Looks I’m Digging – Ponchos & Capes

Happy Tuesday.  Now that we are really diving into the months of Fall I keep on gravitating towards these two looks.  Skinny jeans, riding boots and topped off with a cozy poncho or cape.  Now is the time to take advantage of this look before you need to start hiding all these fabulous Fall looks underneath layers of thick coats.  Not here in Florida but just thinking about everyone up North.  See I’m considerate like that.

Here are some of my favorites looks and ways to wear them.  I mean how fabulous is this look right?

Love this look with the plaid scarf over the top of it.
Sign me up for this super fine cashmere one.
Find it here
All about Aztec/Tribal.  I pretty much have more than I can count when it comes to Southwestern prints like this.
Totally dig the chunky piece of jewelry over the top of it.
Swooning over this cape.
Finally all of my favorite looks together.  Poncho, fringe, chunky necklace and fabulous hat.  Totally love the patterned top underneath.
Free People find it here
Alright you know I rounded up affordable pieces.  Now the hard part is just narrowing it down to just a few!

What do you think?  Are you digging this look?   How would you wear it?  I love it with a high ponytail and layered with a chunky long necklace xoxoxo

1. October 14, 2014 / 5:41 AM

That cashmere looks so soft, I could totally take a nap in it.

2. October 14, 2014 / 9:51 AM

Thank you for sharing these! I’m going to need to dig for my ponchos and capes after seeing this post!

3. October 14, 2014 / 10:18 AM

Love these!! I’d really love to find great aztec oversized cardigan or poncho – all the colors make me feel like it would match so much!! xo

4. October 14, 2014 / 11:09 AM

I wish I could pull off ponchos! My short frame usually makes me look like a bag lady when I do try them. But I’m definitely swooning over here!

5. October 14, 2014 / 12:05 PM

I’m loving that plaid scarf layered on top! I still haven’t quite found a poncho I can pull off (all 4’10” of me gets eaten up by them) but I love that last look – the hat is perfection!

6. October 14, 2014 / 12:15 PM

I love the poncho/cape look! That first one is my favorite. Although I wouldn’t complain about that cashmere one either! :)

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

7. October 14, 2014 / 12:26 PM

I love the cashmere one! Yes please!

8. October 14, 2014 / 1:11 PM

Loooove this look! And now I think I need every single one of these so thank you for that ;) Haha happy Tuesday!

9. October 14, 2014 / 1:20 PM

ooo, they all look so comfy! I haven’t try this look yet, mostly for fear of looking/feeling like i’m wearing a big mumu. Maybe I’ll have to dive in with that Forever 21 one since it’s not too much of an investment!

10. October 14, 2014 / 1:31 PM

I’m with you on this look… SO GORGEOUS! That green one is calling my name, I just fell in love! You picked some great finds!!

11. October 14, 2014 / 1:51 PM

I LOVE this look! TJMaxx has had a ton of ponchos/capes lately, but I wasn’t quite sure how to style them – you’ve given me fantastic inspiration!

12. October 14, 2014 / 1:54 PM

Love them all! Perfect for fall and winter. We have some super cute capes and ponchos at work too. So cute with a bootcut jean or skinny jeans and Sorel boots. I like them with a hat too. :-) I hope that you’re having a great day so far too.

13. October 14, 2014 / 1:56 PM

I LOVE the boots in the first pic! Hook me up with where to find those, k? Re: Panchos, I think it’s really hit or miss. If you invest in a high end piece, it’s usually a hit (what isn’t at that price point). But coming from the upper Midwest where way too many middle aged women wore them nonstop for the 6 months of winter, I feel like many of them are misses… Middle aged missed.

But I have PMS and feel snarky this morning, so there you have it.

14. October 14, 2014 / 2:09 PM

I would totally wear a poncho or cape! I was looking at them last night when shopping :)

15. October 14, 2014 / 2:24 PM

I definitely love these, so stylish and comfy. I love the look with the plaid scarf over it.

16. October 14, 2014 / 3:02 PM

i think you have to be skinny to wear these (which you are!) but on me, it does not work!

17. October 14, 2014 / 3:34 PM

I just picked up a striped poncho at TJMaxx (the price was too good to pass up) but haven’t styled it yet. I love your suggestion of a high pony & necklace. I love all these looks- so cozy and chic!

lovejoanna.com

18. October 14, 2014 / 3:36 PM

Thanks for sharing this!!! I love a beautiful poncho. I think it still looks chic and on trend/classic and as someone who has had kids I love anything that goes over ma belly!!!! No shame in my game, hide the bad accentuate the good!!!

19. October 14, 2014 / 3:41 PM

capes on capes! love the first two looks and the cashmere

20. October 14, 2014 / 4:25 PM

I love all of these!!! It will hide the extra food I have eaten lately until I can get that under control! haha! Although, I feel like I might just look frumpy or boxy. Worth a try because I love it!

21. October 14, 2014 / 4:37 PM

I want the first girl’s hair!
    I want that Splendid eggplant one. Gorgeous AND comfy? I’ll take it.

22. October 14, 2014 / 4:37 PM

I love big, oversized sweaters but I have wide hips and I feel like they just make me look huge.

23. October 14, 2014 / 4:56 PM

I love ponchos and capes. That second look with the plaid scarf will be me this winter. The green cape I really want, why is it not available anymore!!! Must figure out how to knit a replica!

24. October 14, 2014 / 5:23 PM

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this look! Especially the cashmere one, that just looks like heaven!

25. October 14, 2014 / 5:29 PM

I love some of the ones you picked out! I had tried on a couple a while back and they were not cute on me– too much fabric for how short I am, but I think some of these would totally work!

26. October 14, 2014 / 5:58 PM

I never thought to add a scarf over a poncho but I love how it makes the whole look more proportional (especially for sistas in the itty bitty titty committee!). Old Navy – shocker – has really cute ones right now!

27. October 14, 2014 / 6:15 PM

That first one – the knit poncho… oh my word… I WANT!!!!

28. October 14, 2014 / 6:19 PM

Loving that splendid poncho top. (The burgundy) Looks so comfy! XO

29. October 14, 2014 / 7:00 PM

I love ponchos/capes/anything swingy! I am totally swooning over the scarf on top!

30. October 14, 2014 / 7:14 PM

totally dig this look. just not on me. anyone with boobs will look like a house. or short people. so basically you can wear it because you’re tall and skinny mini :)

31. October 14, 2014 / 7:24 PM

Oooh the green one – OOOOOH.

I love capes and ponchos – I am so short though – it makes me look like I’m wearing a bag – but I seriously could care less – I mean COMFY!

32. October 14, 2014 / 7:44 PM

Love these. The first and the Aztec one are my favorites!!!! So need to go out and buy a few fall outfits anyways, might as well throw a poncho onto the must-buy pile. ;) Cannot wait.

33. October 15, 2014 / 12:50 AM

Love these looks! And I too love that we Floridians can wear them when everyone up north is bundling up in heavy coats ;-)

34. October 15, 2014 / 6:28 PM

These are all really cute and styled really well. Love the scarf over top like in pic #2!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

35. October 16, 2014 / 3:14 AM

Love these. Good to know Forever 21 has a couple good options.

36. October 22, 2014 / 1:12 AM

Oh I just love these looks! The more cozy/loose fitting the better! Esp with this growing belly! The problem is the pricetags on these items… self control is tough when the fashion is so cute!

37. Pingback: Aguv Blog