Weekending – The One That Went By Too Fast

Happy Monday.  As my mother likes to say.  A night out is a day in.  What do you do when you have a night and day out in Gainesville?  Spend Sunday watching Gilmore Girls, struggling through a workout and trying to prepare for the week.  Linking up with Biana and Meghan for their Weekending linkup!

Before the weekend Kelly and I got together for our daily workouts and then took a bike ride over to the newest restaurant that just opened Fresh Kitchen.  I really dig the concept.  It’s quick, heathy and everyone in there was pretty much just coming back from their workouts.  My only takeaway negative point is that it is pretty pricy.  Quickly escalated to well over 10 bucks but it had such a good flavor.  Full review later but you can check the menu and concept here.

I also rode a bike for the first time in about 10 years.  Little scary in the beginning but then a lot of fun.  I always forget how accessible my neighborhood is via a bike.  They also have restaurant bike tours once a month.  Definitely need to check that out.

Friday night we went to Roux the NOLA restaurant that just opened.  It even impressed Mark’s dad who lived there.  Definitely have the full review coming at you.  I was very pleasantly surprised.

Saturday it was off to Gainesville.  That was a tough one for sure.  This is going to be a very long season.

Sunday was spent getting in some at home workouts.  I have been loving doing them at home.  Apple tv makes it so much easier.

Also made a plate of these Bagel Bites to round out the weekend.

I have a full recap for you this week with all my favorite ones I’ve been doing lately.  Did you have a good weekend?  Check back tomorrow I have some of the things I’ve been digging lately!  xoxoxo

1. October 13, 2014 / 4:24 AM

It’s funny… I never really used to ride my bike but now I ride mine all the time in China!! It’s fun and it actually is pretty good exercise :)

2. October 13, 2014 / 4:57 AM

Sounds like you had a really good weekend! I rode my bike for the first time in years the other month and I was so wobbly at first. Thankfully it didn’t take me long to get my stride back :) We love going on family bike rides now!

3. October 13, 2014 / 7:00 AM

Thank you for sharing your weekend recap! I miss watching football games. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend though.

4. October 13, 2014 / 11:18 AM

I love your bike, so adorable! Can’t wait to hear the review on the healthy eating spot.

5. October 13, 2014 / 11:59 AM

I thought of you yesterday because I watched multiple Gilmore Girl episodes in a row. Love that show! Fresh Kitchen needs to come to ATL. That sounds delicious!

6. October 13, 2014 / 12:06 PM

this looks like a fantastic weekend! that first restaurant sounds awesome. i’m all about the fresh stuff. why is it so hard to find?

7. October 13, 2014 / 12:08 PM

I love trying out new restaurants! Sounds like you found two winners. And how fun that you road a bike?! I haven’t been on one in forever. FOREVER! Cant wait to hear about your at home work outs you have been loving!

8. October 13, 2014 / 12:20 PM

I have an at home workout happening this morning!! I’m still sad about the game on Saturday, but at least it was close…Sounds like you had a perfect weekend and I’m jealous of your bike riding skills!!! Happy Monday doll! xo

9. October 13, 2014 / 12:23 PM

Haha I’m with you on the bike thing. I rode one this summer and it took me forever to get the hang of it again but once I did I had a blast! That new restaurant sounds delicious! Happy Monday lovebug!
    ~Elise @ highheelsglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

10. October 13, 2014 / 12:23 PM

What a fun weekend! Your bike is SO cute! I want to get a bike but I really don’t have any where to ride it… I live too far from any restaurants or anything! And I didn’t know you went to the UF game this weekend! What a crazy game! Happy Monday!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

11. October 13, 2014 / 1:12 PM

That food looks delicious! I haven’t ridden my bike in forever, I need to do that now that the weather is perfect for it! That game was just heartbreaking, especially after coming so close to winning! I just can’t with this season!

12. October 13, 2014 / 1:19 PM

Such a crappy loss to LSU, I wish we could get a new QB and coaches right now. Looks like y’all had fun in Gainesville though! You’re making me miss it there so much! :)

13. October 13, 2014 / 1:21 PM

i love tv workouts!! those are the best. I love biking around town!! that’s so fun!

14. October 13, 2014 / 1:36 PM

I love home workouts too.. T25 is my jam! And I know what you mean about the bike- I rented one around Charlotte and was definitely a little bit rusty, but it was still so much fun! xo

15. October 13, 2014 / 1:37 PM

Sounds like a fun weekend! That food looks yummy. Bummer that it costs so much! I am a chicken when it comes to riding my bike. It’s like I’ve completely forgotten how to do it. Ridiculous.

16. October 13, 2014 / 1:41 PM

MMM, Roux. I went for a pre-opening and loved it, and was just thinking the other day I need to go back now that they’re officially open. I can’t wait for your review! Now that we have the house, Jason wants to get bikes; haven’t rode one in yearrrrs.

17. October 13, 2014 / 1:46 PM

That restaurant sounds great, sorry that it was expensive though. :-/ I did Bike the Drive (they close Lake Shore Drive for a bike ride) and freaked out when I got on the bike. Because I had not ridden a bike since I was a little girl. Glad that you had a fun weekend though and cute pictures of you and Mark! :-) Hope that you are having a great day so far too!

