Friday Favorites – Warmer Weather In Sight

I am so glad this week is over.  I pretty much felt like I was playing catch up all week since my weekend was essentially stolen by United Airlines who btw tried to offer me $75 for my “inconvenience” after I sat on hold for an hour to then be transferred to a voicemail that said the refund department was closed at 4pm.  Do you think the initial person would have told me that????  I can’t even. How many complaints to the Better Business Bureau do you think they have because I’m drafting my letter tomorrow. Anyways…..this weekend is going to be about getting outside into the beautiful sunshine, catching up on life and sneaking a few classes in.  Can’t wait!

Let’s get right into these favorites!

Favorite Song

I am so in love with the song my photographer used for our picture slideshow.  I thought it deserved a shout out today.  Wild Cub “Thunder Clatter”.

“I hear it call in the center of it all.  You’re the love of my life, the love of my life”

Favorite Recipe

True life in our household we could probably eat shrimp every single night.  I made this and Mark is still talking about how good it was.  Grilled Shrimp with roasted garlic-cilatro sauce full recipe here.

Favorite Workout

Bathing suit season will be here before we know it!  Got to work on those booties.  Full workout here.

Favorite Purchase

What has my life come to honestly.  This portable steamer has been my latest obsession.  Seriously isn’t it the worst when you pull stuff out of your bag and it’s all wrinkled.  This little bad boy is affordable and works so well!  My little brought it to the wedding and steamed all the bridesmaids dresses and when I saw it when I was returning finishing stuff off our registry I scooped it up.  It works so well!  No more ironing for this one over here.  Grab it you won’t regret it!

Favorite Funnies

Every single day of my life

They are outside every single grocery store!!!  I even give myself a pep talk before I go in
Followed by this exact feeling

The one thing I don’t miss about my old condo…..the sunken living room with two steps down into it

When I get called out for wearing a particularly fashion forward blogging type of outfit to run errands in

True life.  I make Mark cheers forks/chopsticks/burritos/cupcakes etc every time before we eat.
When you accidentally almost fall asleep on the shoulder of the person next to you on the plane
Finally!  The mystery solved of why my flight was really delayed!

Your turn!  Tell me your favorites from the week and make sure to stop by and check out all the fabulous people who have linked up as well as my amazing sponsors including Christina who is a new Mrs!  I loved seeing all her wedding pictures!

BWS tips button

1. March 13, 2015 / 4:07 AM

Absolutely love that you make Mark cheers before you eat anything! I do the same with John… even if it is just spoons for ice cream :) Must be love! ;)

2. March 13, 2015 / 4:11 AM

Oh my gosh I am cracking up laughing at the joust on the tarmac stairs. Am I wrong for that??
    Those garlic shrimp look delicious! I see why you could eat those every day!
    I’m looking forward to all that warm weather you are having, seems Australia just figured out that the summer is over and we’ve got a big cold front! Two week countdown starts tomorrow. Can’t wait.
    Enjoy your weekend.

3. March 13, 2015 / 4:44 AM

LOLOLOL the tarmac ninjas!!! I am dying. I can’t wait to try out that shrimp recipe. It looks scrumptious!! Have a fabulous weekend, gorgeous girl!

4. March 13, 2015 / 4:52 AM

i was honesty going to ask you what the name of the song was. Love it! haha that fat cat is too cute tho! That shrimp looks soon yummy!!

5. March 13, 2015 / 5:16 AM

The little girl with the dog snapping at her – hahahahahaaaaa! And, the fat kitty – I love all kitty memes :)

6. March 13, 2015 / 9:55 AM

Gonna check out that workout. I had a dream the other night that it was the day before we left before vacation and I was upset because I hadn’t been working out much. I kept thinking to myself how could I let this happen? It was ridiculous lol. I guess it was a sign though lol. The gifs are hilarious as always. The Taylor Swift thing!! hah xo Have a great weekend!!

7. March 13, 2015 / 9:57 AM

I definitely need that bubble butt workout LOL! I could use a butt in general! LOL love the jousting using the plane stairs. although that fall is not messing around! I think the fall from a horse is a bit… less painful? Maybe? Happy Friday love!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

8. March 13, 2015 / 10:03 AM

I need to check out that steamer, I hate to iron. I have fortunately dodged the girl scout cookies since I never carry cash. Win! The sleeping meme, that was me at work twice this week. It was rough.

9. March 13, 2015 / 10:40 AM

I definitely need that steamer! That workout is something I definitely need to try, and that shrimp um nom nom nom nom. Also, I too love thin mints and samoa’s, those dang girl scout cookies. That gif about why planes are delayed had me cracking up haha!!!

10. March 13, 2015 / 10:42 AM

I hadn’t seen that steamer before but I feel like it would be super helpful! We have a huge one at our house from our wedding that’s awesome, but obviously that doesn’t really travel well (it has wheels haha).
    Love all of your funnies….cheersing with utensils etc haha and the airport one! I certainly hope they weren’t doing that to delay your flight–and if they were, they should have at least invited you!! Have a great weekend friend!!!

11. March 13, 2015 / 10:48 AM

Going to have to check out that steamer and that workout! We have a rolling steamer too and while it gets the job done, the cord always tangles and the steam won’t work making it a long process! Excited to link up for the first time today! Have an awesome weekend!

12. March 13, 2015 / 10:48 AM

I love that first picture – I want a little nook like that to read in!!! When I read “bubble butt” I immediately started singing the song…couldn’t even help it!!! Hope you have the best weekend with your hubby and enjoy the weather love! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

13. March 13, 2015 / 11:01 AM

Oh my gosh, that little girl who’s falling asleep and then the dog barks. Awww, poor thing! I’m loving that “so she did” pillow. That whole room is just so girly and… neutral! Happy weekend! Enjoy this one.

14. March 13, 2015 / 11:31 AM

Those are some extra funny “funnies” this week girl! My husband and I were discussing how we need to eat more shrimp just last night so I’m definitely pinning that yummy looking recipe!

15. March 13, 2015 / 11:58 AM

Clothing steamers are a life-changer! I don’t have the fancy portable one but do love mine because it has a hanging rack so I feel all “retail” while doing it :) Happy weekend!

16. March 13, 2015 / 12:00 PM

Yum! That shrimp looks so delicious! A portable steamer?! That’s fantastic and I need it. That eating ecard.. so true! Favorite part is that you and Mark cheers before every meal!

17. March 13, 2015 / 12:05 PM

ALready pinned that shrimp, sounds delicious! That kid and the dog, lmao! Love that pillow and the comfy looking chair. So springy!! Happy Friday!

18. March 13, 2015 / 12:12 PM

That steamer is the best idea I’ve seen in a long time. Have you ever had to iron curtains? It’s a pain! I was cursing for a steamer just a few weekends ago. And that dogs face is funnier than the little girls, I think! Have a great weekend!

19. March 13, 2015 / 12:26 PM

i am the worst wife/person/human – i never iron or steam anything. if i pull something out of the wash and it’s wrinkled, i wear it anyway. ain’t nobody got time to iron because lazy :D

20. March 13, 2015 / 12:30 PM

oh my, I love this! I have to link up next week!! the shrimp looks amazing!!

21. March 13, 2015 / 12:31 PM

haha my coworker just walked by and goes “THAT LOOKS DELICIOUS” so i learned two things – everyone is watching me and yes, that recipe looks awesome! ha. also i have that steamer and i just love it! i actually got rid of my ironing board bc i hate ironing that much. it’s great. have a good weekend!

22. March 13, 2015 / 12:35 PM

I did eat an entire box of thin mints one day this week and it was glorious! That steamer is amazing! Definitely need to invest in one! Happy weekend girlfriend!

23. March 13, 2015 / 12:40 PM

My butt hurts just LOOKING at that workout!!!!!
    That jousting is hilarious!!

24. March 13, 2015 / 12:51 PM

Definitely looking forward to some nicer weather! Ugh, United is a wreck. We are having issues with them too about a previous booking. They are not fun to work with! Haha to that picture of the little girl falling asleep. Definitely been there with falling asleep on a strangers shoulder on a plane. Have a great weekend :) Winks and Eyerolls

25. March 13, 2015 / 12:58 PM

Ahhhh I need that steamer! I’ve not ironed anything in months- when I’m home I have a nifty feature on my dryer that steams/ freshens clothes, but this is perfect for the road! -Dorrie @ Bear Den Plantation

26. March 13, 2015 / 12:59 PM

I have been on the hunt for girl scout cookies and can’t find them anywhere! I’m so upset, I didn’t get a box of thin mints. Boo. I so need that steamer!!! Have a great weekend, Lady. Hope you and your hubby get to spend some time together.

27. March 13, 2015 / 1:04 PM

Gimme that bubble butt!! Lovin’ that t=swift funny haha I for some reason read it in a napolean dynamite type voice hahaha (easily amused) have a great weekend!

28. March 13, 2015 / 1:04 PM

Who decided girl scout cookies should come out right before bikini season? Poor planning girl scouts.. poor planning. I love shrimp and am totally saving that recipe!

29. March 13, 2015 / 1:07 PM

That one .gif of the baby almost falling asleep on the dog’s pillow really hit me funny this morning, and now I can’t stop cracking up. Hilarious! I loved the music in your wedding video (I forgot to mention that in my comment Wednesday), and I am SO purchasing that portable steamer. What a great find! Have a great weekend, lady!

30. March 13, 2015 / 1:10 PM

I hate when companies do that! Sometimes I think they are just upset with the company they work for so they want to make it worse on the customers. Thanks for the workout! I can’t wait to try it and I am also about to get that steamer! I despise ironing!

31. March 13, 2015 / 1:18 PM

Ugh, that sucks about the hold. Whenever I call companies and crap like that happens it reminds me how dumb people really can be!

That GIF of the little girl cracked me up – poor thing! Have a great weekend!

32. March 13, 2015 / 1:24 PM

That steamer sounds great, I was actually just thinking I needed one the other day as I was ironing and hating every minute of it. I eat so much every morning, I hear you – it’s just how it goes! That shrimp looks so yummy. Enjoy your weekend soaking up the sun!

33. March 13, 2015 / 1:30 PM

wild cub is so great. they came to charleston a while back. suuuuper nice guys!

34. March 13, 2015 / 1:39 PM

I need that steamer. I have one, but it’s so bulky that I rarely pull it out to use. And then I just have messy wrinkly clothes!

35. March 13, 2015 / 1:41 PM

HAHA that last one! I feel like that would make me feel the slightest bit better if that were the reason my plane was delayed. I have been eating shrimp like it’s going out of style this week, so I’m happy you are on the same page. :) And having a steamer has changed my life, as dorky as that sounds. It’s seriously amazing. I use it every day.

prosecco in the park

36. March 13, 2015 / 1:46 PM

Cheersing with food is the best!! ;) that grilled shrimp recipe has my mouth watering and I’m saving it now!

37. March 13, 2015 / 1:47 PM

The mystery of your flight gif, HA! I bet that’s exactly what they were doing, actually. And that shrimp looks SO good – I wish good fresh shrimp wasn’t so expensive here! I got it for so dang cheap when I lived in coastal Georgia. Ahhhh, memories.

38. March 13, 2015 / 1:50 PM

Sorry to hear about the airlines thing :-/ I hope it gets worked out! That shrimp sounds amazing – we could eat it every day too! I’m going to have to try that recipe. I pinned that workout so I can start doing it – I need to do something since I haven’t been making it to the gym. Those first three ecards…totally me. And that last gif is hilarious!

39. March 13, 2015 / 1:55 PM

You guys seriously make the best recipes! I could eat shrimp for every meal, too so I can’t wait to try this one! Happy Friday pretty lady!

40. March 13, 2015 / 1:56 PM

I have a bigger steamer and I am OBSESSED with it. I am a terrible ironer (I create larger and deeper wrinkles) so I steam everything instead.

41. March 13, 2015 / 2:10 PM

My mother is a constant cheers-er.

I don’t iron, ever. My step mom asked for a steamer for Christmas and loves it. Maybe I should get that.

42. March 13, 2015 / 2:13 PM

We have been looking for a steamer! I need to check that one out.
    Happy weekend, friend!

43. March 13, 2015 / 2:18 PM

That song in your slideshow was beautiful, thanks for sharing who it is by! :-) That cat on the couch is how I felt last night when I came home after my dinner date with my BFF. Haha. Screw United too!! I hope that you have a fabulous weekend lady!! :-)

44. March 13, 2015 / 2:20 PM

That’s so cute you two cheers with your food and cutlery. I’m going to try that tonight at dinner and see how K responds…haha. I’ve also totally fallen victim to thin mints for the year already. Ugh… Happy Friday lady!!

45. March 13, 2015 / 3:12 PM

Send the BBB ALL of the letters! That’s just plain old ridiculous! That steamer will be mine, also. Super necessary!! Happy weekend girl! xoxo

46. March 13, 2015 / 3:30 PM

a personal steamer? yes please. now I’m craving shrimp. and I LOVE that song!!

47. March 13, 2015 / 3:43 PM

I’m sorry you had such a horrible flight experience! Ugh! That makes traveling no fun. I need that steamer asap! In the meantime, I throw my wrinkled shirt + a wet washcloth in the dryer and it’s doing the trick.. for now. Ha! So funny– The Girl Scout cookies! My husband bought me 3 boxes last week.. I am surprised there are still some left!!

Have a great weekend!

Jill @ capriandcoblog.com

48. March 13, 2015 / 4:09 PM

Hahahaha, those damn GS cookies! They are like lil’ cute drug dealers, lol. In other news, YUM to the shrimp!

49. March 13, 2015 / 4:27 PM

I have that travel steamer too and it has saved me so many times! Worth every penny! Have a great weekend :)

50. March 13, 2015 / 5:27 PM

You need some R&R after the nightmare that is flying United! Your wedding photographer was ah-mazing, such a sweet song in the video. I wish I lived in FL so he could shoot my wedding! That bubble butt workout needs to occur like ASAP for me! I just ate an entire sleeve of thin mints at my desk…#lifefail! The flight ninjas gif is hilarious!!!

51. March 13, 2015 / 5:52 PM

Omg the thing about falling asleep on the airplane is so true!! haha. And one of the girls at the bach party brought that same steamer and I seriously want one… it’s so tiny and perfect for those of us that LOATHE ironing. Have a great weekend!! xo

52. March 13, 2015 / 6:12 PM

Those shrimp sound delicious! And I need to get right on those exercises…bathing suit season made it’s debut here last weekend and needless to say, I am not prepared haha

53. March 13, 2015 / 6:30 PM

Okay, some serious laughs here with those videos. Especially the little girl! Happy Friday!

54. March 13, 2015 / 6:40 PM

I have two of those exact steamers! One for work in my office and one in my apartment. They’re do a great job, stow away nicely and pack easily. Plus they’re pretty resilient, mine have taken a few beatings. As a,ways, I love all of your funnies. I haven’t had a chance to watch the wedding video yet but I’m absolutely dying to do so! Have a great weekend, lovely!

xoxo,
    Meghan
    Southern Belle Secrets

55. March 13, 2015 / 7:33 PM

I love that song!!! Ok, def making that shrimp. I sometimes dress up for no apparent reason and I feel foolish until I go out and realize how much better I look than all the women in their pajama pants at Target. I’m so awful lol

56. March 13, 2015 / 8:49 PM

Hahahaha oh my gosh, the dog and the little girl int that funny, so cute! That portable steamer looks awesome, I HATE ironing and pretty much never do it so this would be great to have! Hope you have a great weekend!

57. March 13, 2015 / 9:37 PM

I definitely need that steamer – I hate, hate to iron! And as always, your funnies are on point! I love the chopsticks one – my son just learned “cheers” and will do it with any and everything, so that made me smile big time! Hope you have a great weekend!! xoxo

58. March 13, 2015 / 9:55 PM

That shrimp looks good! I have been saying for years that I want a steamer. Why do I now have one yet?? And that first ecard is my life haha! Have a great weekend :)

59. March 13, 2015 / 11:48 PM

Love that shrimp recipe! I love my steamer! Hands down best investment. I ate all the girl scout cookies we had for dinner one night. Hope you have a great weekend! xo

60. March 14, 2015 / 5:20 PM

Yummy shrimp!! I am definitely going to try that ubble butt workout!! Hope youre having a great weekend!

61. March 16, 2015 / 1:43 AM

What an amazing song that your photographer selected for your pictures! And that Shrimp recipe looks delicious! Xo, Stephanie

62. March 16, 2015 / 3:40 PM

that shrimp sounds AHHHmazing. and i need that steamer in my life – no more ironing?? :)

63. March 17, 2015 / 12:16 AM

Amen to the ecard about eating breakfast lunch and dinner by 10am. That’s definitely a struggle for me. Ha! That steamer sounds like a god send! I need one of those in my life! I’m putting it on my Christmas wish list right now! Lol.