Friday Favorites – Back to Reality

Happy Friday my loves.  This week flew by for me because I was definitely on the go catching up from being gone.  I am 100% looking forward to this weekend to regroup and get all the Greece recaps together for you.  Since so many of you have expressed interest in possibly traveling there, I was thinking about sectioning it out into each island and giving you lots of ideas and tips for things to do and not do.  Sound good?  I’m open to all feedback.  Let’s get right into these favorites!

Make your soul happy

Favorite Song

I had sworn off every song having to do with Nicki Minaj after her Anaconda video and its sheer abomination towards being a female in general.  However, this song just reminds me of pre gaming with your girlfriends and then heading out….singing this song with the windows open and warm Summer breezes rolling in.  Not too specific or anything right?  Also…..I didn’t know that wearing a legit satin push up bra from VS is totally cool as a top now?….Nicki Minaj “The Night is Still Young“.

Favorite Recipe

True story.  I got a very large jar of almond butter from Costco and someone didn’t think I would have a use for it.  So naturally I needed to find a recipe that called for it.  Almond Butter Soba Noodles with Garlic Shrimp full recipe here.

almond butter soba noodles

Favorite Workout

Workouts you can do at home.  I don’t know about in a bikini or anything but it will help you get ready to get into one.

at home yoga workouts

Favorite Purchase

Everything in this post.  Have you checked it yet?

Target picks

Favorite Funnies

Pretty much the routine in my household on a daily basis.

give me a hug
When they flip the lights and try to serve you food during an overnight flight

not how I wanted to wake up
Sitting outside by the pool with my sweet new Summer hat

sun hats
Finally, how I feel every single time I go to Costco.

slow cart pushers

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!  What are you up to?  Tell me your plans!  xoxoxoxo

Follow me on Bloglovin ||  Follow my looks along on Instagram || Get my latest blog posts daily to your email here || Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook || Check my latest tweet here

1. May 29, 2015 / 5:43 AM

OMG that recipe looks delicious!! Can’t wait to hear about Greece! I’d love to go back and spend some time, so any tips are helpful :)

2. May 29, 2015 / 6:08 AM

Your funnies crack me up EVERY time!! :) That workout looks good too, I may just have to try it out!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

3. May 29, 2015 / 6:14 AM

That last one was me yesterday on the commute to work and home from work!!! It has been brutal lately! Happy Friday!

4. May 29, 2015 / 6:16 AM

Umm yes break it out by island! Not like I’ll probably ever make it out there however I will live vicariously… lol! And oh Nicki… her songs are so catchy but I completely agree with you on the Anaconda video. And your funnies are awesome, as always! Have a great weekend love!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

5. May 29, 2015 / 6:34 AM

You mean you don’t workout in your bikini? Haha, glad you found a recipe so you could prove someone wrong ;) I was driving home from work yesterday trying to remember if I needed to add anything else to my Friday Favorites post and I just kept thinking that I needed to get on your level {laughable} with the funnies. Obviously didn’t happen :( Happy weekend! Can’t wait to read your Greece posts.

6. May 29, 2015 / 6:43 AM

Yes to the soba noodles! Yum! Love that quote you started off with too. Can’t wait for your Greece recap–I think the way you’re talking about doing it sounds great! Also, loooooove the funnies–I feel the SAME way at Costco—so annoying sometimes!!!! haha
    Hope you have a great weekend–and that you’re stocked up on canola oil hahahahahah ;)

7. May 29, 2015 / 6:49 AM

I always laugh when I see the workouts that people do at home in shape magazine or something and they are wearing something I would never wear to workout lol!!! That recipe looks insane and the more greek recaps you do the better : ) Happy Weekend! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

8. May 29, 2015 / 7:00 AM

I can’t wait to read about your Greece recap!!! And omg I HATE it when they flip on the lights when you’ve been sleeping….and Costco? Every.Single.Time! I hate going there because of the people haha. I hope you have a great weekend girl!!

9. May 29, 2015 / 7:05 AM

I seriously can’t believe you don’t like Nicki and her Anaconda song!

10. May 29, 2015 / 7:10 AM

I’m excited to read all about your trip! That almond butter shrimp looks great, who knew? Hope your weekend is great! I’m heading home to celebrate my grandmommys 90th birthday. Yay!

11. May 29, 2015 / 7:47 AM

OMG YES to that last graphic being what it’s like at Costco. It drives me bonkers.

I love that Nicki Minaj song too! It definitely makes me think of college. Happy Friday!

