Friday Favorites – The 5 Month Countdown

Happy Friday y’all.  Seriously this week was crazy.  Work has been beyond busy so I absolutely apologize if you haven’t seen me stalking around your blogs this week.  I promise I am catching up on my bloglovin feed this weekend!  What are you up to this weekend?  I have so many things I have to get done but my one girlfriend and bridesmaid invited me to the beach for the weekend and sometimes you just have to say……..the work will wait right?  Just go and soak up some sun and relax.  I honestly just felt like I was writing the 6 month countdown and now it’s 5!  Time needs to like pause.

Total side note…..does anyone watch Ray Donovan?  I am getting palpitations just thinking about it right now!  Okay let’s get into it!

Favorite Song
I honestly can’t get enough of this song.  Starts with a chill vibe and then that beat drops.

Sander van Doorn, Martin Garrix, DVBBS feat. Aleesia – Gold Skies

Favorite Recipe
Serve these with homemade guac, salsa and plain greek yogurt (less fat and more protein than sour cream).  Baked Southwest Egg Rolls full recipe here.  Please make sure to pin from the original.
Favorite Workout
I mean honestly this one burrrrrrnssssss.  I will tell you whenever she does “pulses” try to make the movement even smaller.  Think tiny inch movements that will actually make it harder instead of using momentum with the larger movement.
Favorite Purchase
I am pretty much obsessed.  The top detail and gold zipper.  Use this coupon TGLPTPHF for an extra $5 off!
Favorite Funnies
No matter how hard I try though….always late in the morning!
Pretty much
Busted
I work with them.  They tell me everything
Pretty much how I feel on a daily basis when I get home from work and think about this generation of kids growing up
via tumblr
I give you permission to do this if I try to buy anymore Fall boots
via tumblr
When I’m really excited about something blog related and Mark is trying to slowly remove himself from the conversation….
via tumblr
Finally….
When one of my girlfriends is telling me about a new guy they are dating and asks if she should should google him…..
via tumblr
Alright it’s your turn!  Tell me all your favorites from this week!  What are your weekend plans?  Don’t forget about the $50 visa giveaway here!  xoxoxo

1. September 19, 2014 / 4:07 AM

You should def go to the beach this weekend, this is the best time of the year for it!! :)
    Like you I am cursed with being late for everything… for some reason I never build travel time into getting ready. If I need to be somewhere by 7, you should expect me to be leaving the house then. Oops.
    Have a wonderful weekend!!

2. September 19, 2014 / 5:20 AM

Dang it! It happened again, I went to go buy the boots and they dont have the black in my size only the brown but I want the black!! UGH! Happy Friday doll!

3. September 19, 2014 / 6:24 AM

Those boots are amazing!! Need! And have so much fun at the beach sunning this weekend!!

4. September 19, 2014 / 6:43 AM

I love those boots! They are perfect too if I don’t feel like flaunting my height :). The workout looks good too. Have a great weekend!

5. September 19, 2014 / 7:24 AM

omg…that cat. THAT CAT!!! I’m dying. And yeah, I feel like this week was just overly insane. I guess the upside is that it went by quickly and now it’s Friday? And 5 months? FIVE MONTHS!?! How exciting!

6. September 19, 2014 / 9:35 AM

Love the boots and the gif about buying more boots! LOL!! XO Happy weekend!

7. September 19, 2014 / 9:44 AM

Those egg rolls look good. I need the same spray bottle to the face if I buy anything else, seriously going crazy lately buying too much. The cat on the trampoline, too funny!

8. September 19, 2014 / 10:27 AM

boo, crazy weeks are no fun at all! hope you have a great weekend! xoxo

9. September 19, 2014 / 10:55 AM

When you said “then that beat drops” that was exactly like Gary trying to get me to listen to trance music LOL!! I’m dying over the trampoline gif and I can totally see Mark just saying “great honey, I’m going to go over here now”!!! Also those boots are killer!! Have a great time at the beach love – woo hoo for 5 months!!

10. September 19, 2014 / 11:45 AM

Whoo hoo! 5 months to go!! Those SW egg rolls look delish! And those look like some great fall/winter boots!

11. September 19, 2014 / 12:04 PM

This week has been crazy. So glad it is over. Love those boots. Have a great weekend at the beach. Sounds fantastic!! Oh and I am always running late no matter how hard I try. I do try to get up a little early to give myself more time. Some days it works and some days it doesn’t. Lol. Happy Friday!!

12. September 19, 2014 / 12:05 PM

I need some fall boots! Love those!! And that egg roll recipe, yes please!!!!

That ecard about being late?! I try so so hard but every morning it never fails!!! WTF?!?!

I hope you have a fabulous time this weekend my dear!

13. September 19, 2014 / 12:18 PM

ok you know those last two gifs are killing me. so funny! hope you have a good weekend chica! xo

14. September 19, 2014 / 12:27 PM

Those boots are too cute! And dying over the funnies today! Gave a great weekend! Yay for Friday!

15. September 19, 2014 / 12:41 PM

5 months?! How exciting!!

And children being honest? Yes. Last Thursday one of my students called me stupid. This Thursday one of them told me I was beautiful. I think I’ll go with the most recent one ;)

16. September 19, 2014 / 12:42 PM

Hahaha I LOVE NEW YORK. Man, that show was an epic train wreck that I just had to watch. Anyways, I need to give that workout a try – the cold weather is turning me into a hermit sooner than planned. :) Have a great weekend at the beach!

17. September 19, 2014 / 12:45 PM

Hahaha I watched that cat gif so many times!

18. September 19, 2014 / 12:55 PM

Yes, you should most definitely take any opportunity for a beach trip!

Those egg rolls look soo good, gotta try those!

LOL, That cat on the trampoline!

Have a fabulous weekend!!

19. September 19, 2014 / 1:09 PM

aw that poor kitty lol. that recipe looks delish and that workout looks horribly awesome, lol. can’t believe it’s only 5 months away! this time is gonna fly! have a good weekend girl!

20. September 19, 2014 / 1:14 PM

Bahahha the spray bottle. It’s too soon for me. We’ve been having to spray bottle the dogs to keep their ninja asses out of the trash. I talked about my inability to get into the boots craze on Wednesday.

21. September 19, 2014 / 1:15 PM

DVBBS is so awesome… their mom actually reads my blog (or she emailed me once and told me she did!!) Gold Skies is an amazing track.

22. September 19, 2014 / 1:20 PM

Happy Friday and happy glorious 5 months! I was almost intimidated by the boots, then I remembered it’s you and they were probably a steal. They are – holy what! You can get more pairs this season, I promise.

23. September 19, 2014 / 1:23 PM

Those egg rolls look yummy! I agree, I try to get up earlier before work to have more time but still manage to leave the house late every time!

24. September 19, 2014 / 1:23 PM

haha… the Revenge shout out gif – that is hilarious
    Poor cat!!!
    I’ll get my water bottle ready :)

25. September 19, 2014 / 1:28 PM

Do I see someone went out and got black riding boots?! I know brown had/has been the trend for a few years now, but sometimes a girl just wants to match her black leggings, right? Right :)

26. September 19, 2014 / 1:29 PM

hahaha that trampoline GIF… I totally feel you on that because my hubby did the same while I was telling him all about registry stuff this week! Love those boots, I am in serious need of new black ones this Fall but can’t commit to a pair! Have a great weekend!

27. September 19, 2014 / 1:31 PM

Haha that last gif is the best. I agree, sometimes work just needs to wait and some fun needs to happen!

28. September 19, 2014 / 1:36 PM

Pinned that recipe immediately, looks so good! And that first e-card is SO true… I find the mornings that I’m running the most late are the mornings that I wake up earlier or look at the clock at think “I have plenty of time!” … where did that 15 minutes go?! As I’m running down the street haha. Aww, that poor kitty!! Have an amazing weekend at the beach. You deserve some relaxation!!

29. September 19, 2014 / 1:39 PM

Oh my gosh that little girl with that cat, LOL!!! That is the best thing that I may have seen all week. Beyond hilarious. Those egg rolls sound tasty, and thanks for sharing that workout and that song! :-) I hope that you have a great day and a fab weekend! :-)

30. September 19, 2014 / 2:01 PM

I love, this isn’t interesting enough to pay attention disorder, I have been having that a lot lately! 5 months and counting, it will be here before you know it! Have a great time at the beach this weekend, jealous!

31. September 19, 2014 / 2:07 PM

That last meme is my life!!! Hahaha

Have a great weekend! I’m spending time with some college friends and going to our football game! Go Illini!!

32. September 19, 2014 / 2:12 PM

Those egg rolls…YUM!!!!! Maybe I won’t feel so guilty eating 10 of them, as I do when we go out to eat!!

33. September 19, 2014 / 2:17 PM

bahaha Gabriel still asks how/why blog people have my phone number to text me. He seems to think I am going to get murdered or something,.. so he def does the slow crawl when I talk blog related stuff :)

34. September 19, 2014 / 2:17 PM

Your funnies are great, I completely forgot about New York! Also feel pretty bad for that poor cat and that Modern Family GIf with the spray bottle?! Hah! Have a great weekend!

35. September 19, 2014 / 2:17 PM

Those eggs rolls look really good! I need to start doing the workouts you put on here. Also, that gif with the girl and the cat on the trampoline… amazing. Have a great weekend!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

36. September 19, 2014 / 2:31 PM

Yay for 5 months! But sometimes, the work really does have to wait. Those egg rolls though?! Pinning those for sure! Hope you have the most relaxing weekend!
    xo Southern Style

37. September 19, 2014 / 2:40 PM

That cat on the trampoline, so hilarious! I’m drooling over those egg rolls, holy yum.

38. September 19, 2014 / 3:09 PM

Those boots are so cute! Did you get them? I’m wondering how wide they are on the calf since I have little chicken legs lol. That’s my only problem with buying boots online- I need to try them on! Have fun at the beach!

39. September 19, 2014 / 3:31 PM

you really have the best friday favorites posts. all of these are so me. first and foremost, it is OK to put the work to the side. you go enjoy yourself this weekend!!!! secondly, that song is the sh*t. third: the boots. omg. stop i can’t go shopping! and finally all of those funnies are me/ me and mike it’s not even funny!!

40. September 19, 2014 / 3:36 PM

I love that whenever you post a song you say “and then the beat drops”! That’s how I know it will be a good song. Love those new boots, you will wear those a TON!

41. September 19, 2014 / 3:49 PM

Those boots are amazing and if my hubby keeps messing with me he is definitely getting a spray in the face. I should start employing that technique more often! You’ve inspired me!

42. September 19, 2014 / 4:01 PM

I’m so sad that those Sam & Libby boots don’t come in my size! When you posted about them the other day, I was going to order them right then and there…and then I shed a tear.

Oh my gosh, those egg rolls with guac? HEAVEN.

And like always, all of your funnies are on point. Emily Thorne..bahahaha

43. September 19, 2014 / 4:24 PM

Enjoy your beach weekend! I think I’m going to spend all weekend making those egg rolls and eating them.. on repeat! Haha!

44. September 19, 2014 / 4:50 PM

that song!!! love it. i love our *exact* same taste in music. i was trying to send you the one i posted today via spotify the other day but it wasn’t working. i figured you’d be a fan! have a great weekend!!

45. September 19, 2014 / 4:55 PM

That trampoline cat is hilarious! Totally describes my convo’s with my man that has anything to do with blogging or buying more fall boots! lol.

46. September 19, 2014 / 5:20 PM

Hahaha I totally need a friend to carry a water bottle around with me ANY time I go shopping to stop me from being a crazy impulse shopping buyer :) And that cat on the tramp is just cracking me up!!

Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

47. September 19, 2014 / 8:27 PM

Oh I hear you on the busy week sister friend. Mine’s been crazy too. Hope you enjoy your beach weekend! Oh and that trampoline gif… I died.

48. September 19, 2014 / 9:44 PM

I love the lil’ girl on the trampoline with the cat – HILARIOUS! Sigh, this week is kicking my butt too! Cannot wait to get home tonight, get cozy, and sleep in tomorrow. HOORAZ!!!

49. September 19, 2014 / 10:11 PM

The egg rolls look amazing! Boots look nice, for some reason I want more.

I laughed at the funny card that says they stand far from others in pics – in case they want to crop!

And trampoline girl! hahahaaa!!! My bf has been practicing the art of acting interested and then accidentally showing he’s not listening by – not listening.

50. September 20, 2014 / 2:30 PM

Bahahahah… the spray bottle! I kid you not, the other day I made SURE I left work at an exact time so that I’d be home before Pete in order to grab the package on our porch before he even saw it – then I hid the box in the depths of our closet where he’ll never look. :)

51. September 21, 2014 / 8:30 PM

LOVE those riding boots! Those some e cards are hilarious, I totally can relate! xo Andrea

Boho Bunnie

52. September 22, 2014 / 12:37 AM

I think we both need those boots, so cute!! Hope you had a fun weekend and got in some good R&R!

53. October 2, 2014 / 12:58 PM

Girl that cat gif is hilarious! Love it. I feel you on the backed up bloglovin feed (clearly) haha