You Know How We Do- It’s Another Ridiculously Easy Recipe Time

There is no secret over here I am not a great baker.  I freeze break and bake cookies….try not to break them exactly on the line so they don’t come out perfectly round and try to pawn them off as homemade.  There I said it.  So I enlisted my best friend (and Bridesmaid Kelly) who is super talented to come over and help me whip up the easiest recipe for you.  It is a recipe she made growing up and she graciously shared it with us.

You read that right….it is very easy.  Like she was there to supervise but I made it and didn’t mess it up.  No burning and it has seriously 6 ingredients (3 of which I didn’t have she was like “Amanda honestly you don’t have sugar or one egg at all?”)…guilty.

I brought them into work and they were gone in 15 minutes.  The next potluck you have.  Bring them. You will be the talk of the office.

Without further ado.

These are some essentials parts of this recipe and to any kinds of cooking in my tiny condo.

First try to remember to leave your cream cheese out to soften.  Do not use fat free.  It doesn’t work.

Second get out your essentials.

Gather your supplies.  You will need a large mixing bowl, a 9 x 13 pan, measuring cup, tsp and mixer. In my case it is like a true scavenger hunt to find where I have crammed these above related.

Find your hand mixer.  Pray it works.  I mean seriously look at that price sticker.  Was this purchased in 1985? Check that price we were bargaining shopping even in the 80’s (Mark wonders why we need a registry).

Remember to empty out the storage from your oven (I have no pantry…you read that right).

This is where I ditch the DSLR for my iPhone….it’s hard to balance a glass of wine and that heavy camera am I right?

Take your pan (no need to grease that crescent roll has plenty of butter) and drop the roll in the middle.  Then unfold it out straight and with your fingers press it down into the pan.

In your mixing bowl take your softened cream cheese (yes both packages) and drop them in.  Dump one cup of sugar in.  I know one cup but it serves a lot…it will get distributed.

Using your hand mixer (yes it worked!) Go to town with this.

Then add your vanilla and egg yolk.  Try not to fail at life like this video.  We saw it on youtube it didn’t look that hard.  I majorly failed.  I think my water bottle was too flimsy.  Has anyone else been successful with it?

Mix this bad boy up.  Seriously how good does that look?
Spread mixture over the crescent roll.  I’m not going to lie and tell you I didn’t lick the beaters….and bowl ( I know I dressed up for y’all….yikes).

Put second package of crescent rolls over the cream cheese mixture.
Bake for 25 mins at 350 degrees.
While baking enjoy some adult libations and snack choices.
When done take out and immediately place in refrigerator.  You may want to clear space ahead of time.  This wasn’t a problem for me….I moved some wine over.
Leave in the fridge until cooled (let’s say 1-2 hours).  Plenty of time to finish that bottle of red.
Mix some powdered sugar with milk until you get a thick consistency and then drizzle over the top.
Pop some tinfoil over it and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Kelly gave me some great advice.  Cut it into pieces at home.  You don’t want somebody from your office going after your baking pan with that one big kitchen communal knife.  Thanks Kelly you are always thinking.
Relish in the fact you brought in dessert.  It is so good. It is not too sweet and it tastes even better with some coffee around 9am….and around 3pm for a snack.
I told you it was pretty easy!  Do you have a similar recipe? What is your go to quick recipe?  Hope you try it and let me know your thoughts!  xoxoxo
Bloglovin Twitter Instagram

Share:

45 responses to “You Know How We Do- It’s Another Ridiculously Easy Recipe Time”

1. That looks so delicious! I will definitely be trying this recipe. :)

2. Becky M says:

This looks delicious, and I love easy!! And of course wine with cooking – it makes it all way better :)

agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

3. Kiki says:

This sounds delicious! I am a big fan of simple recipes.

4. Gina says:

ha ha ha! I love that I can count on you to make me smile and laugh. Excellent blogger quality by the way. I love your recipe posts even though I don’t eat meat or sugar, they still keep me totally engaged:) I wish we lived closer…I think we’d be fast friends:)
    Where did you get that cheese plate? I love it and I need one.
    XO, Gina

5. YUM! How amazing does this sound? I definitely think I’m going to have to try this soon. It sounds so easy and ridiculously good! Loving the wine “essentials” :)

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

6. Rachel says:

That looks so good! I love any dessert that has cream cheese as one of the ingredients!

7. Tracey says:

That looks freaking delish…and once anything has cream cheese in it, I’m all over it.

8. Joey says:

HOLY FREAKING COW I’m going to have to make this this weekend. Also? Can I come over the next time you do baking? It looks like you girls had so much fun–I’m jealous! I can’t lie and say that I don’t love it that you use your oven for storage like Carrie Bradshaw!

