Friday Favorites – April Cruising

Happy Friday my loves.  I’m dragging today, we were at the Lighting Hockey game late last night and they won in the last 90 seconds.  Such a great game!  I love that we got season tickets this year, we split them with a few other couples.  I give Mark props for that one.  I am so ready for this week to be over.  I keep on thinking the next week at work is going to be better and it just gets more and more busy.  What is everyone up to this weekend?  The weather has been insanely gorgeous in Florida lately, I’m hoping to maybe get some beach time in!  Let’s get right into these favorites.

Boyfriend Shorts, Rag & Bone

Favorite Song.  I think it’s only fitting to pick this one.  Mark and I were dancing around to this when I found it.  One of my favorites from Prince.

The best cauliflower “fried rice” recipe I’ve found yet.  Check it here.

I didn’t realize there were so many lunge variations but apparently there are 32 and they are look killer.

The best tutorial about how to photograph layflat shots and printables.

Favorite purchase.  These tasseled sandals.  Did you check this post?  I linked under $30 options as well!

tassel sandals

Funnies

When Mark tells me he will stop by and pick up groceries after work

tumblr_inline_o607cjth1H1r79k32_500

When someone tells me about how they get to go out to eat for lunch during their work  day

tumblr_inline_o6079cWU6q1r79k32_500

That always awkward first introduction, do you shake hands, hug, kiss the side of the cheek……

tumblr_inline_o5zxitQ0yV1r79k32_500

Every morning when the alarm goes off

tumblr_inline_o5utujXyqm1ro2d43_500

Stopping by the mall after Happy Hour with your girlfriends

tumblr_inline_o5h4e1z4No1ro2d43_500

Your turn linkup and tell me your favorites for the week!  I hope you have a fab weekend and make sure you follow me on snapchat to keep up with all my weekend happenings!  xoxoxo

Follow my looks along on Instagram || Get my latest blog posts daily to your email here
Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook || Check my latest tweet here

1. April 22, 2016 / 12:23 AM

Being in Minneapolis when Prince died is kind of a weird experience. I also listened to his music all day. Hoping 2016 stops taking our icons!

2. April 22, 2016 / 4:46 AM

The tassel shoes are so cute. I’m feeling like rolling up in a rug today. Is it the weekend yet?! TGIF

3. April 22, 2016 / 6:17 AM

YAY for the Lightning winning in the last 90 seconds. I didn’t even realize hockey was still going on! And I feel you about needing this week to be over! Hooray weekend! Happy Friday! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

4. April 22, 2016 / 6:39 AM

Oh my gosh I was stunned with the news yesterday – much like everyone else!! I did about 10 of those variation of lunges this week with a killer class and it was awesome!! Hope you have a great weekend!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

5. April 22, 2016 / 7:20 AM

Seriously – as I pulled up your blog, the radio I’m listening to started playing Little Red Corvette … all the feelz.
    I’m so sad about this one. So many of his songs brought me through teenage angst. Sigh.
    Have a great weekend.

6. April 22, 2016 / 7:26 AM

I am so sad about Prince…grew up listening to him. Have a great weekend ;)
    charity
    lifeafterbaseball.net

7. April 22, 2016 / 7:45 AM

Hahahaha the grocery store gif. SO true. Even time Brian says that I prepare for an assortment of the most random things ever to be brought home.

8. April 22, 2016 / 7:53 AM

So unbelievably sad about Prince. I am still in such shock over it. I feel like it has been such a crazy week, and I can totally relate to the funny lunch gif! Have a great weekend!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

9. April 22, 2016 / 7:54 AM

I did some different lunges in my lower body workout the other day and am always shocked to see even more ways to do them. Who thinks of all these ways? lol. I can get on board with many subs for foods I like, but cauliflower anything is not for me lol. I have tried to like cauliflower rice but it still tastes like cauliflower. The one vegetable I hate more than anything haha. Hope you have a great weekend!

10. April 22, 2016 / 7:55 AM

Your funnies are always so on point and I love them! So glad you guys had fun at the game last night (sorry for interrupting with the travel texts haha). I’ve seen the cauliflower fried rice but haven’t made it yet!

11. April 22, 2016 / 8:20 AM

I always love these posts, Amanda! Oh that awkward first meeting hand shake gif has got me LOL’ing over here. Soooooo many awkward moments.

