Those Last Minute Gifts For the Real World

Soooo I thought I would help you out if you are one of those last minute peeps and give you a few ideas if you are running low on time and creativity since Christmas Eve is tomorrow night (I mean really??) and I’m pretty sure Amazon prime can’t help you know. I hope you already have the big gifts taken care of……these are the real last minute gifts or the oh shoot I didn’t know you were getting me a gift kind of thing.

A gift for the whoever is hosting the holidays for you.
Run over to Michaels and grab a basket.  Don’t forget to print or pull up on your phone the 50% off coupon. Then start filling it with either some odds and ends from your house or swing by Target the dollar bin has been off the chain lately or everyone loves candles from Bath and Body Works am I right?  You can make a lovely basket for a fraction of running to Harry and David’s and buying one of their overly priced baskets with half the stuff people don’t eat or know what to do with.  Full instructions on how to make this basket here.

For the work people who got you a gift but you didn’t know they were going to do that.
Swing by Target and get a pretty mug like this.

Then get one of these and these.  Break it up, add some festive Christmas candy and tie it with a pretty bow.

Or if you are in a real pinch you can go to CVS/Walgreens and get some of the Sally Hansen polishes that I’m always raving about and NYX lip butters.  Everybody loves those bad boys in all their pretty colors.

If you have a very large office and you don’t know half the names of the people in there.
Get some break and bake cookies that are BOGO.  Get these holiday gift bags.  Place 3-4 cookies in each bag, finish with a gold ribbon and hand them out to every person at work.  That way nobody is missed and who doesn’t like homemade cookies.  **Insiders tip**  Don’t break the cookies perfectly on the line.  That way they look a little more uneven and homemade.  You like that one don’t you.

When in Doubt…..Starbucks Gift Card
Ain’t nobody going to be upset when you give them that
On that note do you know that Nordstrom sends e-gift cards?  Hello best day ever that would be opening up that email.
If worst comes to worst.
Get a pretty wine bag and give the gift that everyone loves.  Just try to not regift the sketchy bottle that someone else gave you…..that wasn’t nice the first time around and most definitely won’t be the second time either.

Finally……I mean there is always Target right?

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday!  I have a feeling blog world is going to be a ghost town the rest of the week so I wanted to say have a happy holiday if you are celebrating already or soon to be this week.  I wish everyone safety, health, happiness and maybe a few of those pretty shiny things we all have been lusting over!  xoxoxo
p.s Friday Favorites will run this week if anyone wants to link up all their amazing digs from the holidays or their scores afterwards ;-)

1. December 23, 2014 / 6:20 AM

Awesome ideas! Gift baskets are totally my jam and I make a few each year. Love them for baby shower gifts too.
    Merry Christmas Amanda!

2. December 23, 2014 / 11:18 AM

I actually got the lip sugar set for my boss and she loved it – such a great little gift!!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and have fun celebrating with your family love!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

3. December 23, 2014 / 11:46 AM

You hit these all on the head, lady. I’ll grab a cute mug and coffee or cocoa, or some nail polish colors plus a file for a hostess gift. Not just a regular bottle of wine, but something a lil bit more this time of year!

Have a great Tuesday, awesome lady!

4. December 23, 2014 / 12:13 PM

Target is the best for last minute gifts, or the last little part to a gift. Great ideas here, girl! :)

5. December 23, 2014 / 1:04 PM

Fabulous ideas! I always tell people to never go into Michaels or BB&B without one of their bazillion coupons it’s like losing money if you don’t. I may need to do one of those great gift baskets :)

6. December 23, 2014 / 1:04 PM

i’m a diy dork who always has bath bombs or bath salts or something ready to go, but Starbucks is always my back up idea. it’s a gift card that always gets used! love these!

7. December 23, 2014 / 1:35 PM

Target is THE best place for last minute gifts! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve broken up gift sets and shoved pieces into cute glasses or mugs to create a few gifts in a pinch!

8. December 23, 2014 / 1:54 PM

Forget co-workers, I want the Target mug! LOL…also, I was at Michael’s last week and almost all their holiday stuff was already 60% off, so def afree on snagging a basket there! Good list!

9. December 23, 2014 / 1:54 PM

Chris got me a monogrammed mug for Christmas and I love it. :-) Gift cards are good for work people, so is a bottle of wine. I saw that Sugar lip box at Sephora and wanted to buy it along with all of the other gift boxes. For myself haha. Merry Christmas to you lady!! :-)

10. December 23, 2014 / 2:02 PM

The basket idea is so cute! And wow I’m such a slacker this year I didn’t get anyone in my office a damn thing except my secret santa. love the break & bake cookie idea though too.

11. December 23, 2014 / 2:05 PM

I am cracking up at the break and bake cookies tip to not tear them right at the line – that is the most genius thing I’ve ever heard. Ha! These all are fantastic ideas, and you simply cannot go wrong with Target!

