Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday y’all.  I swear this entire week I have felt like I’ve been playing major catch up. Long weekends away always seem like a great idea at the time, until you have to get back to your grown up responsibilities right?  I hope everyone had a great week and has fab plans for this weekend.  I plan on getting outside and enjoying all the festivities around town.  Plus, grading papers and doing stuff for the blog.  You know, the usual.  Let’s get right into these favorites!

happy weekend copy

Favorite Song

I love the vibe and beat of this song Deorro ft Erin McCarley “I Can Be Somebody“.

Favorite Recipe

Is it soup season yet?  If so I want to make a pot of my favorite recipe, Taco soup.  Find the original post here.  Seriously, make it.  You will have leftovers for days.  I add plain greek yogurt, cheese and hot sauce over the top of mine.Taco Soup Recipe

Favorite Workout

It’s skinny jean season that is for sure.  Original pin here.

flat abs

Favorite Purchase

This crazy affordable perfect length striped shirt from this post.  It’s under $20.  I want it in every color now.

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 11.50.04 PM

Favorite Funniesfunnies

When one of the guys who comes to bring on the men insists that barre will be easy for him because he’s “an athlete”.

barre jokes

When someone at work asks for my cookie recipe for the break and bakes that I brought to the pot luck

tumblr_inline_nwdrr8Jujo1r79k32_500

Pretty much how the first half of a work week feels like after being on vacation

falling

When Mark asks if I remembered to stop by Trader Joe’s after barre

its handled

When I’m all packed up, trying to leave to make a barre class and I’m asked if I can answer the question of someone on the phone

tumblr_inline_nvxlfl4L321r79k32_500

Finally.  When plans to go out get cancelled and replaced with netflix, wine and takeout

perfect

Alright now it’s your turn!  Stop by and tell me what your plans are for the weekend!

Follow my looks along on Instagram || Get my latest blog posts daily to your email here
Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook || Check my latest tweet here

1. October 23, 2015 / 12:21 AM

I had a total walking in heels fall over moment (not literally) this week after our four day vacation. I needed a vacation to get over the vacation. :)
    Ben thinks that Barre is easy too, “it’s just ballet isn’t it?” If only we had men come try classes at our gym. :)

Enjoy the weekend Amanda!

2. October 23, 2015 / 5:53 AM

Oh my goodness, I made a taco soup last week that I ate on for like 3 days and I ain’t even mad about it! Love that bestfriend/boyfriend quote!
    happy weekend!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

3. October 23, 2015 / 5:54 AM

I made soup when it was super chilly last weekend and it was delicious. Here’s hoping you get soup weather soon. We are making homemade chili this weekend for football Saturday, woohoo!

THe funny about the friend’s boyfriend is so spot on! Happy Friday!

4. October 23, 2015 / 6:14 AM

Definitely going to be doing that plank workout – need something LOL! I remember that soup recipe – it was so good! Hope you have the best weekend – I was definitely playing catch up all week too! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

5. October 23, 2015 / 6:33 AM

Gimme ALL the soup. I cannot wait to try out that taco soup recipe! I made cauliflower chowder yesterday and it reignited my love for soups, haha. Have the most wonderful weekend, lovely! xo

6. October 23, 2015 / 6:57 AM

Mmmm that soup recipe looks delicious! And yes to that shirt! Gimme gimme! :)
    Your funnies…always so true. Our night’s sound very familiar. You want in on the text convo tonight with Biana about what movie we’re gonna watch? haha

7. October 23, 2015 / 7:17 AM

That top! Thanks for linking it!!! They are my favorite tops and can’t beat the price!!! Xo

8. October 23, 2015 / 7:22 AM

Your memes all make me laugh!!! One of the highlights of my Friday morning. And bakes for potluck? Are those trini bakes?

9. October 23, 2015 / 7:25 AM

Greek yogurt instead of sour cream is the best thing ever! I was skeptical but it seriously tastes exactly the same!! I watched that meme of the girl falling down the steps like, 20 times just now! I can not get enough and LOLed every time!! Happy Friday!!

10. October 23, 2015 / 7:41 AM

Haha, that meeting the boyfriend one is spot on! Replacing cancelled plans with Netflix and drinks is always a good idea! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

11. October 23, 2015 / 7:56 AM

buahhaha @ the recipe request for the break and bakes! that cracks me up!
    ove the stripped shirt – super cute and affordable! can’t beat that!
    Trish – tales from trish

12. October 23, 2015 / 8:16 AM

I have made taco soup, chili and black bean soup already in the last month. Go for it!!! I love that striped top. So cute!!! The break and bake recipe LOL!!! I have had that happen before. Hehehe the secret is safe with me. I laughed so hard at the it’s handled gif too. I watch too much Scandal and start saying stuff like that also without even realizing it. Olive Pope is such a badass. Happy Weekending!

13. October 23, 2015 / 8:23 AM

Hahaha… The Olivia Pope gif is perfect! Barre is no joke, seriously I sweat more in those classes than anything else! And I have not made soup yet and October is almost over. Shame!! That taco soup needs to get in my rotation!

14. October 23, 2015 / 8:34 AM

Loving that striped shirt, it looks sooo comfy! and that taco soup looks delicious-good call adding hot sauce, the spicier the better!

15. October 23, 2015 / 8:49 AM

I just told Kirk last night that I’m going to make a soup this weekend! It’s finally cooled down here. Thank you Jesus! And I was thinking chili, too. Great minds think alike!

