Abstract Summer Dresses

When I was building my wardrobe for Greece I wanted a few fun prints to contrast all the white washed backdrops and a pop of blue to play off all the accompanying rooftops.  When I found this dress it channeled my inner hippie chic.  I initially wanted to pair it with all my gladiator sandals but thought an edgier boot would balance out the carefree boho look of it.  Of course because let’s call it a gift it is already sold out but you know I found you some great abstract Summer dress alternatives!

Abstract Summer DressAbstract Summer DressesAbstract dress

Dress by F21 sold out but similar here

Boots FRYE Amazon here essential waterproof boot spray here.

Hat from Target find it here

Sunnies by Vince Camuto find it here

Shop this post!

So what are your thoughts on these abstract prints for the Summer?  Do you tend to dress them up or down?  We leave tomorrow!!!!  Between all my family members and friends, our place will have house guests while we are gone.  That Florida living is hard to say no to!  Tell me all the things I can’t forget tomorrow!  Already packed my converters!  A girl needs her straightening iron am I right?  xoxoxo

Follow me on Bloglovin ||  Follow my looks along on Instagram || Get my latest blog posts daily to your email here || Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook || Check my latest tweet here

Share:

60 responses to “Abstract Summer Dresses”

1. I’m in love with that dress! And your pictures! Have SO MUCH FUN in Greece! I’m so excited for you!

Her Heartland Soul

2. Pinky says:

That dress looks amazing!!!! And it’s going to look so fab against the Grecian backdrops! I love that you paired it with the boots, very fresh look.

Remember your eye mask for the flight so you can sleep and don’t worry about posting too many pictures of us back home. Just enjoy your time with your husband :)!

3. Jenn says:

Love the look! Such pretty colors!
    Have SO MUCH FUN on your honeymoon! Do whatever it is that makes you happy. And enjoy every moment of it (duh!) :)

4. You are going to have the best time ever!!! I think that dress is perfect for Greece…the boots you might be too hot in but are still so fun!!! Can’t wait for all the pictures! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

5. You look so great in that hat! Hope you have the best time ever. What a magical place to visit.

6. Love it! You were MADE for boho looks babe! Have THE BEST time in Greece!! I’m freaking out for you!

7. Love this dress. I love the print and I love the cut. Perfection!

8. Gorgeous dress, loving the beautiful print. You are going to rock it in Greece <3

9. Have so much fun!!!!!!

10. ah that dress is super cute! and love me some good frye boots. so classic :) have fun on your trip love! i cannot wait to hear all about it :)

11. LOVE everything about this! I tried on a similar dress at F21 that was all white but it was completely see through so I didn’t get it. Love this one though, of course it’s sold out! Can’t wait to hear ALL about your Greece adventures!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

12. Audrey says:

Hi Amanda! Visiting from TBB! :) So funny you’d write about this today because my hubs and I are leaving for Europe on Friday and I shared my Europe travel essentials today on the blog. I’m big on photography so I’m bringing almost every camera I own. Also, since the nights are cooler, I’m packing two spring jackets because we all know Florida girls freeze below 70 degrees. :) Two non-traditional items I’m bringing are a white noise maker for sleep (we’re staying in some bigger cities) and a filtered water bottle.

I hope you have a wonderful time and that dress is adorable! Loving prints for summer – especially in rompers and maxis. xx

Audrey | http://www.keygypsy.com

13. Aimee says:

Love the abstract prints. Have an AMAZING time!!

14. this is perfect for summer! i have an upcoming beach trip and would love something like this. i’m a sucker for a pup in a pic, i gotta say! have a great wednesday!

15. Ahhhh, you leave tomorrow?! Have SO much fun! Obvi, the dress is gorgeous on you and will be perfect for Greece. But do you know what I noticed in your photos? That adorable dog! Who’s is she/he? Love that cute pup!

16. Traci says:

So exciting! Have a great trip! Don’t forget your camera ;)
    Traci
    waltzmetoheaven.com

17. Ally says:

Gorgeous dress and I love the hat paired with it! Have the best time on your trip!!

18. Karly says:

That dress is too cute and will be perfect for your trip. Have so much fun! Travel safe!

19. jillian says:

i love that pattern. xo cute. xo

20. Caroline says:

Pretty dress and it looks great on you. But girl, you are going to roast in those boots!! :-) Nice work on packing the converters too, very important!! Haha. YAY to leaving tomorrow too!! SO exciting!!! I hope that you have an incredible time and can’t wait to see all of your pictures and hear all about it. :-)

Safe travels to you and the hubs too!!! :-)

21. Marie says:

Love that dress! Have the best time in Greece, I cannot wait to hear all about it. Take lots of pictures. As for your flat iron, only bring it if it’s dual voltage. Otherwise, it might not work. Personally, I think you should embrace the beachy hair while you are there and leave the iron home. Use that extra space to buy yourself a present. Don’t forget Sunscreen. Safe Travels.

22. Love the dress, especially paired with the boots! And have SO MUCH FUN!!!! So excited for you!!

23. Darcy says:

SO cute! Fun printed dressses that are easy to slip on like this are vacation must haves!

