Friday Favorites Plus Tory Burch Major Summer Sale!

Happy Friday!  I’m not going to lie I missed y’all yesterday.  I know you have been hearing this from just about everyone but life has just been hectic!  I am usually very good with balancing all my responsibilities but throw one or two new activities into my weekly routine and the whole Jenga tower sometimes is going to go down.  In my case the Jenga tower was bowing out from Thursdays post.  Anyways listen I am so excited because on Monday we are having our engagement pictures up on campus in Gainesville.  Awwwwwww right?  We are both Gators and I thought it would be so fun to have our pictures taken in a place that is near and dear to us instead of like some random field.

I don’t think I’ve ever told y’all how we met?  Let me know if that is of any interest…..of course you guys know me…..it was an eventful beginning  ;-)  I’m stressing about what to wear and have two dresses on their merry way back to sender because they weren’t the right look I was going for.  Send all suggestions my way!!  Okay enough talking let’s get into it!

Favorite Song

Pretty much obsessed with this song.  When that beat drops after the one minute mark….guaranteed to get you moving.  Diplo “Revolution”.

Favorite Recipe

Chipotle Shrimp Burritos with Avocado Creme.  Such a good spicy Summer recipe! I did brown rice instead and love the addition of cinnamon full recipe here.

Favorite Workout

Amazing full length video from our Tone It Up Girls.  The newest bikini ready video.  They are wearing the Maaji bathing suits that I mentioned in this post before.

Favorite Picture

This picture makes me insanely jealous and I don’t use that word very often.  I was at work while Mark got to have a meet and great after the sound check.

I mean look how close he was to Adam Duritz!  You all now know my love for him.  I asked Mark if his hair smelled and he looked at me pretty much responded to my joke like this.

(via tumblr)

Seriously he is the hair washing police with me. I can sit on the couch and he’ll say “oh I see you didn’t want to wash your hair today after teaching Barre”.  So I thought it was a very valid question asking if that dreaded up man’s hair smelled awful. Apparently my blonde white girl hair can smell after teaching one Barre class but Adam Duritz is A-ok.

Favorite Post

This B inspired post from Biana on Wednesday seriously made my like entire year.  I have been so crazy with work and my plan was to email each one of you to thank you for all your insanely sweet words.  I mean way to make a girl feel good about herself!  I truly mean it….not trying to get all Taylor Swift after winning artist of the year at the Grammy’s but I was really humbled by everyones comments!

Favorite Sale

Stop it with these Summer sales.  Tory Burch is having quite the Summer sale (you know because like it just started and everything).  There are some big discounts taken!  Now is the time to finally get those sandals you have been eyeing!  Here are my picks!  If you have been debating I would tell you to purchase sooner than later because the sizes sell out quickly!  I have these Trudy flats and wear them all the time for work they are insanely comfortable.  This double wrap bracelet is so pretty for the Summer.  This striped Fedora is on it’s way because it’s perfect for keeping the sun off your hair and face.

Favorite Funnies
Add hair ties to this list as well
I don’t know if the is legit but it sure explains a lot of my behavior…..
For real though
This made me giggle
How I felt after Wednesdays post when no one knew who Adam Duritz and the Counting Crows were
(via tumblr)
When my jam comes on
(via tumblr)
Alright now it’s your turn!  Tell me your favorites from this week!  Also the best part of these linkups is going and swinging by all the fun peeps who linked up!  Have a fabulous weekend!!! xoxoxo
(are you following me yet?  ummmmm why not?  Check out all the ways to stay in the loop down below!)

1. June 20, 2014 / 4:27 AM

Ok that recipe… yum!!! And I can’t believe your man is standing next to Adam??? This is not lost on me!! And… I’m first here today… jus sayin. I am taking that as a super fantastic omen for the weekend. Cheers my friend:)

2. June 20, 2014 / 4:51 AM

Ohhhh no the fact that people don’t know Counting Crows makes me legitimately sad. Maybe if you had referenced “Accidentally in Love” (ick) from Shrek, that would have helped?! I have a TB $25 gift card, maybe during a sale I will actually use it. Thanks for the head’s up!

