Weekend Update – It’s Peppermint Ice Cream Time!

Welcome back Monday.  I actually don’t mind you as much as I usually do this particular week mainly because I spent all Saturday thinking it was Sunday so basically Sunday felt like another free day.  I know.  I’m bizarre.  Seriously though I got to sleep with no alarm besides the internal one a certain somebody seems to have……I went to Barre both mornings and got some amazing shaking legs workouts in.  I got all my thank you cards done.  I mean shoot we even meal prepped and planned for the weekend. Making moves over here.  Linking up with Meghan and Biana for their weekend updates!

So my landlord was wondering when I was planning to move out of my place……you and everyone else.  I made my official move out date of January 1st.  Cue the anxious butterflies.  As I say to Mark the end game of all of this is us living with each other.  I guess Dan Marino…..(not the actual MVP Superbowl Champion) but his framed jersey is going to take up residence behind someone else’s couch pretty soon.  Not a moment too soon in my book.  I’ll take all advice about combing households that don’t involve me saying “because it looks terrible like that” because that isn’t the most constructive way of getting things done.  Anyways……..

I started off my weekend with getting a fabulous surprise in the mail!  My little sent me this Roman Numeral necklace that I have been eyeing.  She told me that she wished the Weddings she had been in prior that the bride had a blog with posts like this…..it made picking out gifts very easy!  Isn’t is perfect?

Friday night Mark wanted to “get dressed up and go out to eat“.  His words not mine.  I would say I wouldn’t believe it either but I have text evidence.  I’ll always jump at the chance to get prettied up.  We went to our favorite spot Bern’s steakhouse.  Not for the very expensive steak dinner but to sit at the bar and get burgers, steak sandwiches and drink the house wine.  Perfect meal and totally within budget.

Saturday I was up to take Barre and then starting to get my condo in order.  I have already given the first load of clothes out of my closet to some of my girlfriends.  I definitely need a round two and three.  Homegirl has a lot of clothing.  I really want to start editing down my pieces to the really good quality and versatile ones.  I need to start making some room.  I put together this outfit for the Gator game…..to watch them throw it away but I can’t even discuss.

Toms Booties on repeat | Scarf old similar here

Y’all know my love for Sally Hansen Complete Salon.  Picked up this dark navy color.  It’s a little harder to put on than the lighter colors…..because you know dark is like impossible to put on but the brush design on it makes it a lot easier.

Sunday was spent with Barre in the morning, trip to Trader Joe’s and making this amazing crockpot.  Mark is not a chicken fan but he was all over this.  One packet of ranch dry seasoning with a heavy handed pour of Franks Red Hot.  Put in the crockpot on low, then after 5-6 hours shred with a fork and let cook for up to another hour.  We put it in fajitas and had shredded spicy chicken fajitas night.  Plus leftovers for lunch total win win.  I thought it was a tiny bit too salty, I would probably add some low sodium chicken broth and a little less Red Hot.

Local peeps guess what is BOGO at Publix?!?!?  This is definitely one of my top store bought Peppermint Ice Creams.  Don’t get the slow churned version it tastes like chemicals.

Check back tomorrow for some of the things I’m Digging!  Preview absolutely loving this layered delicate look with my Wedding date necklace!

Hope you have a great start to your week!  xoxoxoxo

1. November 17, 2014 / 10:15 AM

Your nails are so cute! And I’ve never had peppermint ice cream, but it sounds yummy :)

Mili

2. November 17, 2014 / 11:49 AM

Sounds like a great weekend and yay for an official move in date!! I love the necklace your little got you and the nail polish color is so pretty – totally agree…putting dark colors on is so much harder and I often look like my 4 year old niece did my nails LOL!! Hope you have a great Monday!! xo

3. November 17, 2014 / 12:09 PM

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Loving your manicure, that color is gorgeous and the gold accent nail is perfect! Yay for your official move in date and for your new necklace! Love it! And you just reminded me I really need to clean out my closet too.. ugh. Maybe that will be a thing I tackle this week… Happy Monday love!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

4. November 17, 2014 / 12:46 PM

I love the necklace! Good luck with moving and combining households!!

5. November 17, 2014 / 1:08 PM

Your necklace! I love it!!! You and I are also on the same Toms booties train–love those little wedge boots :)
    Moving in together and kindly “editing out” some of the others’ stuff?? well, it’s a process, but I think it’s all about compromise. Definitely talk about what you guys want the space to look like–that way you have a common “goal” and no one is fighting over a jersey if that jersey doesn’t go with the overall look. You can always say “let’s save that for when we have a bigger place” haha.

6. November 17, 2014 / 1:18 PM

That slow cooker chicken recipe is one of my favorites to make! I’ve never done it as fajitas, but we usually do sliders. Isn’t it so delicious? That was so sweet that your little sent you that necklace – it’s beautiful! Glad you had a great weekend, lady!