12. April 22, 2016 / 8:39 AM

Standard lunges are so hard– but such a good workout, going to check out that post! And I can’t get over how much I love those shoes! Happy Friday :)

13. April 22, 2016 / 8:41 AM

Those gifs.. hahah. What is going on with that handshake?! Love JT and that grocery store one is so true. Chris does a pretty good job though I will say. Mostly because he is super healthy. I just always hope that he remembers to get what I ask for. ;-) LOVE those sandals so much too. I hope that you have a fab weekend and that you enjoy that beautiful weather!! :-)

14. April 22, 2016 / 8:58 AM

omg prince! i can’t even comprehend it. such a legend.
    i need to check out that cauliflower fried rice–i’ve had some fails, so this one will be my next to try!!
    i haven’t been to a hockey game in years!! how fun! i need to get the crew together and go!
    havea great weekend, amanda!

15. April 22, 2016 / 9:14 AM

One of my favorite songs…it brings back so many memories to when my husband and I were first dating. I had never heard it and I remember him loving it SO much. So sad.
    Need to check out these sandals and the idea of splitting season tickets with other couples is genius…I’ll have to mention it to my husband now that college football season tickets will go on sale soon.
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

16. April 22, 2016 / 9:18 AM

Great idea to split season tickets, I’m going to think about that for next season! Oh and YES to the gif about the awkward introduction. This is me so often, esp since my extended middle eastern family does 3 cheek kisses!

17. April 22, 2016 / 9:25 AM

“make good choices” hahaha yesss!! And I can totally quote pretty much of all beetlejuice…no joke! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! xo

18. April 22, 2016 / 9:32 AM

Mmmmm, cauliflower fried rice—my favorite!

Freddie mentioned wanting to split season tickets with other couples for the Astros here. Sounds like such a good idea! Hopefully…;)

Oh my lunge, my legs hurt just looking through those.

19. April 22, 2016 / 9:47 AM

So sad about Prince – I love that song. And loving those sandals!

Zelle
    Southern Style

20. April 22, 2016 / 10:03 AM

every single gif this week tho….omfg haha you slayed. have a great weekend love!

21. April 22, 2016 / 10:20 AM

Love your outfit on the yellow background!!! My jean shorts were just unearthed from the depths of my closet for the season ;) Every one of your funnies were so good … “make good choices” is something we say a lot around here, haha. Have a great weekend!!

22. April 22, 2016 / 11:35 AM

You now have this song stuck in my head! Hope you get some beach time! I love the make good choices. It is so hard to do sometimes. Hope the day gets less draggier. Have a great weekend!

23. April 22, 2016 / 11:52 AM

I need that yellow wall in my life. :P Is that silly? Love it! Also, every time I see those sandals I come closer to purchasing them. Haha

24. April 22, 2016 / 1:32 PM

Those tassel sandals are the cutest! I need them!

25. April 22, 2016 / 1:47 PM

I’m loving this recurring photo of you with the bright yellow background!! Your gifs always kill me. The handshake/awkward hug thing is what I always wonder about when meeting bloggers, but luckily they (and you!) have been far from odd in person lol. Happy weekend, gorgeous!!

26. April 22, 2016 / 3:39 PM

When I found out about Prince, all I could think about were some of my favorite songs from him too! I think that I’ll love Kiss forever! The hockey game sounded like so much fun, but it’s always so tough to go to work after being up late the night before! Hopefully today goes quickly so you can get to the weekend fun!

27. April 22, 2016 / 5:08 PM

that is like 31 lunge variations too many, haha! have a good weekend girl :)

28. April 23, 2016 / 1:14 AM

I feel exactly the same way about this week. Actually the last few weeks have ended with me feeling “over it”. So here it is Friday night and I’m being a grandma finally catching up on reading all my favorite blogs. :) Enjoy your weekend!

29. April 23, 2016 / 9:53 PM

I LOVE those sandals and this weather is beyond insane! I don’t ever want to leave!

30. April 24, 2016 / 1:51 PM

OMG the akward handshake/hug/kiss thing! It always happens when I’m introduced to Kirk’s clients! He talks about me so they all act as though they know me and I’m like WHOA BRO, WE’RE GOING IN FOR THE KISS YOU JUST MET ME NO.

31. April 24, 2016 / 6:57 PM

Dying at the going out for lunch during your work break – for the 3.5 years I was in an office, I never once got to leave! Love that you guys are such big hockey fans, too – we love our Chicago Blackhawks!

32. Julie Joy
    April 24, 2016 / 8:36 PM

32 lunge variations?? Who knew! Definitely saving that pin! Love those fringe sandals! I’m so sick of this MI weather I think I need a vacation to FL until further notice!

33. April 25, 2016 / 9:26 AM

Hopefully you had a nice weekend to recover from feeling drained! Loving the make good choices gif. lol. We always joke to each other and to Penelope about that movie and quote the “make good choices” line. (: