Abstract Summer Dresses

When I was building my wardrobe for Greece I wanted a few fun prints to contrast all the white washed backdrops and a pop of blue to play off all the accompanying rooftops.  When I found this dress it channeled my inner hippie chic.  I initially wanted to pair it with all my gladiator sandals but thought an edgier boot would balance out the carefree boho look of it.  Of course because let’s call it a gift it is already sold out but you know I found you some great abstract Summer dress alternatives!

Abstract Summer DressAbstract Summer DressesAbstract dress

Dress by F21 sold out but similar here

Boots FRYE Amazon here essential waterproof boot spray here.

Hat from Target find it here

Sunnies by Vince Camuto find it here

Shop this post!

So what are your thoughts on these abstract prints for the Summer?  Do you tend to dress them up or down?  We leave tomorrow!!!!  Between all my family members and friends, our place will have house guests while we are gone.  That Florida living is hard to say no to!  Tell me all the things I can’t forget tomorrow!  Already packed my converters!  A girl needs her straightening iron am I right?  xoxoxo

Follow me on Bloglovin ||  Follow my looks along on Instagram || Get my latest blog posts daily to your email here || Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook || Check my latest tweet here

1. May 13, 2015 / 6:07 AM

That dress looks amazing!!!! And it’s going to look so fab against the Grecian backdrops! I love that you paired it with the boots, very fresh look.

Remember your eye mask for the flight so you can sleep and don’t worry about posting too many pictures of us back home. Just enjoy your time with your husband :)!

2. May 13, 2015 / 6:38 AM

Love the look! Such pretty colors!
    Have SO MUCH FUN on your honeymoon! Do whatever it is that makes you happy. And enjoy every moment of it (duh!) :)

3. May 13, 2015 / 6:44 AM

You are going to have the best time ever!!! I think that dress is perfect for Greece…the boots you might be too hot in but are still so fun!!! Can’t wait for all the pictures! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

4. May 13, 2015 / 6:56 AM

Love it! You were MADE for boho looks babe! Have THE BEST time in Greece!! I’m freaking out for you!

5. May 13, 2015 / 7:49 AM

Love this dress. I love the print and I love the cut. Perfection!

6. May 13, 2015 / 8:34 AM

ah that dress is super cute! and love me some good frye boots. so classic :) have fun on your trip love! i cannot wait to hear all about it :)

7. May 13, 2015 / 8:43 AM

LOVE everything about this! I tried on a similar dress at F21 that was all white but it was completely see through so I didn’t get it. Love this one though, of course it’s sold out! Can’t wait to hear ALL about your Greece adventures!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

8. May 13, 2015 / 8:44 AM

Hi Amanda! Visiting from TBB! :) So funny you’d write about this today because my hubs and I are leaving for Europe on Friday and I shared my Europe travel essentials today on the blog. I’m big on photography so I’m bringing almost every camera I own. Also, since the nights are cooler, I’m packing two spring jackets because we all know Florida girls freeze below 70 degrees. :) Two non-traditional items I’m bringing are a white noise maker for sleep (we’re staying in some bigger cities) and a filtered water bottle.

I hope you have a wonderful time and that dress is adorable! Loving prints for summer – especially in rompers and maxis. xx

Audrey | http://www.keygypsy.com

9. May 13, 2015 / 8:49 AM

Love the abstract prints. Have an AMAZING time!!

10. May 13, 2015 / 8:49 AM

this is perfect for summer! i have an upcoming beach trip and would love something like this. i’m a sucker for a pup in a pic, i gotta say! have a great wednesday!

11. May 13, 2015 / 8:52 AM

Ahhhh, you leave tomorrow?! Have SO much fun! Obvi, the dress is gorgeous on you and will be perfect for Greece. But do you know what I noticed in your photos? That adorable dog! Who’s is she/he? Love that cute pup!

12. May 13, 2015 / 8:58 AM

So exciting! Have a great trip! Don’t forget your camera ;)
    Traci
    waltzmetoheaven.com

13. May 13, 2015 / 8:59 AM

Gorgeous dress and I love the hat paired with it! Have the best time on your trip!!

14. May 13, 2015 / 9:00 AM

That dress is too cute and will be perfect for your trip. Have so much fun! Travel safe!

15. jillian
    May 13, 2015 / 9:01 AM

i love that pattern. xo cute. xo

16. May 13, 2015 / 9:18 AM

Pretty dress and it looks great on you. But girl, you are going to roast in those boots!! :-) Nice work on packing the converters too, very important!! Haha. YAY to leaving tomorrow too!! SO exciting!!! I hope that you have an incredible time and can’t wait to see all of your pictures and hear all about it. :-)

Safe travels to you and the hubs too!!! :-)

17. May 13, 2015 / 9:30 AM

Love that dress! Have the best time in Greece, I cannot wait to hear all about it. Take lots of pictures. As for your flat iron, only bring it if it’s dual voltage. Otherwise, it might not work. Personally, I think you should embrace the beachy hair while you are there and leave the iron home. Use that extra space to buy yourself a present. Don’t forget Sunscreen. Safe Travels.

18. May 13, 2015 / 9:44 AM

Love the dress, especially paired with the boots! And have SO MUCH FUN!!!! So excited for you!!

