Trending Looks – Metallic Midi Skirts

It has been a hot minute since I have shared a fashion post with you here.  Honestly, I have been sharing so much on Instagram sometimes I forget to update it on here as well!  I wanted to share with you one of the hottest trends that are taking over right now.  Metallic midi skirts are popping up everywhere and at all price points.  They aren’t just for holiday wear, they can be styled for any occasion and I’ll show you how!

Metallic midi skirts

This is how you can make them more casual.  Tuck in your favorite comfy t-shirt (I’m wearing my tried and true favorite from Joie here).  You can throw a denim jacket over the top of it as well.  This exact skirt one is sold out but here is a very similar one.

Metallic midi skirtsMetallic midi skirts

If you want to glam it up for a holiday party or say New Years, I added this lace body suit (in love with this one as well) and this fabulous sequined bomber jacket.  This is the exact skirt, I sized up and went with a medium and it fits great.  It is lined and under $25.

metallic skirt and sequined bombersequined bomber and metallic skirtsequined-bomber

Exact metallic skirt find here ||| Bomber jacket c/o BB Dakota find here ||| Black boots Jeffrey Campbell Valinor booties sold out similar here  ||| Lace bodysuit sold out similar here

Even though this one isn’t exactly metallic, I love the bright satin pleats of this one.  I paired it with this insanely comfy cashmere butterfly sweater from Joie.  If you are looking for a budget friendly option (under $10!) check this out.

asos-pink-satin-skirtpink-satin-skirt

Butterfly Joie Sweater the Eloisa find here |||   Pink pleated ASOS skirt find here |||  Purple sunnies c/o DIFF Eyewear find here  ||| The BEST Valentino rockstar dupes real leather find here

Wear these skirts out to dinner, date nights, or glam them up for holiday events.  Make them Winter friendly by adding tights to them. They are completely low maintenance as well so they are great to travel with.  I plan on adding one to my strict collection for carry on only travel clothes.  I have rounded up quite a few of them and they are all under $60!

What do you think?  Are you totally on board with the metallic midi skirts?  Do you have one but didn’t know how to style them or think they were too dressy?  Make sure you are following me on Instagram for a preview of all of these looks before they go live on the blog.  You will have first dibs on all sale alerts as well!

Want first dibs on shopping and sales? Sign up here on Liketoknowit for direct links sent to you
Want my daily posts sent to your email inbox?!?!  Then click here and make it happen
Follow my looks along on Instagram
Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook

1. December 12, 2016 / 6:38 AM

I saw a metallic one I loved from ZARA on Saturday and I’m thinking of picking it up for the NYE!! Love the look!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

2. December 12, 2016 / 10:17 AM

I can’t pull these off but you sure can!!

3. Kristina
    December 12, 2016 / 10:19 AM

I just got a silver/grey one from ASOS! And my favorite would have to be the pink one… it’s SO gorgeous!

xo, Kristina
    Medicine & Manicures

4. December 12, 2016 / 1:07 PM

So cute!! Would be perf for NYE!

5. December 12, 2016 / 1:20 PM

Such an understated glam look – love! The last one is my favorite – the burgundy color is just too pretty.

6. December 12, 2016 / 2:03 PM

Oh my gosh, who knew the endless styling possibilities of these metallic skirts?? I sure didn’t – I love the skirt and would really not know where to begin styling, but you NAILED IT.

7. December 12, 2016 / 8:32 PM

You pulled off those midi skirts like a rockstar! I love the metallic colors but the last one is my absolute fave. Such gorgeous color!

8. December 13, 2016 / 1:07 PM

Full disclosure: I’m generally NOT a midi skirt fan (you gotta be at least 5’8 to pull it off, ya know?!) but I think I’ve commented on all your IG pics about how much I loooooooove these skirts! All of them. So so so pretty!

9. December 13, 2016 / 1:25 PM

These are gorgeous. I have such a hard time with midi length skirts… I feel like I need them to be hi-low to look as good as I want them to. I love the metallics though!! Perfect for holiday adventures!

10. December 13, 2016 / 2:53 PM

Those skirts are absolutely FANTASTIC!

11. December 13, 2016 / 3:35 PM

I love this look! They had one at the Napa Target when I was shopping and I wish I would have grabbed it but I was not in that mode, I could kick my self now that I had a clearer head! Scared it may look weird on my short legs for my height. What size are you in the F21 bodysuits? Although I am sure I will have to size up ;)

12. December 14, 2016 / 9:35 AM

You are the queen of pleated skirts! Seriously. Loving the swaps in shoe options too. I’m pretty sure I can’t pull off the midi skirt look. lol I’m really short legged and it’s a struggle to find dresses that don’t look awkward. (;

13. December 15, 2016 / 9:51 AM

I am LOVING this trend and kind of hope it stays forever? You look amazing btw!