9. Yum!! These look delicious and super easy to make! :)) And I love that your baking process includes a bottle of red and some brie! ;)

10. Omg these look amazing!! I love anything with cream cheese and crescent rolls and of course sugar so I may have to try these!! They look so yummy!!!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

11. These bars have been a hit for years! They are always requested for parties and gatherings and as demonstrated- super easy! (minus the egg talent show) lol
    This was so much fun! Doesn’t get much better than that…friends, baking, wine, and cheese. <3
    btw…the goat brie cheese was Ahhmazing!

12. Savanna says:

This sounds great and I love a good easy recipe! You were cracking me up… A good laugh, wine and a recipe…

13. Aaaand now I’m hungry!

14. These definitely look good but I won’t eat crescent rolls because they make me feel sick :( Can I have just a little piece?

15. Stephanie says:

I need one right now with my coffee!!

16. The sounds delicious and i love the icing on the top. Nice touch!

17. YUM!! Get in my friggin mouth RIGHT NOW!! ;-) Your lack of storage made me giggle…reminds me of Sex and the City, when she would use it to store extra handbags, shoes, whatevs!
    XO – Samantha

18. Easy peasy.

LOLOL @ your oven storage. My grandmom did that when she moved into her apartment where they had breakfast, lunch, and dinner out.

19. Nichole C says:

Ugh, yea…so I take those break and bake cookies and roll them into balls to bake so they look homemade, so I am right there with ya! I love to cook, but baking is just NOT my thing. Though this recipe looks easy AND delish!

20. Angi Solle says:

I always want to skip these kinds of posts, because I know I will want to run right out and make them, but I ventured to do it anyway…now I’m hungry! This looks amazing and seems pretty easy!

21. I am so making that. Give me ALL of the foods containing cream cheese. All day, errrday.

22. you had me at cream cheese!

23. Oh my this looks delicious! You had me at cream cheese. Mmm. Now, girl…you are cracking me up with your oven storage!

24. hahah i store stuff in our oven too! it drives my husband crazy
    these look SOOO good! id have to have someone around to make sure i didnt eat the whole pan! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

25. I didn’t drink while I was baking last time. Maybe that’s what I did wrong! Love the emphasis on wine. I’m even more down if wine + dessert counted as dinner. Sugar and booze is always a well rounded meal :) Your oven reminds me of Sex and the City when Carrie stores her shoes in hers, haha.

26. Jordan says:

This looks like something I can handle! Anything with cream cheese is great. I will have to try this soon!!!

27. Ooh yum and I like how it’s not supposed to be too sweet. Cooking and wine go together hands-down. But then there was that time I went home for lunch from work and totally started drinking a glass of vino out of habit. Oops.

28. brooke lyn says:

wait so you don’t put the wine in the bars?! ;)

29. i love cream cheese. i could eat an entire block in one sitting probably, which is totally disgusting i know! this looks so good!

30. You had me sold with the easy in the title. And then cream cheese? No turning back… :)

31. JumpingJE says:

I adore the oven storage system – the things you learn about bloggers :):) Also, hooray for almond milk!

32. Mmm. I love cream cheese so much.

33. I had to skip over the recipe part – I’m too much of a sweets addict to be reading this! Looks so so yummy!

34. Holy. Shit. HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I want these right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. Carly says:

I’m sooo impressed! Also, I literally laughed out loud about the breaking the bake and break cookies unevenly! hahaha And our oven is full of pans as well! So annoying but you gotta work with what you have :)

36. Darcy says:

1. I cannot believe you don’t have a pantry!! That’s crazy!
    2. This looks delicious, you haven’t lead me in the wrong direction yet so I may have to try it out.
    3. I have made overnight oats now 3 times this week… SO YUMMY! I feel so full after I eat them but it is so healthy. LOVE it!

37. Stacy G says:

These look amazing. My boys would love these! I just picked up a ton of cream cheese(great sale) so all I really need are the crescents. Love that you made the drizzle with almond milk!

38. YUM! That looks amazing. Pinning now :)

xx, jen

39. You had me at cream cheese! I seriously add it to everything! Love how you put your brie on a chalkboard! Cute idea!

40. Ohhh my gosh. Is Lent over yet? I need some cream cheese bars in my life!!!

41. These sound amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!

42. Lisa says:

I make the cheesecake all the time!!! it is my fav!!!

43. Kristen says:

ohlord this looks yummo. and i love that video – i didnt mean to laugh at your fail, but how is that even supposed to work?? lol hilarious