Friday Favorites – October Needs To Be Longer

Happy Friday y’all.  I am off today because apparently I never take vacation and I have a lot of days I need to use before the end of the year or I lose them.  So guess who is never working another Monday or Friday till January?  I wish but I’m definitely taking some mental health days over the next few months.  I clearly need to take more vacations over the year.  I am also nursing a very scary looking middle toe right now.  I dropped a 2 lb weight on it during my barre class this week.  I never knew how much 2 lbs could hurt until it lands straight down on your toe.  I have know dubbed it my Halloween toe.  It’s pretty sad looking.  Thank goodness I did that now before I had to put it in my Wedding shoes!  Anyways let’s get into these Favorites from the week!
Favorite Song

I am so obsessed with this song.  It has such a strong beat.  Guaranteed to get you pumped up for whatever activity you are doing from running to you know getting ready for Happy Hour.  David Guetta & Showtek – Bad ft Vassy.

Favorite Recipe

Lightened up Bang Bang shrimp full recipe here.  Yes please.  Please pin from the original.

Favorite Workout

5 Barre different workouts.  Check next week I’ll have my workout post ready to roll I promise!

Favorite Purchase

It’s still in the 80’s but I couldn’t resist it’s adorable on and I hate when my ears are cold.  It will come in handy for our trips up north!

Favorite Funnies

What I tell Mark on a daily basis.

Story of my life….

The clock in my car is 6 minutes fast…..not that it helps or anything
Some days my car alarms at me for my passenger to put on it’s seatbelt….oh no that’s just my 30 lb purse.

Doing at home dance workout videos….pretty much.

via Tumblr

When Mark comes home and tells me all the latest gossip about the happenings of his softball team

via Tumblr
Too much?  Is this bad that it made me laugh when I first saw it because it reminded me of road rage thoughts.
via Tumblr
When I think I’m eating peppermint ice cream and it’s really vanilla ice cream with peppermint pieces
via Tumblr
Finally….you thought you were having a bad day?  This girl getting caught in the chimney of the guys house she was trying to break into…….oh yeah that’s worse.  I’m sorry I couldn’t stop laughing even when the news anchor was trying to tell the story he looked like he was about to lose it at any second.
Your turn tell me your favorites from the week!  What are your plans this weekend?  xoxoxo

1. October 24, 2014 / 4:14 AM

Yay for no work on Friday!! Gotta love weeks like that.
    That video of the woman stuck in the chimney was hilarious. She just stalking to a new level.
    Hope your toe feels better girl, enjoy your weekend.

2. October 24, 2014 / 6:55 AM

yay for unused vacation days! definitely take advantage of those. it’s crazy that there’s only one more week left in october!
    and i hope your toe starts feeling better! enjoy your long weekend :)

3. October 24, 2014 / 9:36 AM

So jealous of your day off enjoy it! My clock in my car is set early too but I end up playing road wars to make it at a certain time. Haha! Martha got no skills on the dance floor, though I feel that way with some DVD workouts too.

4. October 24, 2014 / 10:43 AM

Enjoy your long weekend (and hopefully the rest will do your toe some good, ouch!). That headwrap is so fun, I looove the feather!

5. October 24, 2014 / 10:57 AM

I love that head wrap!! I’m so excited that you have some days to burn…I actually found the same thing out yesterday and will be off from x-mss until January 5th!!! :)

Your poor toe – that is not fun, but you’re so right better now than right before the wedding!!! That llama gif…too funny!! Happy Friday! xo

6. October 24, 2014 / 11:14 AM

I love David Guetta! LOL @ people should stop expecting me to be normal. My life! Haha!

Mmmmm bang bang shrimp! I will have to check that one out. WOB has something similar to Bang Bang shrimp and sometimes I just have to have it!

Have a great weekend!!!!

7. October 24, 2014 / 11:31 AM

Omg I love that feather head wrap! So cute!!!! Happy Friday love! Your funnies rock as always!

8. October 24, 2014 / 11:32 AM

That bang bang shrimp looks bomb! I watched the llama/alpaca gif probably a half dozen times ha.

9. October 24, 2014 / 11:41 AM

I had to grab my laptop to fix something so I’m laying here in bed reading this post. J and I have watched and re-watched that llama about a hundred times! Happy Friday Friend! (Oh, and that that woman in the chimney video? seriously? ha)

10. October 24, 2014 / 11:54 AM

oh my gosh, the ice-cream gif had me laughing for a solid minute. I seriously hate when it’s vanilla yogurt flavored with pieces of whatever flavor their advertising. Not a cool trick to shoppers! Use those vaca days girl!

11. October 24, 2014 / 11:59 AM

omg your poor toe! that’s something i would do! i’m a klutz and a half. that shrimp looks amazing. people have to stop posting recipes on the blog for me to crave at 8am. ha. and i’ll always love you for your happy endings gifs. forever and always :)

12. October 24, 2014 / 12:08 PM

I love all of your someecards! I swear someecards have gotten me to laugh on some of the roughest days :)
    And that bang bang shrimp??? Get in my belly!!! :)
    Have a great weekend!!

13. October 24, 2014 / 12:18 PM

I’m glad that I’m not the only one that found the story about the woman getting stuck in the chimney absolutely hilarious. I mean, who does that? Whack jobs, apparently. Anyways, as always I enjoyed all your favorites – you find the best funnies that get me off to a great start to the day. Have a wonderful weekend, dear! xo

14. October 24, 2014 / 12:19 PM

Holy crap that bang bang shrimp salad looks divine.

15. October 24, 2014 / 12:22 PM

YUM for that shrimp salad! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

16. October 24, 2014 / 12:31 PM

I always die laughing at myself when I do zumba and other dance workout things at home.

Jealous of your three day work weeks until January, that’s amazing.

Have a great weekend!

17. October 24, 2014 / 12:35 PM

Best of luck curing your halloween toe – that sounds awful even at “only” 2 lbs! Happy weekend!

18. October 24, 2014 / 12:38 PM

Two pound weights are no joke girlfran. We have a new arms sequence and its to Burnjng by Jessie J, so it’s fast and I’m terrified I’m gonna let go/the weights will jump from my hands and crack a mirror or something. I open ots not broken because they take forever to heal as I’m sure you know. Also I’m glad I’m not the only one with a purse that’s heavy enough to trigger the “PUT ON YOUR SEAT BELT OR ELSE!” Warning in my car

Xoxo,
    Meghan

19. October 24, 2014 / 12:45 PM

i do the same thing–the car clock is 5 min fast! hehe hope ya have a good weekend :)

20. October 24, 2014 / 12:51 PM

Yesss! My car does the same thing because of my bag…that’s probably not a good thing is it? Whoops. That salad looks heavenly!

21. October 24, 2014 / 12:52 PM

Thanks to my car clock, my subtraction skills are spectacular!

Ouch on the toe..hope it feels better soon!

22. October 24, 2014 / 12:53 PM

Yes, yes, yes to the at-home dance workouts! I’m waiting for the day when I’m caught on some secret camera I’m suuuure my husband as installed (yeah, right). But still…I close all the curtains and blinds and lock the door when that goes down :)

23. October 24, 2014 / 12:55 PM

Most of the clocks in my life are set 5-10 mins fast too. It just helps me, even though it seems weird to some. GIVE ME ALL THE BANG BANG SHRIMP!! :) Enjoy your long weekend!

24. October 24, 2014 / 12:56 PM

YUM, bang bang shrimp, so delicious!!!! Those funnies are awesome, I love Martha trying to dance…get it girl!

25. October 24, 2014 / 12:58 PM

I love your funnies – that Martha Stewart video is just too much. I heard about the crazy stalker lady getting stuck in the chimney and they had to use dish soap to get her out. bahaha Ridiculous!

26. October 24, 2014 / 1:06 PM

Mental health days are always a must! Enjoy your day off! I also nominated you for a blogger award, go to my page and check it out :)

27. October 24, 2014 / 1:11 PM

So jealous that you are working a three day week from now to January. I WISH i could do that. i so need a mental health month off. lol. Sorry to hear about your toe, hope you are back on your toes (pun intend) soon!! Good thing, you already tired on your wedding shoes!! Have a wonderful weekend.

28. October 24, 2014 / 1:20 PM

Bahaha, being normal isn’t one of my best skills either! YAY for awkwardness together! :)

AND really now, FL needs to get it shit together and realize that it’s fall. EVERYONE NEEDS HOODIES DAMMIT!!

29. October 24, 2014 / 1:29 PM

The funnies you find are always the BEST! Love that first one, there is no such thing as normal! Thumbs up for mental health days, we can always use more of those, happy weekend!

30. October 24, 2014 / 1:30 PM

Oh you poor thing, that toe sounds painful! Hope it heals quickly!

LOL at the setting your clock ahead funny, that is so me!

Also my car dings at me for my groceries and/or purse to put its seatbelt on all the time.

31. October 24, 2014 / 1:39 PM

Aww, I’m sorry about your toe. That sounds so painful. :( Also, that Bang Bang Shrimp recipe looks fantastic! Have a great weekend. :)

32. October 24, 2014 / 1:41 PM

First of all… yes, October needs to be longer! Second of all, I am SO jealous of your time off through the end of the year! That sounds like a gravy schedule! And it’s extra awesome that you’ll be able to do some extra wedding planning! Lastly, I love that headband ear warmer thing! I can never find cute ones! Have a good weekend!

33. October 24, 2014 / 1:48 PM

YAY VACATION!

And oh I totally heard about the girl getting stuck in the chimney – and I couldn’t laugh harder about it. CRAZY!!!!!

And super ouch for dropping a dumbbell on your toe. :( We were sparring on Tuesday – and Klay attempted to be a bad ass which back fired – and he lifted the nail off his big toe – it’s super Halloween-ie and gross right now.

Happy Friday!

34. October 24, 2014 / 2:09 PM

Those gifs are all too funny! I am going to check out that bang bang shrimp recipe- a lighter version sounds perfect! I hope you enjoy your day off– and I hope your toe heels quickly, that sounds so painful!

35. October 24, 2014 / 2:12 PM

Hahaha that subtraction ecard though — my clock is 4 minutes fast, but I know this, so…doesn’t work out. And those shrimp — yum! Hope you have a great weekend!
    xo Southern Style

36. October 24, 2014 / 2:15 PM

Ouch, dropping crap on my toes makes me mad, it hurts so bad! That head wrap is adorable. SCORE on being off Fridays and Monday for the rest of the year!

37. October 24, 2014 / 2:17 PM

HAHAHA that purse thing literally just happened to me this morning! Like what is that dinging?? Oh, the car thinks my massive purse is a passenger ;)

38. October 24, 2014 / 2:43 PM

That llama!!! haha!!
    I have a ton of days I need to get in before the end of the year – why I’m off all next week – yahoo!!!!
    I’m going on a ear warmer knitting spree during the week!

39. October 24, 2014 / 3:07 PM

Yes, October needs to be longer. I couldn’t agree more. SAD about your two pound weight on a toe. SADDDDDD. I cannot cannot cannot stop laughing just at the idea of someone getting stuck in a chimney #i’manawfulperson

40. October 24, 2014 / 3:36 PM

lol and what about that weirdo on the skateboard thing with his hands in the air blowing by the news anchor at the sceneLOL this is too funny. what a werido!!

41. October 24, 2014 / 3:43 PM

Shutty with that bang bang shrimp!!! I love that stuff! I love the little indian. I feel that way all the time. Martha trying to do the sexy dance, oh God. And see what I mean about online dating??? Bitches be crazy!!!

42. October 24, 2014 / 4:06 PM

Halloween toe, haha like it. (the name, not that you’re injured!) The llama gif is soooo funny. Happy Fridaaayy :)

43. October 24, 2014 / 4:37 PM

Dropping a weight SUCKS!! Even just 2 pounds. I am listening to your fav song while I type this and I am jamming out!! I LOVE it, thanks for sharing.

You have some serious days to use up and I kinda think I could get used to Fridays & Mondays off til Jan!!

That shrimp dish looks amazing and I am hungry so it makes me want to have it right now

44. October 24, 2014 / 4:49 PM

Ow to the toe!! I haven’t dropped a weight on them, but I swear I stub my ‘middle toe’ way too often! It HURTS!!! And loving that song- I need to add it to my running mix!

45. October 24, 2014 / 5:00 PM

So sorry about your toe! There’s something about injuring fingers and toes that is SOOO painful. That Martha Stewart video is going to be something I remember if I ever need cheering up. Buahahahaha! Have a great week Amanda:).

46. October 24, 2014 / 5:30 PM

OMG Martha!! Noooo!!! HAhaha … and that shrimp recipe looks awesome!!

47. October 24, 2014 / 6:30 PM

Oh god, so embarrassed for Martha. My purse is the reason the passenger seat belt is buckled, with our without an actual passenger so the little light doesn’t keep coming off and on haha. Love the softball drama bahah. Happy weekend!

48. October 24, 2014 / 6:40 PM

I used to always set my clocks ahead but it never worked in convincing me I was running late. I’d always just be like, oh I really have an extra five minutes haha!

49. October 24, 2014 / 7:14 PM

your poor toe! that sucks :( that martha gif is hilarious. cant wait for your workout post, i so need it!

50. October 24, 2014 / 7:59 PM

that’s a new-to-me song! yay! have a great weekend! xo

51. October 24, 2014 / 8:19 PM

Bang bang shrimp is my absolute favorite!! You always post delish recipes :-p I have to try making that one soon. Happy Friday!

52. October 24, 2014 / 9:20 PM

That bang bang shrimp looks Ahmazing!!! And that llama!! HA! so dang cute!!

53. October 25, 2014 / 2:13 AM

I was all but falling off my chair reading about the woman in the chimney, over a guy she met online and went on one date with. She went straight Santa on him. I hope that toe is feeling better, totally hurt me reading that!! And take your days off, you work hard and deserve them girl!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

54. October 25, 2014 / 12:42 PM

Lightened up bang bang shrimp?? OMG yes. And the setting the clock early… yes! I do that to trick myself but I definitely get better at math. Hope your toe is getting better. Enjoy that mental health day lady! xoxo

55. October 27, 2014 / 8:47 PM

Oh my gosh, that bang bang shrimp looks so good! Do you listen to the Jessie J song while making it? ;)
    I love it when I find full-length barre workouts on youtube. It totally makes my day, because I miss barre so much.
    Hahaha that gif with Martha Stewart…AWKWARD!