12. December 23, 2014 / 2:12 PM

I so love Michael’s. Making a basket is a great idea. Happy Holidays!! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family!!

13. December 23, 2014 / 2:20 PM

Haha love the cookie tip! And these are all great ideas… isn’t the worst when someone gifts you something and you’re not prepared?? And Starbucks is tried and true for sure. Merry Christmas eve eve!! xo

14. December 23, 2014 / 2:31 PM

Love these ideas. I love that polka dot planner from target! I might grab one for my sister. I want to try those sugar lip balms and the butter gloss too!

15. December 23, 2014 / 2:52 PM

these are brilliant! I still need something for my sisters so I love this!

16. December 23, 2014 / 2:55 PM

I love that mug, and you can’t go wrong with a Starbucks gift card for sure. Perfect little list girl. Merry Christmas!

17. December 23, 2014 / 3:06 PM

These are great ideas- every year, I buy a few beauty gift sets, like the L’Occitane hand creme or a set of lip glosses, and break them up for co-workers, neighbors, etc.

Happy Tuesday and Merry Christmas, doll!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

18. December 23, 2014 / 3:58 PM

Love the last minute ideas – great minds think alike! ;) SUCH a good idea to buy the Sephora gift sets and break them up, I’m doing that for my friends next year! Have a very merry Christmas girl!

19. December 23, 2014 / 5:14 PM

So many good ideas- I need to stock up on all of these things to have on hand for when you need a gift for someone at the last minute– for any holiday!

20. December 23, 2014 / 5:22 PM

All great ideas! Starbucks card is my go-to last minute gift haha. I also love World Market- they have pretty much everything you could need!

21. December 23, 2014 / 7:25 PM

Hahaha, omg I love your tip about the break and bake cookies, brilliant! :) I would be happy with anything from Target, and gift cards are never a bad thing! Great ideas!

22. December 23, 2014 / 7:37 PM

I love your list! These are some of my favorite go-to’s for the last minute gifts or those you don’t know well. And I totally have that gold dot planner! I picked that up last week :) $799? Yes, please!

23. December 23, 2014 / 7:37 PM

Such great ideas! Starbucks and Target are my go-to for gift cards. I’ve already received three of those this year and I can assure you I’m not complaining!
    xo Southern Style

24. December 23, 2014 / 8:27 PM

It is pretty difficult when you are already at the event and find out someone got you something but you don’t normally exchange. Doh!

I have been seeing a lot of really cute wine bags lately. One I really like is leather with a handle so it’s even manly to carry :)

25. December 23, 2014 / 9:42 PM

Totally gave all my office “gifts” (baggies with brownies) last week so no surprise nice gifts this year where I had nothing to give back haha. THAT was awkward. Love the ideas!

26. December 23, 2014 / 9:43 PM

great last minute gifts ideas!!! Those wine bags are cute … and I would say gift cards are always a great last minute idea as well!

27. December 24, 2014 / 12:04 AM

These are all great ideas! I did gift baskets for the grandparents this year and your right worse comes to worse Target always has your back!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

28. December 24, 2014 / 2:54 AM

I loved the gift basket idea post you did a while ago and planned to put together some random goodies & wine from Trader Joe’s for my MIL and then she started a weight watcher’s program so that went to shit!! Will plan better next year!! lol Love your gift ideas!

29. December 24, 2014 / 1:22 PM

Ha heading out now, yes Christmas eve, with this list in my hand! Thanks so much and Merry Merry Ho Ho Ho!!

30. December 24, 2014 / 3:29 PM

Drinking out of that mug as we speak hehe. I love this post! It’s tres helpful :) Merry Christmas girl! I’ll try to stop by Friday for at least a couple favs :) xoxox

Cheshirekatblog.com

31. December 24, 2014 / 4:32 PM

I’m one of those last minute shoppers this year….eek! I’m been consumed with all things house and now its xmas eve and I still have to get a few gifts so thank you for this great list! Merry Christmas!

32. December 24, 2014 / 5:19 PM

Such a great list of last minute, REALISTIC gifts! I love the idea of giving wine in that cute little canvas holder and the Michaels’ gift basket is so easy and such a great gift! xx Kat

Love and Ace

33. December 24, 2014 / 10:29 PM

I love this – the gifts are thoughtful and creative (and totally don’t even show that they’re last minute!). This is totally something that could be picked up on a lunch break (I wish I had one today – a coworker surprised me with a bottle of wine and I had NOTHING for him, ah!). Seriously, I’m bookmarking this because Lord knows that I’ll be a mess again next year! :)

34. December 28, 2014 / 9:06 PM

seriously i got that EXACT sally hansen the other day and i freaking LOVE it!