19. May 13, 2015 / 9:50 AM

Tomorrrrrrrow! Ah! I’m soooooo excited for you! And I’m wondering how my pregnant body would handle being folded up in your suit case… ha ha! Just kidding :)
    This dress is gorgeous! You are gonna knock ’em dead in Greece!

20. May 13, 2015 / 9:55 AM

LOVE that dress! I hope you have an amazing trip – can’t wait to read the recaps!

21. May 13, 2015 / 10:01 AM

This dress is perfect for the summer! I need it!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

22. May 13, 2015 / 10:08 AM

That is the cutest hat ever!!! Ah! I think I need it.

23. May 13, 2015 / 10:11 AM

Enjoying the abstract prints! You look great. We tend to keep them dressed down but done right they can go either way. Have the most amazing time on your trip and safe travels! Winks and Eyerolls

24. May 13, 2015 / 10:22 AM

Love the colors in the dress and how it matches with your sunnies! Have a fabulous time on your trip!! Yes to converters and straightening iron. i would have totally forgot about packing those! lol

25. May 13, 2015 / 10:31 AM

So cute! Love it! I love wearing dresses all summer long. So easy to throw on quick and look put together! Is that your dog? Cutie!!

26. May 13, 2015 / 10:58 AM

Where you’re going all you need are bikinis and flowy dresses! I love that hat and cannot believe it is Target! You must have magical Targets where you live!

27. Dona Stewart
    May 13, 2015 / 11:19 AM

Wide band-aids (in case of blisters), basic travel meds such as anti-diarrhea, advil, baggie of Benefiber to keep you regular, Alka-Selzer cold plus tablets, at least 10-15 (good for hangovers & cold-like symptoms), hand sanitizer & travel-size baby wipes (not all your restrooms along the way are pristine), his & hers eye masks, lots of ziplock baggies, shoes you can walk in…tons of stairs & uneven walkways, a few linen handkerchiefs to blot your face when you “glow”..tissue just doesn’t work. And most important, pack your sense of humor and patience. So excited for you both!

28. May 13, 2015 / 11:30 AM

Gorgeous dress… love the blue hues in all of them!! And these photos too ;)

29. May 13, 2015 / 11:32 AM

I can’t believe it’s finally here!! I’m so excited for you guys. Love the dress and I think it will be perfect for Greece. I tend to lean towards dresses with patterns because it hides a lot. Don’t forget your passports! And some nausea medicine for the plane. I never knew I got “plane sickness” until I was on a 16 hour flight to Rwanda!

30. May 13, 2015 / 11:40 AM

I love the bright colors in this whole shot!! those sunglasses are my fave!

31. May 13, 2015 / 12:17 PM

LOVE IT! The boots are a perfect pairing with this dress. I’m not sure if I could pull off an abstract print, but I would definitely be willing to try :)

Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

32. May 13, 2015 / 12:20 PM

Love the color combo (and your cute companion!).

33. May 13, 2015 / 12:27 PM

Whose Aussie dog?!?!?!?!?! We are big Aussie lovers in our house :)

34. May 13, 2015 / 12:27 PM

Summer time is made for all the fun prints! I was this close to buying a dress with motor cycle prints all over it. It was precious, just didn’t fit perfectly and I promised myself I’d only start purchasing pieces I fell in love with as soon as I tried them on. But hey I’ve got some floral, leave, and crazy abstract prints in my closet just waiting to break into the summer weather! Have a great time on your honey moon! Safe travels to you and your husband and I hope the two of you make magical memories together. (:

35. May 13, 2015 / 12:39 PM

Sooooo freaking jealous of you right now! TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!! Cannot wait to see pics!

36. May 13, 2015 / 2:24 PM

That dress is amazing!!! I love the color and the print! I cant even imagine how overwhelming it is to pack for a trip to another country. You dont want to forget the important daily things :)

37. May 13, 2015 / 4:33 PM

Love love love the entire look! :) (Those boots are just beyond fabulous btw!)

38. May 13, 2015 / 4:45 PM

You look adorable! As always! I can’t wait to see what else you rock on this amazing trip!!

39. Mili
    May 13, 2015 / 10:59 PM

Yes to abstract prints! I think they work well with strappy sandals and heavy boots like you’ve got here. They just work with everything :)

Mili

40. May 14, 2015 / 7:12 AM

These abstract dresses are perfect for Greece! Love all the blue and white!! Have a great trip!!

pinkandnavystripes.com

41. May 14, 2015 / 7:47 AM

I just love easy + breezy dresses like this! You look so cute here, doll!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

42. May 14, 2015 / 9:38 AM

You look gorgeous! Are you as addicted to your FRYE boots as I am to mine?!

43. May 14, 2015 / 10:12 AM

Have fun on your trip! It’s going to be amazing. I personally love abstract prints and love the print you’re wearing!

Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

44. May 14, 2015 / 6:08 PM

you look so cute, I am loving that dress! and the scenery is seriously freaking beautiful haha there are literally bananas growing behind you. have such a great time on your trip!!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

45. May 14, 2015 / 9:16 PM

Loving that dress! I love pairing print bottoms with a basic tee :) I cannot wait to hear about your trip! You need to tell me all of the must-hit stops!!

xo, Jen

46. May 14, 2015 / 11:33 PM

I love blue and white floral prints for summer – dressed up or down, they are always perfect.
    Chic on the Cheap

47. May 15, 2015 / 2:51 PM

this is an adorable dress! hope you’re having the best time on your honeymoon!