brocante Vintage Market

Looking for a one of a kind vintage piece?  Well make sure to check out the Brocante Vintage Market. They have a preview on Friday night where you can scope out the merchandise.  Then Saturday morning make sure you are up early because everyone lines up early.  Get in and head to your item, the first one to pull the tag it’s yours.  Friday night is a cool preview, they usually have light apps as well as beer and wine. Fun place to stop by before heading out to dinner.

brocante finalBrocante fixtureBrocante Marketglasses of brocanteBrocante Market St. Petersburg

All the Local Breweries

Within the past few years the craft breweries have exploded around here.  One of my personal favorites for a weekend night out is 3 Daughters.  They have a huge area in the back with life-size games, jenga, air hockey, Connect 4 and usually a local band is playing.  Head over for a drink after dinner, great way to spend a few hours on a Friday/Saturday night.  You can check out the local breweries here.

Green Bench St. Pete Inside of Green BenchGreen Bench brewery St. Pete

Fun Bites

I’ve shared a few of my favorite new places to eat locally on here as well as a few coffee places.  St. Pete is really becoming a huge farm to table area especially with Locale moving in.  Engine No. 9 great spot for burgers.  I haven’t had a chance to check out THE MILL yet but everyone raves about it.  I love Casita Taqueria for Mexican.  Other great local spots, Brick & Mortar, Cask and Ale, The Wooden Rooster for crepes, and Il Ritorno for Italian.  These are just a few to name.

Casita Taqueria Casita Taqueria Casa TaqueriaCasa Taquerita Casa Taqueria St. PeteWooden Rooster Menuinside of wooden rooster St. PeteThe Wooden Rooster St. Petersburg, FL

Check Out the Arts Scene

St. Pete is a huge supporter of the local arts as you can see by all my wall murals which have been huge inspirations to my fashion backdrops.  The Dali Museum is nationally known, currently they have the Disney + Dali exhibit through June right now.

WeekendingLittle Black Dress from Three Dots

Head by the Water or Beaches

Grab your bike and head down to the bay.  Beach Drive has some of the coolest places to stop by for brunch, grab a drink or settle down for dinner. The top of the Birchwood Hotel has the prettiest rooftop views of the city at the Canopy.

bike ISO settingsfun things to do in st pete flThe Canopy St. PeteFlorida Sunsets, fun things to do in st. pete fl

I used to be such a South Tampa girl but I am really falling in love with the relaxed vibes of St. Pete lately.  I’m always asking all the locals at the barre studio to tell me their favorite places and I love showcasing them on the blog!  Locals tell me what is your favorite part about living in the Burg?  Do you enjoy the city/area that you live in?  Do you try to get out and explore everything your city has to offer on the weekends?  I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

Follow my looks along on Instagram || Get my latest blog posts daily to your email here
Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook || Check my latest tweet here

1. March 21, 2016 / 5:25 AM

We were in Tampa one year for a ‘fake spring break’ and had such a blast. WE didn’t spend too much time in ST. Pete but the little bit we did was quite fun. I love places that have a big local scene, such a great thing to support.

2. March 21, 2016 / 5:42 AM

I love outdoor markets. Can’t wait for Philly to warm up so I can start walking over to the Saturday morning farmers market again!!

Christina :: Simple and Delish

3. March 21, 2016 / 6:28 AM

I’d say the outdoor markets (along with perfect weather) would sell it for me!! Such a great part of Florida! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

4. March 21, 2016 / 7:38 AM

So many fun things to do! I love outdoor markets and leisurely strolling through them on the weekend!

5. March 21, 2016 / 7:45 AM

Wow, there is so much to do and even breweries! Great recap of your town, it is so cute! I am a huge fan of shopping local and your markets are adorable, great pictures!

Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

6. March 21, 2016 / 8:59 AM

Great post!! Those markets look and sound so fun. Those restaurants also look so cute and fun. I also love that printed dress that you are wearing with your glass of wine. :-) Thank you for sharing I hope that you had a fab weekend!

7. March 21, 2016 / 9:06 AM

i love st pete – so nice! that brocante market looks right up my alley. sign me up! ok time to go back to the ocean. it’s calling my name

xoxo cheshire kat

8. March 21, 2016 / 9:16 AM

I love all the outdoor markets you guys have! We only get markets here in the summer for a few months when the weather is nice. And I will visit a city based on the food only. St. Pete’s sounds like a good place for me!

9. March 21, 2016 / 9:19 AM

I love this post!! I am hoping to do some local city guides and I love how you set this up! ANYWAYS. My husband goes to St. Pete often for work, so I am going to show him this so he can do more than just sit in his hotel! And maybe I’ll come along too :)

Maggie

10. March 21, 2016 / 9:25 AM

Oh my gosh, I want to come and visit so badly! So many fun things to see and do!!

11. March 21, 2016 / 9:59 AM

What a fun market!! That mexican food also has me craving tacos right about now!

12. March 21, 2016 / 10:14 AM

My aunt and uncle live close to St Petersburg, but I have only visited once and loved it. Now I definitely want to go back! That antiques market is amazing, and I love all the art!!

Meg, Borrowed Heaven

13. March 21, 2016 / 10:15 AM

So jealous of the gorgeous weather and outdoor markets! Wish we had farmers markets. Happy Monday!