24. Courtney B says:

Tomorrrrrrrow! Ah! I’m soooooo excited for you! And I’m wondering how my pregnant body would handle being folded up in your suit case… ha ha! Just kidding :)
    This dress is gorgeous! You are gonna knock ’em dead in Greece!

25. Carly says:

LOVE that dress! I hope you have an amazing trip – can’t wait to read the recaps!

26. Melanie says:

This dress is perfect for the summer! I need it!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

27. Jaelan says:

That is the cutest hat ever!!! Ah! I think I need it.

28. Enjoying the abstract prints! You look great. We tend to keep them dressed down but done right they can go either way. Have the most amazing time on your trip and safe travels! Winks and Eyerolls

29. Love that dress, you look amazing! Have the best time!!

30. Love the colors in the dress and how it matches with your sunnies! Have a fabulous time on your trip!! Yes to converters and straightening iron. i would have totally forgot about packing those! lol

31. Jodi says:

So cute! Love it! I love wearing dresses all summer long. So easy to throw on quick and look put together! Is that your dog? Cutie!!

32. Lindsay says:

Where you’re going all you need are bikinis and flowy dresses! I love that hat and cannot believe it is Target! You must have magical Targets where you live!

33. Dona Stewart says:

Wide band-aids (in case of blisters), basic travel meds such as anti-diarrhea, advil, baggie of Benefiber to keep you regular, Alka-Selzer cold plus tablets, at least 10-15 (good for hangovers & cold-like symptoms), hand sanitizer & travel-size baby wipes (not all your restrooms along the way are pristine), his & hers eye masks, lots of ziplock baggies, shoes you can walk in…tons of stairs & uneven walkways, a few linen handkerchiefs to blot your face when you “glow”..tissue just doesn’t work. And most important, pack your sense of humor and patience. So excited for you both!

34. Gorgeous dress… love the blue hues in all of them!! And these photos too ;)

35. I can’t believe it’s finally here!! I’m so excited for you guys. Love the dress and I think it will be perfect for Greece. I tend to lean towards dresses with patterns because it hides a lot. Don’t forget your passports! And some nausea medicine for the plane. I never knew I got “plane sickness” until I was on a 16 hour flight to Rwanda!

36. Helene says:

I love the bright colors in this whole shot!! those sunglasses are my fave!

37. Shannon says:

LOVE IT! The boots are a perfect pairing with this dress. I’m not sure if I could pull off an abstract print, but I would definitely be willing to try :)

Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

38. Shelby says:

Love the color combo (and your cute companion!).

39. I am loving these prints and love how you paired with Frye boots! Xo, Stephanie

40. Rebecca Jo says:

Whose Aussie dog?!?!?!?!?! We are big Aussie lovers in our house :)

41. Kiki says:

Summer time is made for all the fun prints! I was this close to buying a dress with motor cycle prints all over it. It was precious, just didn’t fit perfectly and I promised myself I’d only start purchasing pieces I fell in love with as soon as I tried them on. But hey I’ve got some floral, leave, and crazy abstract prints in my closet just waiting to break into the summer weather! Have a great time on your honey moon! Safe travels to you and your husband and I hope the two of you make magical memories together. (:

42. GREAT summer dress… I adore your alternative. The geo-print one from Forever 21 is super cute!! Cool sunglasses, too! :o)

Amber
    All the Cute
    Today’s Post: Neutrals & Acid Washed (Earrings giveaway, too!)

43. Owen Davis says:

Sooooo freaking jealous of you right now! TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!! Cannot wait to see pics!

44. Nadine says:

That dress is amazing!!! I love the color and the print! I cant even imagine how overwhelming it is to pack for a trip to another country. You dont want to forget the important daily things :)

45. Jessica says:

This dress is perfection! I love the sungies too!

xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

46. Lora says:

Love love love the entire look! :) (Those boots are just beyond fabulous btw!)

47. Have the best time my dear! Love the prints on you. But I love most everything on you. :)

48. Kayla MKOY says:

You look adorable! As always! I can’t wait to see what else you rock on this amazing trip!!

49. Mili says:

Yes to abstract prints! I think they work well with strappy sandals and heavy boots like you’ve got here. They just work with everything :)

Mili

50. Lindsay says:

These abstract dresses are perfect for Greece! Love all the blue and white!! Have a great trip!!

pinkandnavystripes.com

51. Ashley says:

I just love easy + breezy dresses like this! You look so cute here, doll!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

52. Kaley says:

I Love this look!! The dress is adorable!

xoxo

Kaley

My Closet Life Blog

53. Tori says:

You look gorgeous! Are you as addicted to your FRYE boots as I am to mine?!

54. Brooke says:

Have fun on your trip! It’s going to be amazing. I personally love abstract prints and love the print you’re wearing!

Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

55. you look so cute, I am loving that dress! and the scenery is seriously freaking beautiful haha there are literally bananas growing behind you. have such a great time on your trip!!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

56. Loving that dress! I love pairing print bottoms with a basic tee :) I cannot wait to hear about your trip! You need to tell me all of the must-hit stops!!

xo, Jen

57. Lyddiegal says:

I love blue and white floral prints for summer – dressed up or down, they are always perfect.
    Chic on the Cheap

58. Kristen says:

this is an adorable dress! hope you’re having the best time on your honeymoon!