The Cruise To Nowhere-We Didn’t Get The Memo

First let’s start things off by telling you how excited I am for my first link up tomorrow!!!  I’ve got like the first day of school buzz excitement going on.  If you want to link up please do!  It’s the Friday Favorites link up. Basically it is a roundup of your favorites from the week, songs, workouts, recipes, pins, musings, things you’ve seen on Facebook and everyone’s favorites…..the funnies for the week. Here is last weeks post if you need some guidance.  Grab the button pop in your html code and link up with yours truly on Friday morning!

Okay now all the announcements are out of the way.  Let me tell you about another favorite story of mine.  My girlfriend (and bridesmaid yeah!) Kelly who has made some guest appearances on the blog like our first segment that I dubbed “cooking with two blondes” (amazing cream cheese bars check them) is also included in this story.

Let’s back it up.  I am not a cruise person.  Mainly because I already live in Florida and my vacations usually involve driving an hour south to my parents house which is super close to the beach and I get to relax and have my parents spoil me for however long I’m down there aka my dad washes and waxes my car every single time.  Now add my Aunt and Uncle who live .7miles away….I mean you saw how my Aunt throws a party right? Plus they live like miles away from Siesta Key Beach.  Let me just give you a quick visual.

Yes the water is that clear and the sand feels like powder.  I mean my vacation is a quarter of a tank of gas away.

Okay so when Kelly asked me if I wanted to go on a Cruise, I was a little reluctant but she said it was 3 days and super affordable so I agreed.  Here were the details.  It left out of our local port and cruised out to the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, parks (or anchors if your will) for the day and then turns around and comes back in.  Hence the name “Cruise to Nowhere”.  We got an upgraded room with a balcony it was incredible to wake up in the middle of the gulf of Mexico watching dolphins and seeing the most beautiful blue water I’ve ever seen.

The first day we grabbed our suits and headed down to the pool.  The weather was perfect and we indulged in some Pina Coladas (the only time I’ll allow myself such a crazy caloric laden drink is on vacations but dang they were good).  We are enjoying the tunes and start talking to each other “this music is great!”  It’s like the perfect blend of house music with upbeat jams and those perfect singable girl songs…oh also some 80’s thrown in.  It was perfection!

I didn’t think it was weird at all that nobody was trying to come and talk to us.  I mean I was sporting the hair on top of the head, no makeup but it doesn’t matter because I’m wearing very large sunglasses look.  Then I looked over and saw this.

(via tumblr)

(via tumblr)
Then I noticed the playlists started to turn over into a lot of this
with some of this
and a whole lot of this
(via tumblr)
You know that scene in Sex and the City where the girls go to the gay club and they dance with glow sticks and glitter falls from the ceiling???

It was like that but with no glitter.  However there was plenty of sunshine and speedos.

(via tumblr)

Now mind you there were lots of people that were not signed up for the glitter party but apparently this particular cruise was known for being “the cruise” for everyone to grab their tiny bikinis and go out and party for the weekend.

(via tumblr)

So basically it was Kelly, myself, some families and lots of speedos dancing away out in the Gulf of Mexico.

(via tumblr)

We had a blast hanging out and not getting hit on the entire weekend (notice the very wide perimeter of nobody around us??)

Singing karaoke in the lounge (old pic but remember I’m a visual learner).

(Amanda don’t yell at me it wasn’t my song choice…..don’t worry I’m not talking to myself I’m talking to this girl)

What is your go to karaoke song??? I’ll let you in on a secret with mine….okay it’s not that original but it’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart”.  Get’s the crowd going…..every….single….time.

(via tumblr)

So the moral of the whole story was…..we clearly didn’t get the memo but we had a blast anyways!  Isn’t that so random??? Have you ever had anything like this before?  Like you feel you didn’t get the full details or are late to the party on something?  Let me know!  Don’t forget to link up tomorrow!!!!

xoxoxoxo

1. April 17, 2014 / 11:54 AM

hahaha that sounds like so much fun! And ahhh I love Total Eclipse of the Heart!!

2. April 17, 2014 / 12:24 PM

LOL! Those gifs are some gems! That actually sounds like a much welcomed surprise of not being hit on the entire trip!

3. April 17, 2014 / 12:29 PM

Hilarious! My go-to karaoke song is “I Think We’re Alone Now” haha…Tiffany always makes the crowd nostalgic!

4. April 17, 2014 / 12:31 PM

That’s an awesome story!! It still sounds like a fun trip! I’m way jealous of your proximity to “paradise”! I’d never want to work a day in my life.

5. April 17, 2014 / 12:52 PM

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Omg this sounds like a blast!! I think Britney Spears or anything super 90s is always one of my go to karaoke songs!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

6. April 17, 2014 / 1:00 PM

Lol haha sounds like a blast indeed!

7. April 17, 2014 / 1:09 PM

OMG that is hilarious!!! I’ve been on a lot of cruises and none compare to that one!! I haven’t sang karaoke in a very long time, but it’s usually girls just wanna have fun!!

8. April 17, 2014 / 1:14 PM

You live a quarter tank of gas away from Siesta Keys?!?! I am beyond jealous! I love that beach! waaaaaahhhh!!1

That cruise sounds amazing! flat out amazing!

9. April 17, 2014 / 1:36 PM

Hahaha that’s so funny…. looks like you had fun anyway! I would be wondering the same thing, like am I invisible? Favorite go to karaoke song… Garth Brooks… Friends in Low Places. I can’t sing and this ensures everyone in the bar sings along!

10. April 17, 2014 / 1:37 PM

Classic karaoke song…I always blast that one in my car when it comes on so I can scream sing it by myself!

