Back to Reality

Happy Tuesday y’all!  I hope you had a nice and relaxing long weekend.  You know that expression “a night out is a day in” (at least that is what my mother always said)….yup….definitely cannot hang anymore.  However I slept every day without an alarm, it’s honestly the simple pleasures for an over scheduled individual like myself. Pretty much it can be summed up by this

(via tumblr)

Friday night wore this dress.  I have been clearly obsessed with maxi dresses but even more finding red ones.  I just love the look of a sun kissed tan (or self tanner), red dress and paired with a perfect red lip.

Dress sold out but found here///save version in blue here///save version in black here
Accessories
Saturday we did so much sleeping it was almost embarrassing but sooooo needed.  Like I think I actually helped ease some of those circles under my eyes.  We stopped by the place I went to on the blogger dinner for some lunch and to enjoy being out in the gorgeous weather.  Yard of Ale Gastropub.  I was impressed the burgers were really good!
I just love living in Florida!

Mark cooked on Saturday night.  Remember this post about things I’ve learned from him?  Double carbs….oh yes that is mac and cheese and mashed potatoes with rack of lamb. Then he reminded me I didn’t take a picture for the blog (*insert secret smile*) and “it was a good thing he plated his because I forgot”.  I was so proud on two accounts….one that he wanted his dinner to make it and two that he has listened to all my ramblings about plating food.  I mean look at this presentation? I was very impressed.

Sunday I went to a very much needed Barre class.  It felt so good to finally take a class after teaching so many then we headed over to Nordstrom Rack to check the sales.  That store has the best high end designer shoes but they weren’t in my budget but I mean look how gorgeous right??

Sunday night we went out to meet a few friends…..I know I could’t believe it either.  We sometimes are really true to our signs (both Cancers) aka total homebodies.  Seriously y’all….I have a problem and it’s this dress.  Like I can’t stop wearing it.  Best part I said to Mark “I mean if we’re going out I should like shave my legs at least?” His response “I mean you’re wearing like that long dress right?” (I mean I even put in my fancy party braid in my hair).

sold out but similar here

Since Sunday night after doing a little of this

(via tumblr)

perhaps some of this

(via tumblr)

and maybe even this happened

(via tumblr)

Monday was spent doing a whole lot of this

(via tumblr)

Which was so nice because the traffic out to the beach was horrific and the amount of crazy drunk drivers on the little bit of actual time that we had to drive this weekend was straight up terrifying.

Capped off the weekend with some serious laugh sessions with my two girls Biana and Christina watching the Bachelorette with a group text.  Absolutely hilarious!

This weekend was just so nice not having any plans and being able to spend time with Mark without rushing to the next thing on the list.  Getting to really enjoy the time together and catch up.  What were you up to this weekend?

Next Tuesday I’ll return with Things I’ve Been Digging because I think our credit cards need a break no?  What did you score this weekend with the Memorial Day Sales??  I have some amazing finds from F21, Nordstroms and Baublebar that I can’t wait to show you!  Let me know! xoxoxoxoxo

1. May 27, 2014 / 4:47 AM

Aww what a fun weekend! I just love you and your sense of style!! <3 <3 <3

2. May 27, 2014 / 5:07 AM

I like the sound of your weekend, sounds a little like mine. I slept in until 9:30-10 on Saturday and Sunday which is absolutely unheard of in my world. Weird how much a 3 day weekend can change your sleep patterns. I was obviously exhausted.

3. May 27, 2014 / 6:18 AM

Love both of the dresses, they look great on you! Just odered a few over the weekend, can’t wait for them to get here! There’s nothing like a long holiday weekend to catch up on much needed sleep… and to have fun and party <3

4. May 27, 2014 / 7:34 AM

I love those dresses. It is always so cute when the guys think of the blog, secret smiles for sure:) Sounds like a great weekend!

5. May 27, 2014 / 9:50 AM

What a fun weekend! My weekends are usually so jam packed that I enjoyed not having plans and just vegging out and catching up on reading, scandal and sleep.

6. May 27, 2014 / 11:02 AM

That red dress =perfection!! Love it and love it on you!! I can’t wait for the double dose of chat session next Sunday and Monday!! Mark needs to cook more often because that rack of lamb is no joke!! Looks amazing and I’m sure it tasted wonderful!! There is just something so wonderful about sleeping and not having an alarm!!! Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!!

7. May 27, 2014 / 11:07 AM

Glad you had a great weekend!!! Love both the maxis and good for Mike for plating his food haha.