14. March 21, 2016 / 10:17 AM

Looks like so much fun!! I could so go for some of that warmth and sunshine right about now …

15. March 21, 2016 / 10:33 AM

I love how many local breweries you have! Up until recently, we had none. We have had a few open, but I think they are still “chains” kind of!? I don’t know..I haven’t been but I think they each have a couple locations. Will need to check them out sometime!

16. March 21, 2016 / 10:44 AM

Beautiful post to show off your city! Looks like it has so much to offer. I wish we had pretty views of the water like that! As an aside, I wore that open back Free People shirt this weekend you have on in one of the pics and I got soooo many compliments on it!

17. March 21, 2016 / 10:45 AM

Those markets look so fun – and perfect to bring littles to! I wish Dallas had something like that… We have a pretty lame farmer’s market downtown and a smaller farmers market in a parking lot near our home. Let me tell you how fun it is to hang out in a parking lot when it’s 108 by 9am… Nope. I’m moving to St. Petersburg!

18. March 21, 2016 / 11:05 AM

What a fun place!
    If I took pictures of my area… itd be flat land… & a corn field… & cows… & roadkill…
    country living at its finest :)

19. March 21, 2016 / 11:58 AM

St. Petersburg has changed so much in the 24 years that I have lived here. I love downtown. This was a great post and a reminder that there is still much for me to check out down there!

20. March 21, 2016 / 12:13 PM

saving this post for when I visit!! this is so great! now i want to come :)

21. March 21, 2016 / 1:13 PM

Food and beer are my favorite things to do in a new city. St Petersburg looks lovely!

22. March 21, 2016 / 1:32 PM

So many great things to do. I just adore downtown St Pete and all the brunch spots and the farmer’s market that’s around there. Those breweries sound fun!

23. March 21, 2016 / 1:43 PM

BRB just planning a visit now ;) your town looks so cute and alive! I love it.

24. March 21, 2016 / 1:49 PM

The outdoor market looks so nice!! Around here, we have Farmer’s Markets on the weekends when it’s nice out, so i’m looking forward to that. I also love finding unique treasures at vintage stores.

25. emelia
    March 21, 2016 / 2:17 PM

The outdoor market looks so fun! The brewery spots sound like the perfect hangout…and I die for those wall murals!

26. March 21, 2016 / 2:17 PM

That vintage market is what my dreams are made of! I may have to come visit just for that. :)

27. March 21, 2016 / 2:21 PM

I’m actually driving through St. Petersburg in a few weeks, so I’ll have to add a few of these to my stops! Gorgeous pictures, the vintage market looks AMAZING! So excited to check it out!
    xx
    An Unblurred Lady

28. Amy Arnold
    March 21, 2016 / 2:28 PM

You are totally making me want to come for a visit. So fun!

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

29. March 21, 2016 / 2:48 PM

Oh how I wish you did this post in January (although I would have missed it!). Love the round-up and since I’m sure we will be back to your area (and also need to see you next time) I will remember this gem ;)

30. March 21, 2016 / 3:45 PM

So many fun things! I really need to get over to St. Pete more. I’ve passed that Taqueria so many times!

31. March 21, 2016 / 4:07 PM

It always seems like you’re off to a new outdoor market every weekend! I would love to live in a city that does that! I also don’t think you can beat when a city has a great brewery scene! It’s always something new to try on the weekends!

32. March 21, 2016 / 4:09 PM

Wow, so much to do in St. Pete! I have never visited, but I love all those outdoor markets. We have some great markets up here, but they are only open in the warmer months. I’m sure the markets here are opened for a few more months than ours haha! Such a great round-up!

xo, Rachel
    A Blonde’s Moment

33. March 21, 2016 / 4:32 PM

oh wow, so many amazing things!! i wish there were more fun things around here. that vintage market looks super awesome! also, 3 daughters sounds super fun.

34. Shannon
    March 21, 2016 / 6:48 PM

Ok so I am pretty sure a trip to St Pete is in order soon! I havent been out that way in forever! So many fun things to do!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

35. March 21, 2016 / 8:30 PM

There’s so much to do where you live and it all looks so fun and gorgeous!

36. March 21, 2016 / 9:02 PM

Florida has the best stuff!! I am forever jealous of all the places to bike and of course your weather! The markets in this post grabbed my eye too.

37. March 22, 2016 / 6:30 AM

That’ looks like such a fun city! Our city can be hit or miss, but I love it still. :)

38. March 22, 2016 / 9:37 AM

I read this and thought, “We need to meet at some of these places!”

39. March 22, 2016 / 11:18 AM

These places/things to do look like the absolute perfect way to spend a weekend. The market looks like so much fun, I wish we had something like that out here.

Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

40. March 22, 2016 / 2:40 PM

Definitely the perfect time of year to be outside around here, and you can’t beat the outdoor markets and the local breweries. So much to do, and with a pretty view to boot <3
    Green Fashionista

41. March 22, 2016 / 4:22 PM

I love St Pete, the vibes and the culture there are just so fun. I would love to live in an apartment downtown.

42. March 22, 2016 / 5:53 PM

Florida sunsets, yes please!

Loving you in that gorgeous LBD, too!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

43. March 22, 2016 / 11:38 PM

So many fun things to do, I need to pay St. Pete a visit!

44. March 24, 2016 / 11:01 PM

I love all the markets. St. Pete is so eclectic and fun! Great post and I think you totally nailed the vibe. :)
    Visiting from the Tampa Bay Bloggers.

45. Julie Joy