11. April 17, 2014 / 1:38 PM

HILARIOUS!! i went to a gay bar once and didn’t realise it until someone said to me ‘i’ve never been to a gay bar’ and i was like, ‘me either, weirdo’ and he laughed. der. anywho. I am terrified of ships and cruises, but I want to go on one, this one sounds perfect! the parking and turning around, not the other part! lol

12. April 17, 2014 / 1:41 PM

Hahaha oh my gosh this is awesome and totally something that would happen to me! Super jealous that you live that close to Siesta Key!

13. April 17, 2014 / 1:47 PM

A safe cruise for you! I have to admit though, some parents prob had a tough time explaining speedos!

14. April 17, 2014 / 1:56 PM

Haha this is awesome! I love the Tom Daley .gifs that definitely made me laugh! Glad you guys managed to have fun any way! Oh and I’m jealous your Aunt lives by Siesta Key, I went to Siesta key last year for Easter weekend and I’m in love!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

15. April 17, 2014 / 2:00 PM

ha!!! the very wide perimeter of no one around us… that is great.

16. April 17, 2014 / 2:06 PM

This is amazing! And a cruise to nowhere sounds like exactly the kind of cruise I need/want to go on. I just want to get on a boat–I really don’t care about all the excursions/ports/etc. I wouldn’t mind if it was just a day or two–just to say I did it! I love love love that it ended up being not at ALL what you expected! Makes for a fun story ;)

17. April 17, 2014 / 2:11 PM

This is too hilarious! I’m not going to lie, I’ve always had a secret desire to go to a gay bar with a bunch of my girlfriends. I honestly think it would be the most fun night ever, ha! Again, random. Glad you still had fun on the cruise! And, can’t wait for your linkup tomorrow. :)

18. April 17, 2014 / 2:11 PM

I love and hate cruises, lol. I’ve been on three now, and I love how cheap they are and how you don’t have to do anything but relax and party…but b/c they’re so cheap some of the other ahem, “guests” annoy me, lol. But your fun pics make me want to book another trip. Crap, haha

19. April 17, 2014 / 2:16 PM

Sounds like the perfect girls cruise to me, it’s nice to get hit on but sometimes also super annoying!

20. April 17, 2014 / 2:22 PM

LMFAO… can I just say I DIED when I read that caption? I saw what song it was and I was like “oh, Amanda! How COULD you?!” Then I read the caption… bahahahahahahaha! This is why I love you! :)

21. April 17, 2014 / 2:38 PM

I bet you came away with some awesome friends though… I think gay guys make the BEST friends :)

22. April 17, 2014 / 2:45 PM

Bahahahaha!! This sounds like my kind of cruise!! I love sexy hot gay men dancing to Diva music!!!

23. April 17, 2014 / 2:47 PM

Hahahah! So funny! seems like you had a great time, regardless. I’m going on a cruise with my bestie this summer!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

24. April 17, 2014 / 2:51 PM

priceless I tell you….absolutely priceless…what a great time!!! Good for you guys!!

25. April 17, 2014 / 3:44 PM

That sounds like the perfect cruise. It’s hilarious that you had no idea going it that it was a man love cruise.

26. April 17, 2014 / 3:46 PM

First off, EEEEKKK for living near the absolutely gorgeous beaches in FL. You really can’t get much prettier than that. Second, that is hilarious!! I was dying at my desk.

27. April 17, 2014 / 4:04 PM

hahah it sounds pretty perfect actually! xo jillian

28. April 17, 2014 / 4:06 PM

Hahahaha I love this!!!!! Even though you had no clue, it still sounds like the cruise was a good time to be had by all!

29. April 17, 2014 / 4:28 PM

OMG love this! Ummm i would have totally asked them to lift me in the air so I could get a pic. I mean might as well mess with them and make friends. ;)

30. April 17, 2014 / 4:57 PM

This made me laugh so so hard!!! When I saw the Ricky Martin pic = dying! Hilarious, but in a way it must have been so nice, like you said, to just enjoy yourselves and not get hit on.

31. April 17, 2014 / 5:14 PM

total eclipse of the heart is my JAM!

32. April 17, 2014 / 5:17 PM

I LOVE THIS. Sometimes it’s nice to not worry about getting hit on! I’ve never been to a gay bar but would probably really enjoy it. There is a wonderfully gay guy in my class and we have become fast friends. Most people handshake, we hair flip. It’s great.

33. April 17, 2014 / 5:19 PM

Hey, a three days cruise where I get to enjoy some sun, fun and not being hit on? I’ll take it!

34. April 17, 2014 / 6:19 PM

Haha this is hilarious! P.S. so jealous of how close you are to the beach! We actually went to St. Pete Beach for our honeymoon! loved it and can’t wait to go back!

35. April 17, 2014 / 8:36 PM

Oohh I love cruises and this one sounds right up my alley! I don’t ever karaoke but I was a waitress at a karaoke bar in college. That subject might need it’s own blog post.

36. April 17, 2014 / 9:06 PM

What a memorable mini vacay! lol. Lots of good laughs and fun. <3

37. April 18, 2014 / 1:17 AM

Hahahah! What a great story! I was laughing out loud at the pool part when you looked around! I had to share this one with Gavin!

38. April 18, 2014 / 1:35 AM

Haha, so much fun! My go to karaoke song is Miley’s “Party in the USA!”

39. April 18, 2014 / 3:17 AM

I’ve never taken a cruise — a 3 day one sounds fun!! ;) I love my some karaoke…I usually always go with Beyonce!

40. April 18, 2014 / 4:08 AM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

41. April 21, 2014 / 1:11 AM

OMG DYING. I think I’ll come visit you and go on this cruise looking like a total hobo. Lol!