Designer Splurges vs Steals-New Spring Deals

I just want to take the time to thank everyone for all your sweet words yesterday.  Nothing like feeling like crap from an allergy induced medication coma and seeing everyone’s ridiculously nice comments to brighten up your gloomy rainy Monday.  I really appreciated every single comment!!

I had so much fun doing this post before and got such great feedback so I thought I would scour the sites again to find you those high end looks at a fraction of the price.  I mean no one is looking at the tag and some of these are really great scores.

Let’s start with the first one.  Now I’m not saying Forever 21 is the best quality but for the trendy pieces that are only going to be around for a season or two there is no reason to break the bank.  I agree with putting the money into the timeless pieces but for the flash trends my rule is never to spend more than $50.

This lattice style dress is really in for this upcoming Spring and Summer.  The subtle cutout dresses are definitely back again for when the temperature start to rise.  I know down here in Florida I’ll take any ventilation in clothing that we can.  At almost $400 though for a trendy dress?  I don’t think so.  I love this Forever 21 version. The print I think is prettier and I like the maxi length.

Helmut Lang is all things gorgeous and drape.  Unfortunately really not on my budget unless I find clearance on top of clearance.  When I saw this drape sweater all I could think about was the similarity for a fraction of the price.
I have this maxi coverup from Target and it is absolutely perfect!  It has a nice jersey weight to it and is appropriate to throw on and grab some food after the beach.  Here it is for a fraction of the price from what I found on Shopbop.  With salt and sand I can’t imagine spending that much money on a beach coverup!
Target again for the win.  Their C9 Premimum line is really giving Lululemon a run.  Keep an eye out for sales or use the Cartwheel app to stock up these great buys.  This tank has the exact criss cross straps in the back and compression as the Lulu for literally half the price.
Espadrilles are still hanging around aren’t they?  These Target ones are a great steal and not as tall so easier for everyday wear!
Last….bathing suit season will be here before we know it!  Hopefully I have some time after this past weekend!
Finally some other pieces I have had my eye on.  Everything is less than $30!
What Spring pieces have you been on your radar??  Have you found any great designer steals?  If so let me know!  xoxoxo

1. March 18, 2014 / 11:36 AM

Great pics! I actually like the forever 21 dress at the top better than the Mara Hoffman. Love the bib top and the black dress. Not that I don’t already have about 75 LBDs but I seriously can’t resist them!

2. March 18, 2014 / 11:44 AM

why anyone would buy a bikini for over $20 is beyond me. it doesn’t even cover half of you and hello, old navy?! you can find that jazz on sale for $5. i bought 2 bottoms at old navy for $5 because they were on major discounts (so $2.50 each). ain’t nobody got time for spending that kinda money!!

my sister used to shop exclusively at holt renfrew which is the canadian equivalent of saks and she’d dish out $150 FOR A TSHIRT just because it was a fancy label. i was like, bitch you crazy! i can get that shite for $10 at old navy!!

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

3. March 18, 2014 / 12:31 PM

Target is such a great place to find good deals! I miss just running off to Forever 21 for an outfit for the night out just because!

4. March 18, 2014 / 12:46 PM

These are all great- Totally agree that Forever 21 is the place for the trendier pieces you don’t want to spend a ton of money on…do you guys have a Love Culture…it’s similar to Forever but sometimes has better pieces!! I think you NEED the bathing suit and those gladiator sandals!!

5. March 18, 2014 / 12:59 PM

Great call on swimsuit steals, that can get SO expensive. Target wins on all the things again!

6. March 18, 2014 / 1:05 PM

Love this! Great minds think alike…I’ve listed my save vs splurge spring sandal options on the blog today.

I love Target’s bathing suits! I’ve been eyeing Mara Hoffman’s suits for my vegas trip but just cannot seem to pull the trigger on a $200 suit… so Target it is!

Hope you are feeling better!
    Jen

7. March 18, 2014 / 1:14 PM

It looks like target is seriously on point with their inspired pieces! I am loving these posts– but not that the same time because they make me want to buy things…. a lot of things, haha :)

8. March 18, 2014 / 1:16 PM

Wow, Target for the win! It’s crazy how overpriced some of these things are. It’s nice that you can find similar outfits for WAY cheaper!

Am I the only one who thinks it’s strange that the model wearing the Mara Hoffman bathing suit is SUPER tanned at the back but not at the front?

9. March 18, 2014 / 1:16 PM

i love steals and deals, and heck, the occasional splurge. i want everythang!