18. October 13, 2014 / 1:51 PM

Dallas has a place called Start that is the exact same concept as Fresh Kitchen, and they sound like total twinsies: overpriced but delicious, full of people in Lululemon workout wear, fresh off the yoga mat or kickboxing studio… Who likely don’t notice that quinoa salad just cost them $17. Think you’ll go back? We’re not sure how we feel about Start (dinner for two cost us nearly $40, and that was for takeout sandwiches and a side salad. C’mon!)

19. October 13, 2014 / 2:07 PM

mmm the food looks great unlike the price and you look fabulous in your tailgate attire! Hope yall had a fabulous weekend! xoxo

20. October 13, 2014 / 2:10 PM

can’t wait for your post about at home workouts, the weather is getting not so great meaning more at home workouts. that food looks delish, the concept sounds interesting and over $10 is not bad but it’s not something i’d wanna do every week! love your bike, you’re so cute!

21. October 13, 2014 / 2:20 PM

Yay for workout posts!! I love that you can bike around your town, so fun!

22. October 13, 2014 / 2:27 PM

Oh my, I haven’t been on a bike in years either! Glad you had a good weekend :)

23. October 13, 2014 / 3:14 PM

Love your game day gear! So cute!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

24. October 13, 2014 / 3:15 PM

I can’t even remember the last time I rode a bike. I’m kind of afraid to do it now.

I’m looking forward to the review of that new restaurant. Sounds interesting.

25. October 13, 2014 / 3:19 PM

Biking around is cool!

I’ve been loving the at home workouts too, especially just stacking some 10 minute ones.

26. October 13, 2014 / 3:21 PM

Fresh Kitchen looks amazing! Suck cute photos of you and the guy at the Gators game :-)

27. October 13, 2014 / 3:51 PM

I never use to ride my bike and now it is my main mode of transportation. My family thinks it is pretty funny that the one who used to think she was way too cool to bike to school now bikes to work everyday :)

28. October 13, 2014 / 4:07 PM

Look how cute you are on your bike!! I need to get a bike! That sounds like so much fun!! Ya that Gator game was definitely a rough one!! Happy Monday!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

29. October 13, 2014 / 5:34 PM

Yeah for at-home workouts! Those have been life-savers lately. How cute are you on your bike?! :) Happy Monday!

30. October 13, 2014 / 5:58 PM

Aw love you and your cute pink bike! Workouts at home means no excuses right? I need to chant that all day long till it sticks.

31. October 13, 2014 / 7:29 PM

I love the sound (and look let’s be real) of that restaurant! I absolutely love riding my bike, I wish we had bike weather all year! It’s a workout that doesn’t really feel like a workout, until you get to the killer hills, but has the added bonus of speed. Win, win in my books!

32. October 13, 2014 / 8:45 PM

Love at home workouts, I love Jillian Michaels and have been googling free barre workouts which have been amazing! Still need to get my butt up to the swamp this year!

33. October 13, 2014 / 8:52 PM

Riding bikes all over town is perfect when the weather is nice! It makes me feel like I am counter acting alcohol consumption.

At home workouts are ALL I have been doing lately. At first it was kinda hard to get into it but I can’t do anything else right now so I am learning to love it.

34. October 13, 2014 / 10:17 PM

Your veggie/rice bowl looks so good!! I hate that healthy foods are so much more expensive!!

35. October 14, 2014 / 12:03 AM

How fun! Love your blue dress!

36. October 14, 2014 / 12:26 AM

Looks like it was a great weekend. Love that dress.

37. October 14, 2014 / 12:55 AM

Love the color of the blue dress. And that bike reminds me of one I could rent down the shore to ride on the boardwalk.

38. October 14, 2014 / 1:13 AM

Bike restaurant tour?! SIGN ME UP. That sounds like the best ever!!

39. October 14, 2014 / 1:54 AM

Isn’t that always the way of healthy, delicious place to eat?! They are always too expensive! but it does look delicious. and how cute is your bike?! I really want a cruiser and I think I need a pink one with a basket! Amazing!! Happy Monday :)

Maggie

40. October 14, 2014 / 2:07 AM

This is such a fun weekend recap! Love it all! XO

Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

41. October 14, 2014 / 2:22 AM

That restaurant seems interesting and looks delicious! Love that you rode your bike! Also, how adorable are you at the game? Can’t wait to read your workout recap! xo

42. October 14, 2014 / 2:57 AM

Fresh Kitchen sounds so interesting…can’t wait for your review!! I’m jealous you went to Roux! I’ve been wanting to go. We hit Datz after the Hyde Park Village Fall Festival, and I was in heaven. My eyes were larger than my stomach, and I can’t wait to go back!

43. October 14, 2014 / 6:04 PM

oh my goodness your bike is so cute! I want your basket :)

44. October 22, 2014 / 1:08 AM

Bike tours sound so fun! I love that pink bicycle. I hope santa brings me one so I can ride around camping with the baby in the basket. Lol! Kidding! :)