Best 5k Running Songs Playlist – Spotify Playlist

When I wrote this post last week about reaching out to all my readers, bloggers and non-bloggers, I was blown away with all the feedback that y’all gave me.  Some of the best takeaway points were that a lot of people are digging the fitness printables/posts that I have done.  Clearly for those of you who follow me on snapchat (@meetatthebarre) you know I like to share tons of great fitness songs with you.  I used to obsess over making the best spin playlists when I taught.  Now, I have switched that over to running.  So I thought I would share with you my absolute best 5k running songs playlist.

I am such a motivated to music runner.  Let’s not get crazy here though, I am not a marathon runner by any means.  I did a half marathon once and my body was angry with me afterwards.  I am really the casual run after work type of gal.  Even though I do have long legs (as my friend Abbey likes to say “watch out giraffe girl coming through“) or after the occasional drunken stumble “gazelle down“…….I am not a fast runner.  Like not at all.  So my 5k playlist is typical 30-35 minutes, with a cool down.  For all of those 25-28 minute 5k peeps around here, well you just got a few more songs to add to your list.  Without further ado….

My ultimate best 5k running songs playlist.

Oh here is your printable or pin it to pinterest (I would love you it you shared!)

Best 5k Running Songs

Check out Meet @ the Barre Ultimate Running playlist Click To Tweet

I hope you enjoy this playlist!  Let me know your thoughts on this best 5k running songs.  Isn’t it so much easier to run when you have a perfectly timed and motivating song list?  Are you guys digging these workout posts?  Now go and burn up that run with these songs.  Tag me and let me know what you think of it!  If y’all are loving this post, I would really appreciate it if you would pin the playlist!  Get that workout energy out there.  xoxoxo

Follow me on Bloglovin ||  Follow my looks along on Instagram || Get my latest blog posts daily to your email here || Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook || Check my latest tweet here

1. September 16, 2015 / 1:45 AM

Music seriously is SO important. I could be running and really losing motivation and the right song comes on, bam, I’m back at it. I’ve definitely not heard most of the songs on your list so I will definitely check em out!

Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

2. September 16, 2015 / 6:50 AM

I love running playlists! A fun way to find new songs, or just listen to great music while you’re running. Something about running to the beat of a song is magical when it happens :)

3. September 16, 2015 / 7:08 AM

Love this! Going to pin it and share it and check out all the songs…I always need new running songs!!!

4. September 16, 2015 / 7:26 AM

Love your list! So much fun to see other people’s lists! I will be adding a few of yours to my running playlist!

5. September 16, 2015 / 7:31 AM

Sweet! I could totally use this. It’s my goal to get back into running this fall. I’ve had a muchhhh longer break than I anticipated. I was ready to rip and roar this summer, but… Girl, I’ll just be honest. I didn’t want to deal with the heat. Ha!

6. September 16, 2015 / 7:50 AM

Ok we seriously have the same taste in music between your running playlist and all your music in your morning snaps. Don’t forget the Zedd concert coming up on October 17th at USF ;-)

Green Fashionista

7. September 16, 2015 / 7:59 AM

Music is a must have when I run, and I usually just listen to Pandora, but I will definitely have to check out these tunes.
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

8. Ashley
    September 16, 2015 / 8:17 AM

Awesome! I was literally just dreading going to the gym bc I’m sick of my music but I will definitely try this playlist!! Love finding new songs!

9. September 16, 2015 / 8:32 AM

I used to always run listening to music in the mornings, lately I haven’t been and idk why. Im going to try out this playlist! Thanks!!

10. September 16, 2015 / 8:39 AM

Love this! Thanks for sharing–you’re the reason I listen to music when I run now instead of an audiobook! So much more motivating!

11. September 16, 2015 / 8:47 AM

I had to go back and read the previous post you referenced… hahaha so true. I remember being a total stalker/lurker before I started blogging! I never would have believed all the cool people it would bring into my life!!

12. September 16, 2015 / 9:04 AM

Thank you for this playlist! I’m currently training for a half marathon and I’m getting so sick of my current rotation! Can’t wait to download these!

13. September 16, 2015 / 9:06 AM

Are you on Spotify?! Because LAWD, do I have people you want to follow for the WORLD’S BEST PLAYLISTS – for running and teaching barre class! Oh girl, I”m about to hook you up. Taking this to text! It’s all I use anymore and everyone talks about my music! Not to brag… Even though I just did… But I use other’s playlists cause aint nobody got time for dat.

14. September 16, 2015 / 9:14 AM

Love this list! I could picture me using this for getting ready, for the commute, and more!

15. September 16, 2015 / 9:32 AM

how did we ever live without spotify?

oh. pandora.

16. September 16, 2015 / 9:39 AM

Have you heard the new Galantis album “Pharmacy” it’s amazing! Also thrilled to see Mako and Morgan Page on there- I’ve interviewed both of them they are awesome!