3. June 20, 2014 / 5:06 AM

Wait, blog land doesn’t know who the Counting Crows are? Sad times.

That Tyra gif is hilarious. Good luck findig the perfect outfit!

4. June 20, 2014 / 5:29 AM

Can always count on you for a good sale! Also laughing at the comments above because as you know I had no righteous clue who he/they were. Also I’d love to hear that story.

5. June 20, 2014 / 5:30 AM

I can’t wait to see how the pictures turn out!! He knows your side so it’s pretty much guaranteed that they’ll be perfect. Ugh that sale. I should stay away, but the deals!

6. June 20, 2014 / 6:04 AM

Yes, yes, you need to tell us how you met! LOL..I would love to hear. Ugh I would wear the hell out of those Tory Burch Trudy flats. That is exactly how I watch most sports, except games I find exciting, like hockey.

7. June 20, 2014 / 9:33 AM

That song is being added to my running list now! Have a great weekend :)

8. June 20, 2014 / 9:52 AM

I mean they were totally touching that was a valid question! I am always losing hair ties! Yes, soccer isn’t my jam either! Make it fashion girl!

9. June 20, 2014 / 9:57 AM

Can’t wait to see your engagement pics!! Haha loving the Taylor Swift shocked faces… too cute! B’s post about you was so awesome! Loved it! And Tory Burch sale….really?!? My wallet is not happy with me this month!! Happy Friday love!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

10. June 20, 2014 / 10:30 AM

GIrl, I took a day off this week too. Real life ALWAYS trumps online life! I want to know more about your love story, so please share. And yay engagement pictures, whoop whoop! I loved your post on B’s page, so inspiring!

Happy Friday, Friend!

11. June 20, 2014 / 10:32 AM

I need that striped fedora in my life and on top of that Gator colors!! So excited to see how the engagement photos turn out and hopefully the heat stays at a mild temp for you guys!! Can’t believe how close he was to Adam and that guys hair is totally out of control – it definitely smells! The cuteness aggression one – OMG totally me!! Happy Friday love!! xo

12. June 20, 2014 / 11:23 AM

Um yes, of course I want to hear about how you guys met! That is so cool he got to meet him :) LOVED B’s post about you!

13. June 20, 2014 / 11:27 AM

How cute are you two in that first pictures!! So cool that your hubby got to meet The Counting Crows! I love Adam’s voice and Mr. Jones will always be one of my favorite songs!

14. June 20, 2014 / 11:44 AM

I think a how we met post is in order little miss! And I can’t wait to see your engagement pictures! I am sure they are going to turn out just perfect! Even if there are gator colors in some of them….

It is totally legit that you asked if Adam’s hair smelled. I mean, I would have asked too!

LOL!! I tried on shorts a few weeks ago with my mom and sat down in them and was like NOPE. My mom was like what do you mean no? I told her I didn’t like the way they made my legs look when I sat down. She called me ridiculous.

I will go liquor store running with you any day my friend. Just not the other kinds….

15. June 20, 2014 / 11:50 AM

HA! I am always searching for my bobby pins. It’s like they grow legs and walk the fuck away. smh…..

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

16. June 20, 2014 / 11:57 AM

Yay for taking engagement photos! I totally want to hear the story of how you two met!

Mmm that shrimp burrito looks so good. It’s only 8am but I want it!

I’m not sure cuteness inspires aggression but I sure do love squeezing cute little puppies!

17. June 20, 2014 / 12:00 PM

Love the Tyra gif! Also love the idea for your engagement photos!! Can’t wait to see them!

18. June 20, 2014 / 12:01 PM

Please share the story of how you and Mark met!! Also, you kill me each week with the recipes…this one looks so good!
    Lastly, the thighs in shorts one…SO TRUE. So. TRUE.