8. May 27, 2014 / 11:09 AM

i love all your dresses girl! thats so funny, i went out saturday night and was like i dont wanna shave and KC yelled ‘just wear a maxi!’ haha. Ok hubby if you insist! We slept so much on the weekend as well, isnt it lovely not having an alarm? My favourite thing. That plate of food looks amazing, lamb is so expensive here but so popular / cheaper at home I can’t wait till my mum makes me some, haha. Yay for going to a class instead of teaching one :) Have a great week girly!

9. May 27, 2014 / 11:29 AM

Love that red maxi girl!! We enjoyed 3 days in a row of no alarm, seriously heaven! I wish I didn’t have to be a big girl and work :(

10. May 27, 2014 / 12:05 PM

That red maxi looks absolutely gorgeous on you! I have to agree with the sun kissed tan and red! Umm all of that food looks AMAZING! And I totally want those Tory Burch flats!!! I should have gone shopping this weekend… ugh.

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

11. May 27, 2014 / 12:49 PM

That lamb looks so good and it’s not even 9am! I’m a fan of the presentation ;) Between this post and Katie’s post today, I am seriously wanting to do some F21 shopping! I know a lot of people don’t like red, but I think it looks good on everyone! Love all of those dresses!

12. May 27, 2014 / 1:02 PM

so guess what???? i channelled my inner you this weekend and went and got me a maxi dress. i’ve always loved them but because i’m so small (5’4) i thought that maybe they made me look like i was wearing a giant potato sack so i always stayed away. then i felt that it was time to class this bitch up and bought a pretty black and white one. i’m still getting used to the length (does it have to be THAT long?!) but i love it!

that red maxi is so hotttt!!

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda

13. May 27, 2014 / 1:08 PM

Love that red maxi, so gorgeous!

And lamb, so good! I want some now!

14. May 27, 2014 / 1:19 PM

Love all of your maxi looks! I had a mini memorial day shopping spree yesterday lol. I ordered gold polka dot wall decals, a little cream flower for Emily’s hair(that I will totally borrow on the beach) and a gorgeous J Crew necklace. XO

15. May 27, 2014 / 1:26 PM

I got an outside cushion and a sun hat this weekend, that’s it! I’ll be spending a boatload of cash next weekend.

I love no plans weekends. I coasted through this one as well.

16. May 27, 2014 / 1:30 PM

Turtle time! Looks like a great weekend with awesome weather!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

17. May 27, 2014 / 1:37 PM

hahaha why are our mothers always right? A night out is a day in….gosh so true! Looks like you had a fantastic weekend! love it!

18. May 27, 2014 / 1:46 PM

no way i just went to nordstrom rack too…for the first time!! i’ll show you my finds tomorrow. :) love the convo. still cracking me up!

19. May 27, 2014 / 1:47 PM

That red maxi is everyyyyything. It drapes so well on you! And I feel like I’m the only girl in blogland — and the whole world, maybe? — who doesn’t watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette so I never get the tweets or posts on it haha :( Glad you got a little bit of down time and had some fun this weekend :)

20. May 27, 2014 / 2:01 PM

Looks like you had the perfect weekend! Glad you got to sleep in and spend some time with your man. :)

21. May 27, 2014 / 2:35 PM

Girl, I cannot hang anymore either! I remember the days when I could stay up all night or out all night drinking and be completely fine the next day. Now, I spend the next few days recovering! hah. And sleep is totally my favorite thing to do.:)

22. May 27, 2014 / 2:58 PM

Your Monday looks like the better part of my Sunday after Margarita Fest, hahaha. I need to get to Yard of Ale!

23. May 27, 2014 / 2:59 PM

As a short person, I envy those who can wear maxi dresses because they look so damn comfortable.

Sleeping in and relaxing are two of my favorite things!

24. May 27, 2014 / 3:12 PM

Bahahahahhaha! When in need of a laugh, no doubt I’ll get one on your page! So funny those gifs about drinking and dancing. Obviously I’m not working in my office when I sitting at my desk laughing by myself… O_o

Love both maxi’s you wore this weekend! I don’t blame you for wearing it all the time! That’s about how I am going to be with the one I just got from target! Oh and the comment about shaving the legs… tooo funny! On Sunday Michael goes hey babe when you get dressed today you might want to put on shorts because it’s already warm out. I gave him the look and said “really??” He’s like oooorrrr wearing a maxi dress if you didn’t shave your legs. Bahaha! At least they’re catching on! ;)

Besides the lamb part of that meal, it sounds and looks pretty awesome! Lol :) I’m all about the carbs and CHEEEESSE!!! :)

Group text of the bachelorette just cracks me up! I find myself sitting there talking to myself out loud – “Ugh!” “Douche” “WTF is he wearing?!” “Oh thank god, he goes home”. and much more! Some of them just have “TOOL” tattooed on their forehead. My favs are by far the farmer and Eric Hill. What sweet souls!