10. March 18, 2014 / 1:41 PM

I love this post! I know there are a lot of people in this world who just love brand named things–but I will never ever be one of them. I could never stomach the idea of spending 60$ on a freaking workout tank. In fact, I can’t stomach the idea of spending 27$ on one. But then again–I basically live in sweat pants. Old ones. Hand me down ones. Definitely not lululemon ones ;)

11. March 18, 2014 / 1:48 PM

We have similar taste – now I am coveting everything on that F21 list!!

12. March 18, 2014 / 1:57 PM

that fringed bikini is so cute! i hate spending too much on bikinis…they are so tiny and i wear them so infrequently that it’s hard to justify!

13. March 18, 2014 / 2:05 PM

In love with that f21 maxi! I like it better than the splurge version!! And for 30$ can’t beat it! Also love that fringed bikini too cute!!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

14. March 18, 2014 / 2:16 PM

I love posts like this! I really am loving that fringe bathing suit ;)

15. March 18, 2014 / 2:32 PM

Such great finds!! I love that Mara Hoffman bikini but the Target one is such a better deal! I love that Forever 21 dress too! I’m totally going to have to hunt that down! :) I seriously want everything you posted here! Thanks for sharing!!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

16. March 18, 2014 / 2:45 PM

Target espadrilles all the way on this one! They’re too similar to not save the money!

17. March 18, 2014 / 2:53 PM

I always get my swim suits at Target! I love that they are only like $30 so I can get a bunch of them and they actually do last- I have some Target swim suits that are almost 5 years old!

18. March 18, 2014 / 3:17 PM

Omg… I love these posts. Cause duh… I’m broke but who wants to look broke!! Nothing makes me want to work out more than cute workout clothes. I am getting that top!!!

19. March 18, 2014 / 4:18 PM

I know you told me to stay away from todays post but omg! I love everything. All my workout tops are C9 and people mistake them for Lulu. I love their gear for 1/3 of the price. If I wasn’t on bikini restriction, that little tribal fringe number would be in my cart, like yesterday. I think I need to fly you out here to dress me because I always love what you post. Keep the posts coming. It’s a good way for me to learn self control ;)

20. March 18, 2014 / 4:24 PM

Love this post. I can never bring myself to pay a lot of $$ for certain items. I know it’s better to invest in quality pieces but the price tags always scare me away!

21. March 18, 2014 / 4:25 PM

Look at you, you little budget fashionista! I love posts like this! Sometimes I see things in stores and I am like ummmm I dont think so…but then I see it online and I am like ok…that was totally cute I need that!!!! Plus, finding steals on the splurges is much more wallet friendly!

22. March 18, 2014 / 4:35 PM

Hope you’re feeling better today. Love tribal print – and not crazy prices – so much. Great post lady :)

23. March 18, 2014 / 4:49 PM

Absolutely love all of these finds!! And can I just say that I’ve gotten some very poor quality pieces at Forever 21, but I’ve also gotten some pieces that have lasted much longer than others than I have paid 5x more for!!

24. March 18, 2014 / 4:56 PM

LOVE that target bathing suit. especially the top

25. March 18, 2014 / 5:09 PM

I love these kinds of posts, thanks for doing the work for us! That white lace romper is so beautiful, but I feel like I need to wait until it gets above freezing before I start buying anything without sleeves. Ugh.

26. March 18, 2014 / 5:57 PM

Such good finds!! I’m impressed :)

love from LA.
    swearonchanel.com

27. March 18, 2014 / 8:01 PM

This is so awesome, thanks! I always have such a hard time spending money on seasonal items, especially out here in Washington where we only get like six weeks of nice weather in the summer and then it’s back to grey doom and gloom, LOL.

28. March 18, 2014 / 8:06 PM

This totally has to be a post that you continue doing, I love it. I’m always looking for the steal lol I’m going on a search for bikini steals

29. March 18, 2014 / 8:07 PM

Love steals and deals! I need to go Summer/spring shopping!!

30. March 18, 2014 / 11:28 PM

You did such an awesome job finding alternatives. My kind of women searching for a deal! I never shop full price or without a coupon, but I love fashion to much not to stay up to date! Love it!

31. March 18, 2014 / 11:48 PM

I love this. You are making me want to hunt down some of these deals :)

32. March 19, 2014 / 12:07 AM

I love this post! Every steal is so perfect. I need to take you Spring shopping with me!

33. March 19, 2014 / 3:25 AM

Ooooo! These are all fantastic! I am a sucker for a deal (and cute shoes….)
    Thanks for sharing your finds.

34. March 19, 2014 / 1:19 PM

Loving this post! I want those Target espadrilles!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle