Friday Favorites – Fall Is In Full Swing

Happy Friday!  Can I just say I am so glad this week is over!  I am absolutely looking forward to being home this weekend and doing some major catching up.  We had the tiniest glimmer of hope for Fall weather these past few days.  It has been perfect.  No humidity, cooler temps and maybe just maybe it will be tall boot wearing weather soon enough.  It’s the little things right?  I got a lot accomplished this week with Wedding planning so I’m starting to feel a little less anxious about that winding down timeline. Alright enough babbling let’s get into these!

Favorite Song

The first time I heard this song I loved it.  I seriously used Concrete Angel as many times as I could in spin.  I totally dig her voice. The beat takes a little bit longer to drop….right around the 2 minute mark but when it does…… Oh and the Ultra video……who wants to go right?  Such high energy!!  Gareth Emery feat Christina Novelli – Dynamite.

Favorite Recipe

I put this over whole wheat couscous……so so good!  Shrimp and Veggie Pesto Pasta full recipe here.  Please make sure to pin from the original.

Favorite Workout

My at home workout roundup post is almost done and I’ll have it for you next week.  You better believe this workout is on there. This 10 minute workout is crazy.  Like seriously talk about a multi tasking butt kicker.  Try it I promise you will be sweating 2 minutes in.  Popsugar Bikini-Butt Workout.

Favorite Purchase

I have been so good y’all.  Like so good.  No online purchases, no random trips to Target/TJMaxx but then I got the email from SHOPBOP with the annual friends and family sale and I have had my eye on this purse for so long.  I’m pretty much obsessed with taupe and then they had to bring out the competitive spirit in me and tell me there were only two left.  Well…..after I was done…..there was only one left.  The taupe is sold out but I also love this color.

Favorite Funnies

Straight truth

It’s like totally the rule you have to start them on Monday and only Monday.

My question whenever we get an invite to a child’s birthday party…..during football season.

That commercial still makes me laugh

When I’ve had a few adult libations and I think I’m using my indoor voice to tell a story……but apparently not

via tumblr
My internal thoughts when Mark asked if I could fill in for one of the girls on the coed softball team……
via tumblr
Pretty much how I felt when he came back from that said softball game and I was attempting to tear into a bag of cookies…..
via tumblr
Finally….maybe she should have just gone for the one spin and not tried to be a showoff with the double spin……on a wet runway.
via tumblr
Alright now it’s your time linkup and share your favorites from the week and make sure to stop by all the fun peeps that have linked up!  I hope you have a great weekend!  Tell me your plans!  xoxoxo

1. October 17, 2014 / 4:03 AM

I am OBSESSED with that rebecca minkoff bag. Maybe in my dreams. Those dog GIFs are freaking hilarious! And that shrimp and veggie pesto just made my stomach growl…at midnight. Oh man it looks so good! Have a good weekend at home! Glad some of the wedding stress is subsiding!

2. October 17, 2014 / 4:07 AM

What a great bag!! Don’t ya just hate when they tell you how many are left? Usually I can show restraint, until they give me a number.. I can even be ok (somewhat) if it sells out.. but once they give you that __ left.. it’s on!!

Thanks for hosting Amanda! Have a wonderful weekend!

3. October 17, 2014 / 5:07 AM

What a cute bag! I know I have a hard time resisting buying the last one. I have to stay away from online shopping altogether or I spend way too much. Those e-cards and gifs are hilarious!

4. October 17, 2014 / 5:33 AM

I love how that model just kept walking!! AHAHAHAHA!! Kinda made my evening. And the shrimp veggie pesto pasta looks amazing…Congrats on getting more wedding planning done and I think I will just take your word on that workout ;P

5. October 17, 2014 / 5:48 AM

That saying that trail mix is just M&M’s with obstacles is so true. LMAO I would play worse than that dog at softball.

6. October 17, 2014 / 9:03 AM

The drop and run dog gif is hilarious, though I would have ran with the cookies. Hehe! I may have watched the last video at least 10 times! The dude doesn’t even flinch. She deserved it though, showoff. The princess party tailgating is the truth, always serve liquor.

7. October 17, 2014 / 10:25 AM

Haha that last gif just made my morning! Looking forward to the home workout video round up! Now that the dark colder days are here I have a harder time motivating myself to leave for the gym. No excuses with all the awesome at home options there is now!

8. October 17, 2014 / 10:49 AM

I’m so glad it’s the weekend too! That pasta looks delicious. And good choice on the purse, I carry my Rebecca Minkoff MAC constantly :)

lovejoanna.com

9. October 17, 2014 / 10:55 AM

That bag is fab, and while I’m happy you got the taupe that I wanted I really love this color, too! As always, the funnies are totally on point, especially tailgating at the princess party (though I was in luck at M’s son’s 1st birthday party, as there was a signature cocktail for the adults!).

10. October 17, 2014 / 10:56 AM

I love the new purse and I have to say I love that green color!! So glad you tackled a lot on your wedding to-do list!! I most definitely only pick the M&Ms out of my trail mix LOL! Hope you have a great weekend! xo

11. October 17, 2014 / 10:56 AM

Those dog gifs, especially dropping the toy, are hilarious!!!! And that run way one? I love how the next dude just keeps walking like he doesn’t even notice! I mean, I know that is what they are supposed to do…but damn dude. Perhaps a little side glare?

Mmm couscous. That bag is fabulous!!!! Have a great weekend!

12. October 17, 2014 / 11:22 AM

The last one…the spin….the fall… Made. My. Day.

13. October 17, 2014 / 11:31 AM

LOL the state farm and the model!! Have the best weekend!! XO

14. October 17, 2014 / 11:31 AM

Haha I watched the spin one AT LEAST a half dozen times…my favorite part: they guy doesn’t even flinch.

15. October 17, 2014 / 11:41 AM

Oh that Shrimp and pesto looks amazing! Obsessed with that color you go in the mini mac! So cute! bahahaha! That model! Love it! Have a great weekend girl!

<3 Shannon
    upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

16. October 17, 2014 / 11:58 AM

Haha… I did the whole “Jake from State Farm” thing to one of my friends who had gotten a new phone, and it’s still an ongoing joke. Epic!

Happy Friday :)

17. October 17, 2014 / 12:00 PM

hahahhahaha omg that last gif has me in stitches right now. Love the new RM purse as well!

18. October 17, 2014 / 12:14 PM

Bahahaha the gif’s!! Regarding the kid’s birthday during football season…. but really. Love the RM bag!

19. October 17, 2014 / 12:22 PM

Ha! Your funnies and recipe this week (is, are) on point!! Have a fabulous weekend!! xoxo

20. October 17, 2014 / 12:29 PM

Loving that bikini butt workout. I think I need to get on that for my upcoming cruise. And so jealous of your new purse! GORGEOUS! Your funnies are killing me. I’m definitely going to respond Jake from State Farm if I ever get a text asking who this is! Happy Friday love!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

21. October 17, 2014 / 12:29 PM

Girl, I am so envious of your new Rebecca Minkoff bag! I’ve been coveting that bag for so many years now that it’s almost an ongoing joke. Maybe one of these days. ;) I am looking forward to your home workout roundup – I trust your judgment when it comes to anything health/fitness related, so I know there will be some good workouts in there! That veggie shrimp pesto pasta looks right up my alley, too. Have a wonderful weekend!

22. October 17, 2014 / 12:54 PM

That shrimp looks delicious! And the bag is the perfect size and color for fall! They dog and frisbee reminds me of our dog. He will let a tennis ball hit him in the face every single time! Happy Friday!

23. October 17, 2014 / 1:06 PM

Cute bag, I love that color! Those dog gif’s are so awesome! I’m excited to see your at-home workout round-up! Have a great weekend!

24. October 17, 2014 / 1:11 PM

You’ve been making me drool with the recipes from the last few Friday Favorites—and this week is no different. Um, YUM!

I was getting bored/in need of a change from the Tone It Up workouts and have been l-o-v-i-n-g all things PopSugar recently. Except I still can’t get used to Anna Renderer’s accent…

25. October 17, 2014 / 1:21 PM

Love that color of that bag!! Gorgeous. I’m looking forward to seeing your workout round-up too. I tried some new exercises this week which was nice. As always your gifs make my week. The dog with the frisbee and the wet runaway, haha. Have a fab weekend lady!

26. October 17, 2014 / 1:22 PM

Holy hell, that last one is too much. I can’t stop watching that bitch fall!!!

I have trouble with my indoor voice when I drink, too. Subtlety is not my specialty.

27. October 17, 2014 / 1:24 PM

That purse is amazing! And that Monday diet pin is so true, so true!

28. October 17, 2014 / 1:30 PM

Omg that purse is amazing!!! Way to go! Love that dog getting the frisbee thrown at it and it’s like FU!

29. October 17, 2014 / 1:31 PM

Love your new purse!! So cute!! OMG that last gif is hilarious! How embarrassing.

30. October 17, 2014 / 1:48 PM

Trail mix for the win. That bag for the win, too!

31. October 17, 2014 / 1:51 PM

Great score on that bag, LOVE it! Of course when I clicked on the turquoise one it said only 2 left, lol! That girl on the runway, too funny. The diet funny, sometimes thats how I look at working out – might as well wait till next week! Happy weekend!

32. October 17, 2014 / 2:10 PM

YAY NEW PURSE! I only have a couple purses, they both are coach, and I love them so much, I don’t really see the need for other purses to mess with our relationship.

But, Satchels and Hippie Boho Side Bags – AND BOOK BAGS – And Laptop bags – that’s another story – Got MILLIONS of those. hahaha – same family just not a PURSE. I’m insane. Sorry. :)

I’m going to check out the Booty Workout this weekend – for one of my active rest day activities. I’m currently doing the Rewired 9-week Training Program… Finished the first week (except for the 2 active rest days – but I swear, I’ll be active and resting hahaha)

AND – is it sad that I am so disappointed when there aren’t drinks at a child’s bday party? I mean – WHAT ARE THE PARENTS SUPPOSED TO DO? I’m an awful parent – perhaps I should pregame in their driveway. Kidding – OH I AM SO KIDDING!

Even if I mess up my food routine on a Wednesday – I wait until Monday to restart. It’s so sad!

33. October 17, 2014 / 2:18 PM

Haha Jake from State Farm, that’s hilarious!! And yay for your Mini Mac- you will absolutely love it! They always get me too when it says “only 1 left” it’s just too tempting! Have a fab weekend, girl! xoxo

34. October 17, 2014 / 2:25 PM

I had to wait to comment since i was listening to Dynamite. Love Gareth Emery. You need to come be my concert buddy- I’m seeing Sound remedy tonight!!! looove that crossbody bag!

35. October 17, 2014 / 2:27 PM

This probably makes me the worst blogger ever but what is Shopbop?! I keep seeing people post about the sale, but I’ve never really heard of it before. Also, that shrimp recipe looks sooo good- I love shrimp but we rarely use it other than over the occasional pasta. And LOL at the Jake from State Farm! Too funny!

36. October 17, 2014 / 2:36 PM

Love your funnies – as always. I feel bad for the Frisbee dog. :( Awww. He’s trying my moving his head slightly!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

37. October 17, 2014 / 2:50 PM

That purse!!! I got one too, back about two years ago on GILT, I also got that color because the taupe was sold out! It’s my go to purse. Trying to convince my husband I need a bigger Rebecca Minkoff! lol ;)

Beardy Heart Beauty

38. October 17, 2014 / 3:52 PM

So YOU’RE part of the reason the Minkoff bags I wanted were sold out! :-) I hate West Coast time ;-). Your Funnies are particularly funny today. That model in the water? BUHAHAHAHA!! Have a great weekend Amanda!

39. October 17, 2014 / 4:07 PM

That shrimp pasta looks heavenly! Love your new bag purchase! Been eyeing that one for forever! Dying over all those ecards – hilarious! Oh and I love how that male model just keeps strutting right past the possibly-drowning female ;) Have a great weekend! XOXO

40. October 17, 2014 / 4:15 PM

Amen, I’m glad this week is over too! So ready for the weekend :) LOVE that mini mac, I’ve had my eye on a few for so long! One day!

41. October 17, 2014 / 4:19 PM

I have a Mini Mac in Lipstick Red, such a fantastic bag!

42. October 17, 2014 / 4:46 PM

Those popsugar ten minute workouts are no joke! They’re the best for a day when you just can’t (read: don’t want to) find the time to work out.

43. October 17, 2014 / 5:06 PM

I was convinced I was going to come home with the Rebecca Minkoff Taupe Mini Mac when I went on vacation, but I’m so picky about my taupes so I when I saw it in person I just couldn’t pull the trigger. I think I might go for a classic black version but now I’m torn between silver/gold/rose gold hardware – the struggle! That last gif – SO GOOD.

44. October 17, 2014 / 6:21 PM

Im the absolute worst offender when it comes to thinking I’m speaking in my indoor voice and total not after a few drinks. I’m already on the loud side so the volume just goes up. I can’t wait to try that popsugar workout, it looks brutal!

xoxo,
    Meghan

45. October 17, 2014 / 6:34 PM

Haha the worst thing about the girl falling off the runway is that the male model is not even fazed. Love all those gifs but can definitely related to the sports one best baha. Oh and you need that new purse. Why? Because I have one that color and it seriously goes with SO MUCH. Sold? Happy weekend :)

46. October 17, 2014 / 6:49 PM

hahaha! Jake from State Farm! And cocktails at your princess party or tailgate in your driveway?! Some peeps are just awesome and have football on while at the princess party. Much more fun that way.

The shrimp pasta looks amazing. I was having a toss up as to whether I wanted spaghetti and meatballs or some other white sauce/clear sauce pasta. I had decided on spaghetti/meatballs til I saw this post. Maybe both?

47. October 17, 2014 / 7:19 PM

That recipe looks amazing! I might try something similar this weekend with peso and ravioli. Happy Friday lady!

48. October 17, 2014 / 11:41 PM

can’t wait for your workout post – im taking it easy right now but i’ll totally do that butt video after the half marathon. yay new bag! that colours is so pretty, bet the taupe is as well. i say shopping is ok when you’ve been wanting something for awhile – its not impulse shopping, cause you’ve really thought about it. have a good weekend!

49. October 18, 2014 / 2:12 AM

great song, as always. i feel like that’s a #duh. hahah. the color of that bag is perfect!

50. October 18, 2014 / 8:34 AM

Great bag! And love Gareth Emery! I saw him on my birthday and got a picture with him! Total fangirl moment. :)

xo T.

51. October 18, 2014 / 4:41 PM

Love that bag! And love that song! xo

52. October 18, 2014 / 5:44 PM

Love that bag….sounds like you’ve been good. You should just get it =)

And I’m trying that workout…just as soon as I get my butt up off the couch. Sounds right up my alley!

53. October 19, 2014 / 9:27 PM

love that song and that recipe looks to die. that workout needs to be in my life – i should really get off my arse and try it already :) xo

54. October 21, 2014 / 1:49 PM

Love that song, added it to my workout playlist! I love anything with shrimp so this recipe will be made soon!
    ~Elise @ highheelsglitteringeyes.blogspot.com