Have a great week!

25. May 27, 2014 / 3:16 PM

That dress looks gorgeous on you! I love it. =)

26. May 27, 2014 / 3:28 PM

Haha I love that he plated his food so it would make it onto your blog…also that he supported the non-shaving by pointing out you were wearing a long dress. Keeper!

27. May 27, 2014 / 3:38 PM

Sounds like you had a really wonderful weekend! I absolutely adore that red maxi dress, it is gorgeous! Also, I love that he plated his food so it would be featured on the blog :D That’s great!!

28. May 27, 2014 / 4:19 PM

That burger and fries looks like the perfect cure to my current weekend long hangover. Shit I am old and connot hang either. Other than too much partying my pants off I was lazeeeee all weekend and it was glorious! You already know about my deals hahaha!

29. Loving that red maxi! I feel you on the sleeping thing. We were on the boat all day Sunday and I realized I never stopped drinking the whole time. Needless to say I felt like a bag of money yesterday and spent a lot of time on the couch in between my shopping trips.

30. May 27, 2014 / 4:57 PM

ahhhh! I want in on your bachelorette group text!! It’s so much more fun to watch with friends! You looked so freaking fab in that red dress! I love it!! Glad you had a nice weekend and got in some good rest!

31. May 27, 2014 / 5:49 PM

Don’t feel bad, we slept till 11 AM Sunday morning. And then ate pancakes. I love staying in!!

32. May 27, 2014 / 6:11 PM

I can’t hang anymore either… it’s embarassing! Too much wine and I’m feeling rough the next day. Love both of those pretty dresses on you!

33. May 27, 2014 / 6:17 PM

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!!! I am loving that red dress! What sunless tanner are you using? I need some yesterday. I am pasty. Ew.

That burger and fries! YUM! Get in my belly!

34. May 27, 2014 / 6:25 PM

honestly girl, your style is so on point.. i’m so jealous!

35. May 27, 2014 / 6:25 PM

Ahhh back to reality :( I am also on a maxi dress obsession at the moment. I just got 3 new ones from Nordstrom Rack this weekend and it’s in the 100s this week where I live. Oh well, thank god for air conditioning! I do need to start accessorizing and getting long necklaces. Where do you recommend me finding some cute stuff?

36. May 27, 2014 / 6:41 PM

Sounds like a great weekend! There’s nothing quite like being able to sleep until your body wants to wake up. Love it.

Haha the plating looks great! Tyler always says “you should take pictures of ____ for your blog!” it’s pretty cute.

37. May 27, 2014 / 7:03 PM

We had to use all our money for car tires, battery, oil change. No good sale purchases :(

Love that Mark plated his food and remembered the photo was needed!

38. May 27, 2014 / 7:05 PM

You seriously have/find the cutest clothes! Glad you had a great weekend :)

39. May 27, 2014 / 8:01 PM

I know the feeling – I need to TAKE a class from somebody, badly! I’ve either been busy on the days I haven’t taught, or just too tired (this growing a human business will wear ya out at times!) Anyway – I haven’t taken in forever but I have it on my calendar for this Friday. Hopefully I won’t look like a beginner :)

40. May 27, 2014 / 8:50 PM

Looks like a great weekend! Mine was also relaxing, with one big nap! Those are the best weekends!

I love that red maxi!!!

41. May 27, 2014 / 9:42 PM

oh nordys rack. i just love that place too much. also love the new blog design!

42. May 27, 2014 / 9:57 PM

Not having to be a slave to my alarm clock was definitely the best thing about working afternoons… I’m gonna miss that! But I’m guessing it’ll just make me appreciate sleeping in on the weekends even MORE! :D
    Double carbs sounds okay to me… ALL the carbs sound okay! ;P

43. May 28, 2014 / 12:26 AM

Turtle time!! So glad you had a relaxing weekend you busy, busy lady!!

44. May 28, 2014 / 3:40 AM

Love, love, love the red maxi dress. So cute and amazing for summer!!

xx 365HANGERS

45. May 28, 2014 / 2:55 PM

Yall’s group texting is too sweet and cute. Did not know CHristina before today! :) Thanks for that introduction, ma’am!

46. May 29, 2014 / 12:01 PM

Your gifs are so funny. Love the red maxi. I am new here. Keep posting, love your blogging style.

herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com