17. September 16, 2015 / 9:49 AM

This is great! I’m always looking for new songs that I love or else I won’t make it through the treadmill time.

18. September 16, 2015 / 9:52 AM

I’m always looking for new songs to run to- can’t wait to check these out!

19. September 16, 2015 / 9:53 AM

I am OBSESSED with your outfit (I ask this everyday… where are the heart eye emojis on the laptop? Ha ha!)
    I can’t wait to get back into running (and into shape) once I have this babe! New playlists will be just the motivation I need! Totally pinning and putting together for when I’m ready to get back at it!

20. September 16, 2015 / 10:08 AM

Since I had my baby girl 2 years ago, fitness took a back seat. It’s horrible, I know. Butttt when i did go to the gym, it was all about reggaeton!

21. September 16, 2015 / 10:10 AM

Well I clearly need to download and create this whole playlist. You know I love your song snaps!

22. September 16, 2015 / 10:27 AM

Love this list! It’s so much easier having a playlist ready and not having to fumble through your songs

23. September 16, 2015 / 10:30 AM

Already pinned! I’ve been looking for a new playlist to get me motivated on the treadmill. You had me sold with Runaway Baby by Bruno Mars – one of my favorite songs ever!

24. September 16, 2015 / 10:42 AM

I actually cannot listen to music when I run. I’ve tried so many times, and my hubby has to when he runs, but I just can’t. I’m too focused on my breathing and the music throws me. Even on my looooong runs, no music. Love some of these songs though!

25. September 16, 2015 / 11:08 AM

Thank you for you sharing your playlist! I’ll check out these songs and maybe add some of them to my workout playlist. I’m not a runner but Chris is. He keeps trying to convince me to run with him too haha. I just run to the bus or the train when I see it arriving haha. :-)

26. September 16, 2015 / 11:47 AM

OK… help a girl out. I was using Pandora this past weekend running & the play list was awful. Just the same 3 songs over & over… so on Spotify, can I access these already made play lists? I am downloading the app right now – I need good music to get me through!

27. September 16, 2015 / 12:28 PM

SUCH a good playlist!! I love that you made it Pinterest-friendly, and I’m definitely going to share it right now!

28. September 16, 2015 / 1:23 PM

I’ve been jamming to 80s-90s!!

29. September 16, 2015 / 2:25 PM

Dying over this list! I love the music you have on your snap chat and with the at home workouts I am adding I need a good playlist.

Linds @ Not A Mom

30. September 16, 2015 / 2:28 PM

Hot damn girl, look at that body. I love a good workout playlist, totally need to check some of these out as I haven’t heard them before. Love Elle King.

31. September 16, 2015 / 4:19 PM

I love finding Spotify playlists because they are so easy to listen to! This is perfect for working out. Thanks for putting it together!

32. Meg
    September 16, 2015 / 4:23 PM

Is it sad that I only recognize Bruno Mars’ name?! I’m such a country music girl, even for workouts. Or 80s. I definitely need good music to fuel my workouts and try to make new playlists every month or so to keep me entertained or I’ll quickly fizzle out!

33. Meg
    September 16, 2015 / 4:25 PM

Oh and (back in the day) when I ran my first and only marathon, MP3 players had just come out and you weren’t allowed to listen to music for the race so I didn’t even during training. Can I tell you how hard that was?!

34. September 16, 2015 / 4:43 PM

Thanks so much for sharing! I love running to music and am always on the lookout for great songs to add to my playlist! – Svetlana @Life with a Side of Wine

35. September 16, 2015 / 6:36 PM

I love a lot of these songs, a fun song on the radio right now that is such a great motivator for running and getting fit is Hailee Steinfeld love myself…it has that fun upbeat spirit to it. That and of course my absolute favorite jam The Biebs What Do You Mean…I’m obsessed lol!!

36. September 16, 2015 / 6:57 PM

yesss, thank you for this! I’m TERRIBLE when it comes to finding music on my own :p

xo,

37. Shannon
    September 16, 2015 / 10:55 PM

Love this! Awesome music is always a must for a good workout!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

38. September 17, 2015 / 12:25 AM

Great list! Thanks for sharing! :D Music is a must for me when I work out. It makes working out more fun and efficient! :)

39. September 17, 2015 / 7:01 AM

Love thisss! I seriously CANNOT run without music. If I don’t, I will listen to my breath and think about how tired I am the whole time. I have gone extra miles because of music before.

40. September 17, 2015 / 5:31 PM

Totally pinned this for later, you always have the best songs!

41. September 18, 2015 / 2:32 PM

Ooh awesome! I am definitely going to follow you on Spotify so I can see all your playlist creations. That’s one of my favorite things about spotify. I also followed you on snapchat :) Happy Friday!

42. September 27, 2015 / 8:31 PM

I am the exact same way, a good playlist is a must when running or working out for me! You incorporated many of my current favorites to this list! Xo, Stephanie