Scenes From the Weekend

How was everyone’s weekend?  Can you believe it’s Monday again???  I will say that this weekend I slept in both days and by saying slept in I mean I didn’t set an alarm but I will still up by 8 am.  There is something to be said about waking up with no alarm shrieking at you no matter what right?

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine’s Day and Weekend.  If you follow me on Instagram you saw my sweet outfit with the byline “put on my nicest pair of stretch pant leggings for the occasion”.  Mark is a lucky man because all of our important dates for him to remember are going to be in a weeks span.  Valentine’s day February 14th, first date the 16th and we will be married on the 20th next year.  Isn’t it so nice of me to make it so easy for him to remember??

Let’s sum of this weekend with a picture collage…it really is my favorite way to do things if only I could add music to it and have it be a video montage.  Do you remember those days with Myspace and you add a song to your page with like a photo stream running under your picture???  Oh the days….

1// Best pair of stretch pants for Valentine’s Day
2// Lusting over this skirt from Anthropologie
3// Beautiful day on Saturday to watch men play softball
4// Wedding planning….we lasted about 30 minutes at the latest bridal expo and decided to grab “lunch”.  I promise there was some eating involved.  Being spoiled by my Aunt and mother.
5// Interesting center pieces…..
6// That skull scarf makes an appearance again
7// Cobb salad from the Wine Exchange
8// I’m done talking about Bob Costa’s eye…..Honestly what is Johnny Weir wearing??? Is that a sparkly headband with matching necklace??
9// Valentine’s Day dinner….even plated it pretty I’m impressed.
What was everyone up to this weekend?  Do you have today off?  I have the day off from my regular job but of course filling it with my USF teaching responsibilities.  I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Also remember you can still enter the giveaway by clicking here.  xoxoxoxo

1. February 17, 2014 / 1:08 PM

Love that scarf!! Looks like you had a fun weekend!
    Stacy

2. February 17, 2014 / 1:13 PM

Comfy pants for a heavenly meal = perfection!! Sounds like the perfect weekend :) Yay for having the day off!!

3. February 17, 2014 / 1:31 PM

I love watching what Johnny Weir wears :) I had a pretty low-key weekend, just hanging out with the fam. Hubs has today off, so we’re going to finish up House of Cards season 2 — exciting times ;)

4. February 17, 2014 / 1:31 PM

That Cobb salad looks amazingly good! I was never a big fan of the bridal expos either. I knew what I wanted for my wedding and didn’t need to see all those other vendors!

5. February 17, 2014 / 1:38 PM

I can’t believe it’s Monday again already! Don’t you think the more you do, the quicker it goes?! Looks like you had a good one :) That salad looks so good!

6. February 17, 2014 / 1:57 PM

I swear I was in leggings all weekend too! Love your champs and that salad looks delish!

7. February 17, 2014 / 2:00 PM

I put on my best pair of leggings for Valetine’s day too and I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way!

8. February 17, 2014 / 2:04 PM

that scarf!!!!!

today is family day in ontario so we have it off. unfortunately, it’s buttcold outside so we’re staying in for the morning and then heading out for some fun in the afternoon.

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda

9. February 17, 2014 / 2:17 PM

Awesome Vday dinner, darling! Very well plated, indeed:)

Love the skull scarf and you should totally snag that skirt!

Did you make some sweet potato noodles yet? I warmed up the leftover noodles for breakfast and at them with an avocado and fresh salsa. The versatility of a sweet potato:)

XO, Gina

• February 17, 2014 / 10:54 PM

Yes, peel the sweet potatoes and chop the ends off so there is something to stick into when using the spiralizer:)

10. February 17, 2014 / 2:37 PM

Why does everyone have the damn day off today?!?! Is it a bank holiday or something??? IF YOU HAVE THE DAY OFF AND YOU’RE READING THIS: I HATE YOU!

11. February 17, 2014 / 2:55 PM

LOVE your V-Day outfit!! Gorg!! Your dinner looked amazing too! Don’t worry, champagne totally counts as lunch ;) And That skirt is SO cute!! Glad you took advantage of the great weather this weekend!

<3,
    Pamela

12. February 17, 2014 / 3:28 PM

LOL I can’t believe you were watching men play softball this weekend…it looks so tropical compared to our winter here :) That skirt is really cute!!!

13. February 17, 2014 / 4:43 PM

that is kind of awesome that all your important dates are in one week! ours are all spread out!

14. February 17, 2014 / 5:16 PM

Lots of yummy looking food! Yup, we’re off today, enjoying this beautiful FL weather today :)

15. February 17, 2014 / 6:18 PM

Johnny Weir… I just can’t. He’s a unique gem! That Anthro skirt is gorgeous!

16. February 17, 2014 / 6:48 PM

Your Valentine’s dinner looks so fancy! Nice work, you two! Even better than some stuffy restaurant :) Bridal expo’s are overwhelming! 30 minutes is a loooong time in that estrogen filled chaos! Hope they were liberal with the champagne.

17. February 17, 2014 / 7:01 PM

That Cobb salad looks amazing, I want one! Unfortunately I’m at work today. It appears that Georgia doesn’t believe in celebrating Presidents’ Day. The children didn’t even have school off. Hope you enjoy your day off!

18. February 17, 2014 / 10:58 PM

OMG the Myspace montage haha…you totally brought me back with that reference! I used to switch my song up all the time…love it. Glad you had such a fun weekend!

19. February 17, 2014 / 11:16 PM

That cobb salad looks amazing! Those wedding expos seem fun but they really aren’t… Champagne lunch is definitely a must after one of those! ;)

<3 Shannon
    upbeatsoles.blogpsot.com

20. February 18, 2014 / 12:31 AM

The cobb – I die. You look adorable in your best stretch pants!

21. February 18, 2014 / 3:34 AM

Love the skull scarf! And Johnny Weir is killing me. I just started following him on Instagram and he’s so ridiculous!

22. February 18, 2014 / 12:14 PM

i love johnny. i swear he’s the only person to ever wear a sparkly headband in the Olympics that isn’t competing! lol. And he’s always talking about the DRAMA of men’s skating. i never knew there was such DRAMA like he says, hehe.

23. February 18, 2014 / 4:52 PM

Now you have me lusting over that skirt as well- sooo pretty! Looks like a delicious Valentines meal :)

24. February 18, 2014 / 4:54 PM

LOVE that first outfit. Simple, chic, and that statement necklace! Hottie!

25. February 18, 2014 / 5:08 PM

That’s a SALAD?! That is the most amazing look salad I’ve ever seen!