12. May 29, 2015 / 8:00 AM

Oh how I hate when they just flip on the lights and start food service on a long international flight, some of us are trying to sleep! And love workouts you can do at home, that’s actually where I do the majority of my fitness routine. No gym for me!

Happy Friday gurlie hope you have a fabulous relaxing catch-up weekend <3

13. May 29, 2015 / 8:23 AM

they were just playing the nikki song on the today show. love it!

14. May 29, 2015 / 8:25 AM

lol over here dying over your funnies this week. that cat. hello yes miss sassy cat. and i love that nicki minaj song too i won’t deny it! that recipe looks delish too. have a great weekend love! can’t wait for recaps!! xo

15. May 29, 2015 / 8:54 AM

The recipe looks great! I think my kids would eat it too so that is a bonus! The funnies crack me up. I have beach hat issues as well.
    Have a great weekend!
    Traci
    waltzmetoheaven.com

16. Sarah
    May 29, 2015 / 9:15 AM

Hi Amanda-

Happy Friday! I’m a first time visitor to your blog + I’m so happy I stumbled across it! :)

Sarah

17. May 29, 2015 / 9:40 AM

SOBA NOODLES – get in my belly.

ANd everytime I go grocery shopping I get behind THAT person….. never fails. And I have this *silent* tantrum.

Kitty Sunning itself – TOO CUTE!

18. May 29, 2015 / 9:47 AM

Yes, Yes to the Greece recap!! No major plans around here, hoping to take it easy before life gets insane over the next few months.

Love your funnies, as always ;)

xo, Jen

19. Jessica
    May 29, 2015 / 9:49 AM

That workout looks hard but probably does exactly what it promises! I love all of the target finds, I was just there yesterday and got the cutest beach bag! Thanks for hosting the link up! :)

20. May 29, 2015 / 9:56 AM

Your descriptions in gif’s are so spot on. Makes me Friday, ever week :)

21. May 29, 2015 / 10:11 AM

That workout looks like what they made us do in yoga last night. I am legit sore and feeling it this morning – all good though! Hope you have a great weekend!

22. Darcy
    May 29, 2015 / 10:59 AM

I normally don’t like Nikki Minaj but I am definitely going to check out that song! I don’t think I have ever heard it before!

23. May 29, 2015 / 11:10 AM

Super cute target picks! Splitting up the posts is a great idea so you can be more detailed about each place. I’m hoping to make it there for summer 2016 so it will be super helpful!

24. May 29, 2015 / 11:47 AM

LOL at those amazing gifs and working out in a bikini!!! That song is really good too. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip so that I can then tell Chris to take me there. I’m sure that he will love that haha. And almond butter can be used the same way that you use peanut butter. That recipe sounds good too. Have fabulous weekend my friend!! :-)

25. May 29, 2015 / 11:55 AM

That recipe looks delicious – Carson and I will have to try it this coming week. Hope you have a great weekend!

26. May 29, 2015 / 12:25 PM

That recipe looks pretty amazing – I’ll have to check that one out! Your Target finds were on point this week, and I’m cracking up at the Monster’s Inc. gif about Costco – it’s so true! Have a great weekend, lady. xo

27. May 29, 2015 / 12:55 PM

Welcome back!! Also UHbsessed with that NM song! Total summer jam!

28. May 29, 2015 / 1:49 PM

UGH why do they just turn the lights on?! I NEVER fall asleep on flights but when I do, it’s right before they do that. how did I miss that Target post? I want IT ALL.

29. May 29, 2015 / 2:23 PM

That fist picture is gorgeous, I’m such a super for fresh flowers. Also love gHg you found a recipe to use up the butter lol. I love proving my husband wrong too – best feeling! And it sounds delicious! Happy weekend girl xoxo

30. May 29, 2015 / 2:54 PM

Amanda! Good look on that recipe! I have to say that one of my favorite things about this link up is seeing your recipes! I have made quite a few of them and I think we have a similar palate. I am definitely going to make this one soon! Have a great weekend and thanks for sharing! xo

31. May 29, 2015 / 2:54 PM

That Sully gif is awesome. Costco, Publix, any mall, any sidewalk, any road…

32. May 30, 2015 / 9:45 PM

Ohhh the Nicole and Paris clip has sooo many possible uses and applications…. But yes it’s absolutely miserable when the lights go up and the cheery flight attendants toss dinner at you and you’re trying to get your sleep on. I cannot wait for your recaps, but I’m glad you’re back lady!

xoxo,
    Meghan
    Southern Belle Secrets

33. June 12, 2015 / 12:15 AM

I love this song!! And those workouts look intense but I love it!