19. June 20, 2014 / 12:12 PM

Hehe that’s how I feel watching soccer too! Kick…. kick…… another beer please?

20. June 20, 2014 / 12:18 PM

I need that Tory Burch fedora like yesterday!!! I’m sure you’ll look lovely in whatever you choose! I’d go with something a bit neutral with a pop of color in an accessory. That’s what my photog friends always recommend! I’ll try to link up today if I can get a spare moment away from playing with the 3 year old. I just want to compliment you on your blog! You have done such an amazing job marketing yourself and gaining a following in a short time. Yay you! You should do a post on how you did it!

21. June 20, 2014 / 12:32 PM

Your engagement pics are going to be gorgeous. Can’t wait to see them. Avocado cream sounds amazing. I’ll have to check out that recipe. I didn’t post today because I have been busy packing for our beach trip! Otherwise I would have linked up. Have a fab weekend! XO

22. June 20, 2014 / 12:33 PM

Mmm sign me up for anything with avocado creme! Looks delicious. Yay for the Tory Burch sale! Crossing my fingers the Miller sandals are included… off to check it out!

23. June 20, 2014 / 12:38 PM

Hahah those funnies are funny!
    Yes we want to hear how you met!
    SAle? yay!
    :) Have a great weekend!!

24. June 20, 2014 / 12:45 PM

Girl I totally feel you on that hair washing thing. David asked me Tuesday when was the last time I washed my hair because it was looking a little “ugh.” Enjoy your engagement pictures… I was super nervous about mine and ended up loving them. Have a fun weekend! xo

25. June 20, 2014 / 12:53 PM

That first funny…YES! I have a very large, painful bruise on my arm and have no idea how it got there. It’s moderately alarming.

I think you should totally share how you guys met. Stories like that are great. And asking if his hair smells is a totally legit question because LOOK AT IT!!! It’s been that way since the 90s. There has to be a funk.

26. June 20, 2014 / 12:56 PM

Today is my first time linking up with you, so thanks so much for hosting! The chipotle burrito looks so tasty! I recently tried the cilantro lime chicken bowl copycat recipe I saw on Pinterest and it is ah-mazing. Have a wonderful weekend, Amanda, and I’m looking forward to joining you in more link ups in the future!

27. June 20, 2014 / 12:58 PM

Love your matching Gator outfits! Those shrimp tacos look sooo good and loving that Tory Burch sale!

28. June 20, 2014 / 1:08 PM

Adam and Mark were practically holding hands!! But you do wonder how bad these dreads smell! Eww I can’t stand dreadlocks! Have fun taking your engagement pics! We didn’t do any and of course years later I regret it!

29. June 20, 2014 / 1:08 PM

Of course we want to know how y’all met!! The bruises thing is so true! Every time I’m like oh I’m gonna remember that bruise…then it forms & I’m all how in the hell did that happen?!

30. June 20, 2014 / 1:10 PM

I believe the jealousy about Mark and Adam is totally normal and justified. Also that sale? I almost didn’t need to know that haha. Have a great weekend!

31. June 20, 2014 / 1:14 PM

You must be so excited about your engagement pictures!! Looking forward to seeing them. I’m sure they will be amazing!! I’m trying not to shop cause the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is almost here! I cannot wait to see what is on it this year. That is like one of my favorite sales of the year.
    Have a wonderful weekend!!

Best, Mree

32. June 20, 2014 / 1:15 PM

That is SOOOO me when my jam comes on! You are too cute in that very top pic – good luck with your engagement pics! I’m sure they will turn out great! Maybe you can do your hair like Adam’s for the pics? :)

33. June 20, 2014 / 1:16 PM

AH! I am going to download that Diplo song ASAP and add it to my running mix- LOVE it! :) Can’t wait to hear all about your engagement pics… definitely take Tyra’s advice ;) hehe

34. June 20, 2014 / 1:17 PM

Yep… no “hoe” pictures :)
    LOOK HOW CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh my gosh – my legs sitting in shorts … just depressing!!!!

35. June 20, 2014 / 1:31 PM

what a great idea to have your photos done on campus. I did some of my daughter’s high school senior photos on her school’s track because she spent 6 years leaving blood, sweat and tears on it! (Quite literally). Chomps to you!!

36. June 20, 2014 / 1:32 PM

I have missed the entire week except Monday and Tuesday. To say that work is crazy would be an understatement. Cant waitto see your pphotos from Gainesville. Are you taking some at the swamp ;) ps every Friday I check your links to comments ratio with a wtf ;) haha.

37. June 20, 2014 / 1:39 PM

Wow! Your link-up is getting so big! :D I’d love to hear how you and Mark met. I’m such a sap for that kind of thing. :D

38. June 20, 2014 / 1:50 PM

Those chipotle shrimp look super yummy! Love the ecard about your thighs in shorts – sooo true! Have a great weekend and good luck with your engagement photos!

39. June 20, 2014 / 1:52 PM

Yay for engagement pictures – you will look fabulous! How fun that you are taking them on campus – I used to see people do that all the time when we still lived near our school in Iowa. I hope we all made you feel like TSwift accepting an award – you deserve it! Have a great one, lady.

40. June 20, 2014 / 2:00 PM

Yayay, for engagement pictures! You’re going to hoe/fashion the crap outta them.

41. June 20, 2014 / 2:03 PM

Ummm, I want to hear how you met! Also, I laughed SO hard at the liquor run e-card. Yay for engagement photos <3

42. June 20, 2014 / 2:08 PM

I would love to hear how you guys met! I’m a sucker for those stories :)
    I also want you to know that songs you’ve posted here make up a good chunk of my “beats to run to” playlist so thank you for that haha!
    OMG how cool that Mark got to meet the guys!
    You totally deserved that spotlight at B’s this week and I LOVED it!
    That first someecard is painfully true. And that second would explain why I say horrible things about puppies and chubby babies like “OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO EAT YOUR LITTLE FACE.”

43. June 20, 2014 / 2:12 PM

Love your dress and belt in the first photo! And thanks for letting me know about the Tory Burch sale! Goodbye money in my bank account lol!

44. June 20, 2014 / 2:16 PM

OMFG he met the Counting Crows! He stood next to Adam Duritz! I’m dying of jealousy.

WORD to the shorts/thighs ecard.

45. June 20, 2014 / 2:41 PM

Oh you two are just the cutest! That shrimp recipe looks soooo amazing – have to try! Just read your post on Bianas blog – so so so good!!!!

46. June 20, 2014 / 2:56 PM

Amanda! I am a huge Counting Crows fan! Hard Candy is one of my all-time favorite albums! I am super jealous of your hubs right now!

47. June 20, 2014 / 2:58 PM

YUM shrimp chipotle burritos?! YES PLEASE!

48. June 20, 2014 / 3:20 PM

the real question is… did he get to touch Adam’s hair?

49. June 20, 2014 / 3:35 PM

Love that song, and that TIU workout! Those funnies – the bruise/bobby pin one and thighs in shorts one – are hilarious!! Thanks for hosting this link up! :-)

50. June 20, 2014 / 3:48 PM

love the song choice!! and how cool that he got to meet them!! sorry you missed out.. that is no bueno!

51. June 20, 2014 / 3:52 PM

Um.. absolutely want the story of how yall met!! The funny about soccer made me laugh out loud. That’s exactly how I was during the game while my husband was jumping around like a crazy person!

52. June 20, 2014 / 3:55 PM

I read the entire thing, but my brain can’t focus on anything else except Adam Duritz. SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous! Did the hair touch him? Was he nice?? Oh man, August & Everything After is the first CD I ever owned! It doesnt even work anymore bc I wore it out.
    Have fun with the engagement pics! Wear something comfortable!

53. June 20, 2014 / 4:19 PM

LMAO that Tyra gif is perfection! I am so thankful that my husband could care less about soccer and I don’t have to pretend to like it.

54. June 20, 2014 / 4:32 PM

That shrimp burrito just had my stomach growlingggg it looks so yummy! Also love those leopard flats, have a wonderful weekend and thank you for hosting again xo

55. June 20, 2014 / 4:44 PM

Good luck with your engagement photos! They will be gorgeous and I love that you went with somewhere sentimental!

56. June 20, 2014 / 5:27 PM

As a UGA grad it realllyyyy hurts me to see that blue and orange together. I’ll try and look past it though :) Can’t wait to see how the pics turn out!

57. June 20, 2014 / 7:01 PM

Have fun with your engagement photo session!!! Also where did you get that blue dress?! I’ve been dying to find one in that royal blue color! And the Tory Burch sale…I saw it in my inbox and just cried for my bank account.

58. June 20, 2014 / 7:02 PM

No wonder you had no post yesterday! After reading about how much you pack into a day I was like woah – I need to be doing more! haha Have a wonderful weekend, can’t wait to see how your photos turn out!!

59. June 20, 2014 / 7:41 PM

Love the idea of being on campus for your engagement photos! XOXO Happy Friday!

60. June 20, 2014 / 7:51 PM

Those shrimp burritos look amazing!! If only I wasn’t the world’s worst cook…

Can’t wait to see engagement pictures! Ohhh and Tyra.. hahah her expressions on ANTM are the best ever. I secretly hope there’s a marathon on this weekend so I can binge watch it while Steve is at a Bachelor party ;)

xo, Jen

61. June 20, 2014 / 9:04 PM

i have always wondered that where do the bobby pins go and hair ties as well, how do I always loose those??

62. June 20, 2014 / 9:28 PM

Stop telling me about sales, dammit! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?!?! ;P
    Bahahaha… the gif of that kid dancing… bahahahahah… can’t stop watching!

63. June 20, 2014 / 9:44 PM

haha oh my gosh that is exactly how I was with the soccer game too! Though I tuned in at the beginning and the end which was when they scored so I guess it could have been worse, I could have watched the other boring 70 minutes. And girl- I love the Counting Crows!! My hubby and I saw them in Tampa a few years back (I think it was at the 1-800-Ask-Gary amphitheater.. LOL such a ridiculous name). Have a great weekend!!

64. June 21, 2014 / 5:35 PM

Yay for engagement photos!! And you def need to share how y’all met!!

65. June 22, 2014 / 5:39 PM

Love that you’re getting your photos done on campus- can’t wait to see them! And that recipe looks sooo good!

66. June 22, 2014 / 8:57 PM

Don’t feel bad for missing a day! I missed like 3 weeks- and didn’t comment either!! Please share stories about how you met/got engaged or whatever other details you want to! I love those stories :) Also, as if he met them without you- what a bummer!!!

67. June 23, 2014 / 6:54 PM

OH my gosh! you are the cutest!!! I can’t wait to see the engagement photos! And can’t wait to hear how you met!! :)

68. June 24, 2014 / 1:10 PM

ok the recipe. yum. also yes share your how you met story, even though i know it. and omfg where do bobby pins go?! i hate them. damn straight you got awesome love from B’s post, don’t you know yet everyone loves you?!
    ps. my ex had dreads. they smelled like rotten cupcakes or something. like if you have ever worked in fast food, they smelled like your clothes do the next day if you don’t wash them, or the smell that just lingers around everything and you can’t smell it anymore because you’re so used to it. also sleeping next to them made my skin HORRIBLE. like we broke up and suddenly my skin is baby smooth, coincidence, i think not!

69. June 24, 2014 / 4:44 PM

Bahahahahah! Those funnies are funnnnnnnnny! :) Especially the thighs when you sit down ecard… ugh! yes please share the story on how you met! Love reading those types of stories! I loved Biana’s post/interview with you! Your pretty much like the celebrity of blogland! ;) Oh and the cuteness/aggression fact thing is too funny because that’s totally what I do. On a daily basis to my dogs. Lol! :)