7. November 17, 2014 / 1:21 PM

Combining households is exhausting…especially when sports memorabilia is involved. Gagggg. Been there! Good luck girl.

8. November 17, 2014 / 1:28 PM

so productive! love weekends like that. mine wasn’t as productive but hey, can’t win them all. i love that necklace. dainty necklaces are so fun to layer. and that ice cream looks delish! have some for this lactose intolerant girl! haha. happy monday xo

9. November 17, 2014 / 1:32 PM

Girllllll, why do I feel like we could be the same size with some/many clothing items?! Anything you want to send my way? I’ll pay for shipping ;)

That burger needs to get in my belly, ASAP.

10. November 17, 2014 / 1:38 PM

Looooove your gorgeous, new necklace!
    Each time I come to your blog I am itching to try a barre class! Next time we go out of town, I’m totally tracking down a class I can try since they don’t offer any in my small town!
    What a great weekend! And SO exciting to have your official move out date!

11. November 17, 2014 / 1:42 PM

i love that necklace and now im totally craving peppermint ice cream!!! YUM! btw congrats on the official move in date :) very exciting! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

12. November 17, 2014 / 1:53 PM

What a sweet gift!!!! Love that necklace, very classy.

And your nails are super cute. I’m rocking a wino red color and a sparkly vixen pink color right now – it is chipping though. I really need to take it off and redo. But, at least I am trying! right? This introvert is butterflying! haha

AND – have any cute tops to send to me? hehehehe

13. November 17, 2014 / 1:57 PM

Glad that you had a nice weekend! LOL at Mark and wanting to get dressed up and go to dinner. Love your new necklace, and I love layering necklaces like that. That ice cream sounds good and so does that recipe. I use low sodium chicken broth all of the time, and sometimes you can find low sodium mixes like that ranch stuff. I hope that you are having a good day so far too!

14. November 17, 2014 / 2:25 PM

Loooooving that nail polish combo! And yay for an official move out date! You’ll figure out what works best for you guys as far as combining your space and things–it’ll just work out!

15. November 17, 2014 / 2:44 PM

Can’t wait to a home tour after the move ;) I love how you guys do your date night – RIGHT! Happy Monday lovely :)

16. November 17, 2014 / 2:54 PM

I love that necklace! I want a gold bar one so bad! And that recipe sounds so yummy! I’m going to have to write that down! I’m all about some Frank’s Hot Sauce these days!

17. November 17, 2014 / 3:02 PM

I have zero advice for the combining households – good luck! I am obsessed with that necklace, and the toms booties, so cute!

18. November 17, 2014 / 3:03 PM

Always a bonus when you feel like you have an extra day, can’t beat that! I could ALWAYS use an extra day! Combine houses isn’t any easy project, sometimes you just have to wait it out, or make changes when he’s not around ;) sometimes/most of the times, they don’t even notice! Good luck!

19. November 17, 2014 / 3:05 PM

I absolutely LOVE that necklace! beautiful! And yes, let’s not even talk about the Gators…rough to say the least. I feel like combining homes isn’t really that bad actually. It’s all about compromise :) It’s going to be great!! no more overnight bags :)

20. November 17, 2014 / 3:09 PM

i can’t decide what’s prettier: the necklace or your nails. LOVE love love the nails. i think it’s so cute that mark wanted to get dressed up and go out. and ummm when i first typed out his name i typed “market”…clearly shopping is on my brain. what’s new?

21. November 17, 2014 / 3:11 PM

I love when michael wants to get dressed up. But I love the idea of peppermint ice cream even more- YUM!

22. November 17, 2014 / 3:35 PM

I really love that nail color. I need to go through my clothes too. I was staring in my closet yesterday thinking “you don’t wear half of that…get rid of it!”

23. November 17, 2014 / 4:48 PM

Oh i so love that necklace!! That burger looks great! I started cleaning out my closets this weekend as well. I have so much stuff. I am not buying anything until I have gone through all my closets and start editing it. LOL. Hopefully, I can stick with this decision.

24. November 17, 2014 / 5:13 PM

I’ve had that roman numeral necklace on my wish list ever since you wrote that post! I just can’t decide on what chain length on want…wanh wanh, such struggles ;)

25. November 17, 2014 / 5:42 PM

Looks like you had a pretty fun weekend- getting dressed up and going out to eat is my favorite!! (possibly because I don’t like to cook) And loving those nails with the glitter :)

26. November 17, 2014 / 6:19 PM

I love how you layered that pretty new bling! Perfect date night – Mark is such a genius ;)

27. November 17, 2014 / 6:56 PM

I love mint everythinggg at this time of year, haha. So good. Love the necklace. :) The brush in the Sally Hansen salon bottles is awesome. Definitely makes applying polish easier!

28. November 17, 2014 / 7:06 PM

I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am about BOGO peppermint ice cream because a Publix JUST opened near my apartment and I’m jumping for joy. They’ve been expanding like crazy in Charlotte since the beginning of the year and I’m all about it.

Totally love the necklace and the layered look- what a great gift and a great way to style it. Aren’t thoughtful littles the best?

xoxo,
    Meghan
    Southern Belle Secrets

29. November 17, 2014 / 7:08 PM

Peppermint ice cream is so delicious! I kind of like that it’s only available now or I’d have no room in my freezer for anything else. Ever.

That necklace is awesome! If I didn’t already have a necklace with my daughter’s birthday, I’d absolutely do that!

30. November 17, 2014 / 7:10 PM

Pulled anything/anything I can make in the crock pot always sounds good to me. Adding the ranch in sounds like it would be amazing! What’s that glittery colour you have on with the navy? My magpie tendencies are telling me I need to add it to my collection!

31. November 17, 2014 / 7:32 PM

Mmm burgers and ice cream? My kinda girl!!! I will have to try that peppermint ice cream…sounds fab! I was just at Publix yesterday to! drat! Didn’t even go down the ice cream aisle. Silly Nadine!

LOVE the necklace!!!! Love anything I can make in the crock pot!

32. November 17, 2014 / 7:38 PM

Gosh those necklaces look so gorgeous & delicate together, love that look! I’ve been telling Dustin I have a hankering to get dressed up and go out soon, maybe he’ll come home and say it to me ;) Alright, I’m starting to like more and more peppermint things so I’m going to have to try this ice cream!

33. November 17, 2014 / 7:48 PM

Love the necklace!

34. November 17, 2014 / 9:00 PM

I’m going to have to keep my eyes out for that ice cream. I’ve been on a huuuuge peppermint kick lately. Like, I may or may not have eaten half a bag of giant Hershey’s peppermint bark kisses yesterday…. oops.

35. November 17, 2014 / 9:42 PM

That crockpot chicken looks AMAZING! May have to steal your recipe!

We typically like to sit at the bar too at restaurants, we enjoy the drink specials and watching the game on tv plus we get to sit closer ;-)

36. November 17, 2014 / 10:38 PM

Ohh I love your nails and your necklaces, so pretty! That crockpot chicken looks amazing! Oh my gosh peppermint ice cream is my FAV. It is so very dangerous for me to know Publix has that on BOGO right now!

37. November 17, 2014 / 11:28 PM

Okay, it took me quite a bit of trial and error, but I’ve found that the Anchor Bar buffalo sauces helps cut the saltiness of the crockpot chicken! That and only using half of the ranch packet, makes it much more doable. Can you tell I’m obsessed with that recipe?

38. November 18, 2014 / 12:04 AM

I’m with Courtney… use only half the ranch packet. I love Frank’s more than Anchor Bar, but that’s because my husband is a Buffaloian snob. I am definitely trying that recipe though. Love your Toms booties too! And I am SO pumped you got your necklace. xo

39. November 18, 2014 / 12:51 AM

hellz yeah to the peppermint in ALL THE THINGS!!
    I’ve been adding peppermint schnapps to hot chocolate for a while now and if I don’t add it, the hot chocolate doesn’t seem complete.
    Finally, Target has these HUGEEEE York Peppermint patties for sale in the seasonal area. I’m torn being feeling like it’s ridiculous and wanting to buy them.
    PEPPERMINT ALL THE THINGS!

40. November 18, 2014 / 1:10 AM

Loving this necklace! Just got one for my girlfriend for her wedding and thinking I need my own!

And that burger looks amazing….as does that chicken. I’m always down for a great crockpot chicken recipe!

41. November 18, 2014 / 1:55 AM

Oh Lord, I need that peppermint ice cream in my life stat! Loving your new necklace, I have it in silver and it goes with everything!! Hope the stuffed peppers were awesome tonight! :)

42. November 18, 2014 / 2:34 AM

Love that necklace, you can wear that with anything! You and your busy weekends make me feel like such a slacker!
    ~Elise @ highheelsglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

43. November 18, 2014 / 2:41 AM

Ok I love that necklace!!

44. November 18, 2014 / 1:45 PM

I love your nails!! Funny my Marc is not a chicken fan either, but I’m making chicken scampi tonight so he can deal with it lol. Btw that burger looks so good! xo

45. November 18, 2014 / 2:57 PM

Love that necklace! Sounds like a perfect weekend! Eeeeek for the official moving date!!! I don’t have any advice for ya… I still deal with that same crap of trying to explain to my husband why his hideous deer paintings just don’t look good in the living room! :)

46. November 19, 2014 / 6:06 AM

i love that roman numeral necklace. and i can’t believe i’m just now realizing your wedding date is Feb 20th – that’s my birthday! definitely a great day :) and that crockpot chicken looks great, i’m going to have to try that recipe.

47. November 20, 2014 / 11:15 PM

I LOVE that Sally Hansen brand polish! So funny because I just put on a fresh coat and was browsing blogs while it dries (which is super fast!) It seriously is the best brush ever!!

48. Pingback: Profile Blog