Weekend Style – How to Wear a Midi Skirt

I had so many productive plans set for the weekend and wouldn’t you know it, it’s Monday and about one third of them were accomplished.  Not enough hours in the day for sure.  Today we are talking about how to wear a midi skirt, which is one of my favorite styles right now.  So remember when I talked about how to work with brands for your blog in this post?  Well, my favorite brand and I are now collaborating and I couldn’t be happier.  I have always worn BB Dakota in the past due to the great price points (especially on sale!) the quality, and the styles are on point.  When I scooped up this BB Dakota Raquel midi skirt, Mark immediately said to me “are we going to a Sock hop later?”  That husband of mine and all his jokes.  I personally love the look of midi skirts but they do take a little more styling to get them out the door.  This one in particular is pretty high waisted so I immediately paired it with my favorite crop top.  They hit at the perfect spot and this could almost pass as a dress.  Of course I wore my Dolce Vita Nova espadrilles and fringed mini bag. This was a perfect outfit for the stifling Florida heat and would transition beautifully out to dinner.

How to Wear a Midi Skirt

BB Dakota Red skirt, how to wear a midi skirtIMG_7688IMG_7664midi skirtred midi skirtBB Dakota midi red skirtIMG_7693IMG_2098BB Dakota red midi skirtHyde Park TampaHyde Park Tampared midi skirtred midi skirtBB Dakota midi skirt

Red Skirt ||| BB Dakota c/o find on sale here (I’m wearing a size 6 for sizing reference) similar under $16 here

Crop Top ||| Old from Target similar here and here

Fringe Purse ||| Milly c/o find here and similar on sale here ||| budget friendly under $30 here

Espadrilles ||| Shopbop c/o find here and here ||| budget friendly user $30 here

Sunnies ||| Karen Walker c/o DITTO find 40% off here ||| budget friendly under $25 here

Watch || Kapten & Son c/o find here

Braceletes ||| David Yurman exact here, here and here ||| budget friendly here

Shop this Post

Budget Friendly Version

[bctt tweet=”Weekend Style – How to wear a midi skirt on the blog today!” username=”meetatthebarre”]

Well there you have it!  How to wear a midi skirt, how do you style them?  Do you think they are just as classic as I do?  I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  What did you do to kick off the start of the Summer?!?!

Want first dibs on shopping and sales? Sign up here on Liketoknowit for direct links sent to you
Want my daily posts sent to your email inbox?!?!  Then click here and make it happen
Follow my looks along on Instagram
Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook

Share:

34 responses to “Weekend Style – How to Wear a Midi Skirt”

1. pia says:

this is incredible! You’ve picked the perfect backgrounds for this look! Love the midi skirt!
    Fash ‘n’ fudge
    Fash ‘n’ fudge

2. Midi skirts are so fun! I love this one and the print and you’re right, it could totally pass for a dress! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

3. I do love the old school look of mid skirts and it’s fun to twirl in them!! Super cute red color too! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

4. Kelsey says:

If you had asked my 6-year-old self what type of skirt that is, I would have said it’s a “spinny skirt!” I’m loving the scoop back of that striped tee. So cute!

5. That sounds exactly like something my husband would say. I have been afraid of a midi because I am so short, but this is so cute that I really think I need to try it out. BB Dakota is such a great brand!

Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

6. Ashley says:

I’ve really been loving midi skirts! Paired with a crop top is such a cute combo!

7. Caroline says:

Love!!! So cute and pretty at the same time. Congrats on the collaboration too, that is exciting!!! I hope that you had a wonderful weekend too. :-)

8. Jaelan says:

I think stripes are your jam! I feel you on not enough hours in the day. There are never enough!

9. Jenn says:

This looks great on you!

10. Nadine says:

Congrats on being able to collaborate with them!!! That is so cool! I saw this picture on Instagram and I was like…she looks like a movie star! I love this look on you, it is so pretty! Silly boys and their comments.

11. I think midi skirts are super cute, especially if you pair them with a crop like you did, or a tucked in, fitted shirt. In fact, that’s even work appropriate so it could be some day to night thing, too!

12. I got really excited for a second when I saw the phone booth… :(

love that poppy/red color on you and these photos are gorgeous! x

13. Rebecca Jo says:

It looks cute on you.
    For some reason, that sort of skirt makes me look so ROUND – almost squatty & I’m 5’8 … I wish I could pull them off though.

14. Gina says:

This looks so great on you! I can never bring myself to wear this length.. I have the curse of muscular calves (aka big lower legs!) and I feel like it is so unflattering on me. So cute on you!

15. christina says:

this outfit is adorable! i love the idea of midi skirts but they always end on the worst part of my leg. not cute on a petite lady. also — sock hop!!! oh mark. what a gem.

16. I always feel like I would have nothing to wear something like this to but you styled it so perfectly for everyday wear! I am going to have to pop in to F21 or H&M and try one of these on in person, always and awkward length for me. Hope you had a great weekend!

17. Lauren says:

Super cute! I love it!

xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

18. okay i seriously did not think I could rock this! but I love it so much! going to try and wear this look .

19. Gorgeous outfit! I’ve always loved how red goes with black and white however I’m not brave enough to pull of a midi skirt but it looks fabulous on you.

20. Karly says:

Love this outfit on you, girlfriend! It’s a bit retro but so classic. I’m a huge fan of the midi trend right now, so this is right up my alley.

21. You kill this look! The red lip just makes everything so mod and fun, yet the wedges pull it back to modern trends. I love everything about this outfit! (:

22. Dana Ivy says:

I was never a fan of the midi length until I randomly tried on a dress and LOVED it!! Wore it to a friends rehearsal dinner and got so many compliments! Now I have a few in my closet! Love how you styled your look girl!

Xox Dana Ivy // http://www.iadorewhatilove.com

23. kristen says:

bahahaha Sock hop. i love midi skirts and dresses. i feel much more comfortable in them vs minis, that’s for sure!

24. Rachel says:

I feel like it should almost have been a #lifegoal to collab with BB Dakota so…now you’ll have to set a new one ;) Seriously though, HOW FREAKING AWESOME?! You know how I feel about them!! You look fab in this skirt, too!!

25. Kristina says:

This outfit is fabulous and BB Dakota is one of my very favorite brands too. And Ryan has made plenty of funny comments during our shoots… thank goodness for “Instagram husbands” haha :)

xo, Kristina
    Medicine & Manicures

26. Lindsay says:

I think a midi skirt is one of the most timelessly chic pieces and you are totally rocking it!!

27. Ellen says:

Polka dots and stripes were meant to be. Love the mix of black and red!

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

28. Love! I’m a shorty at 5’3″ so midi skirts have intimidated me a bit, but I think the key is pairing them with a heel! You look great!

29. Tiffany says:

I love how midi skirts twirl. Just so fun. And yes, never enough hours in the day.

30. That skirt is just so beautiful and feminine. The perfect pop of color with your striped tee <3
    Green Fashionista

31. This is such a gorgeous outfit, it feels so French!

32. Julie Joy says:

I never liked the midi style until recently I got a midi maternity dress and for once I don’t feel stumpy! Probably because I have a huge basketball to break things up in the mid section. Ha! I love the way you styled this skirt!

33. Love this look on you! I love the twirl factor, feels kind of 1950s! And I love the striped top with this! xo, Champagne&Suburbs