16. October 23, 2015 / 8:56 AM

don’t you love it when guys’ egos think they can do anything? this one guy at work used to talk shit all the time to me (“oh, you’re a girl, you can’t workout as hard as guys/keep up with guys etc) so i told him to put his money where his mouth was and meet me at the gym for a conditioning/KB class at our friend’s gym. he showed up, we started the class and EIGHT MINUTES into the warm up, he had to go sit down and put his head between his knees HAHAHAHAHAHA! to this day, i don’t let him live that down LOL

17. October 23, 2015 / 9:13 AM

HOLLA for soup weather! I made some this week to help the sickies… veggie broth, carrots, corn, green beans, potatoes, noodles and some spices. I added parmesan to it, too – delicious!

18. October 23, 2015 / 9:46 AM

Taco soup? Yes please. Also, I identify with that post-vacation work gif so hard.

19. October 23, 2015 / 9:53 AM

hahaha love these funnies! Also — just started taking pure barre (I’ve taken a few before but now plan to do it consistently) and I’m obsessed. Happy Weekend!

Zelle
    Southern Style

20. October 23, 2015 / 9:55 AM

tis the season for taco soup…and striped ls tees. happy friday!

21. October 23, 2015 / 9:59 AM

I always find it hilarious when guys underestimate the power of a barre workout, they just don’t know unless they actually go to a class.

Happy Friday!

Green Fashionista

22. October 23, 2015 / 10:06 AM

Taco Soup is one of my favorite! TGIF :)
    charity
    lifeafterbaseball.net

23. October 23, 2015 / 10:08 AM

Mmmmm it’s most definitely soup season by now. Or at least I’ve decided it is at my house. I make a similar taco soup that I can’t wait to make but I’m still working on my last batch of crockpot chili. I love that striped T and also the funny about the friend meeting the boyfriend. All too true haha! Happy Friday!

24. October 23, 2015 / 10:10 AM

Hahaha so guilty of bringing break and bakes to events ;) I also LOVE that striped shirt, and for the price, I need to go buy it now! Have a great weekend!

25. October 23, 2015 / 10:35 AM

Oh that soup sounds perfect for this weekend! Yummy! And that top, for under $20? I think I can convince the hubs I need that for sure.
    Have a great weekend dear!

26. October 23, 2015 / 10:36 AM

That meme about meeting your friend’s new boyfriend is so on point, lol! That soup looks amazing! You always have the best recipes on here. I swear we have the same palate! Have a great weekend! xo

27. October 23, 2015 / 10:38 AM

Great workout! And I want that shirt. I’m going to check it out now! Have a great weekend, Amanda!

28. October 23, 2015 / 10:53 AM

OK so I was downtown on Wednesday and stopped by Nordstrom just to see if they had that shirt in any new colors. You know, just in case I missed one.. haha. They didn’t, boo. I bought it in that burgundy color too. I was also seriously thinking about on my way home from the gym this morning too. That soup looks good, and that girl falling… haha. Sorry I know that it’s mean to laugh at people falling, but that is funny… Anyway!!! I hope that you have a fab weekend!!! :-)

29. October 23, 2015 / 10:57 AM

It is definitely soup season! And any soup that is topped with cheese and hot sauce is my kind of soup, haha! Happy Friday!

30. October 23, 2015 / 11:07 AM

Love the funnies at the end and the flat abs exercises. I am always trying to work my core and in need of new ideas. I 100% agree with the last funny about getting to stay in #imgettingold #dontcare :)

31. October 23, 2015 / 11:20 AM

hah you gotta prove to him how hard it is “in the ring” love that gif. and SOUP!

32. October 23, 2015 / 12:09 PM

I love that song! And hell yes to the in the ring thing, dudes can’t handle the LTB! Heading to Baton Rouge at lunch for homecoming and my 10 year Law School reunion. How did I get this old? Happy Weekend!

33. Darcy
    October 23, 2015 / 12:14 PM

That striped top is sooo cute! Can’t beat that price either. Think I need it in every color too haha!

34. October 23, 2015 / 12:42 PM

Yum, taco soup! I’ll be saving that recipe for sure. I can’t wait to pick up that tunic from Nordstrom, either – such a great find. Happy weekend!

35. October 23, 2015 / 1:29 PM

That first image is amazing. I have that exact striped shirt, I picked it up during the Nordstrom Sale and wear it at least twice a week #notashamed. It looks so good with leggings and covers your behind. And you can never go wrong with classic stripes!

Annie- All Things Big And Small

36. October 23, 2015 / 3:07 PM

Taco soup yummm!!

37. October 23, 2015 / 3:37 PM

Yes! Wine and Netflix wins every time!

Between you and a few other bloggers I keep seeing that striped shirt—I need to just go ahead and get it!

38. October 23, 2015 / 4:03 PM

Soup looks amazingggg making it soon! Those funnies… I die!! Pretty sure my hubs would DIE at barre and he was a college baseball player!

39. October 23, 2015 / 5:29 PM

I love the post so much! Have a wonderful weekend:)

irenethayer.com

40. October 23, 2015 / 9:54 PM

I need to get that top in every color. I’m so mad I didn’t get it last year so I need to get on it now! Hope you have a great weekend and get lots of relaxing in busy lady!

41. October 25, 2015 / 9:48 PM

when plans get cancelled (and i’m not the one bailing) it is SO refreshing. hahahaha that girl falling down the stairs, hilarious. that taco soup is the bomb dot com for reals. i saw that striped shirt the other day and allllllmost bought it. but i was good. hahaha no i wasn’t, i just bought something else. sssh. don’t tell KC.

42. October 26, 2015 / 12:06 PM

I’m totally making your taco soup asap! Pretty sure I have all the ingredients at home! (: