Finding The One – Striped Dress Shopping Guide

I have been on a mission.  To find a long sleeved striped dress that I can wear with boots for the Fall.  Y’all know me, when I have a mission, I research till perfection is found.  I just had a vision of striped dresses and boots for the Fall and all I kept on finding was short sleeved versions.  Well, low and behold I found the holy grail……and it was under $20 major score!Affordable Striped Dress

Long Sleeved Striped Dress

Always make sure your stripes line up on the sides around to the back of the dress.  Always the first giveaway of a cheap dress.  If the stripes line up then you are good to go!Over the knee bootsFall Striped DressOver the knee boots Sole SocietyDress here (just sold out! Similar here) love this one and this one is on major sale and has sizes.  I have this one, it is insanely soft and I love the gathered back.  Necklace under $7 here, seriously have been wearing on such repeat. Boots here.  They run true to size and are real leather.  Sunglasses Kate Spade on sale here.

These over the knee boots have quickly become my favorite go to.  I love pulling them up over skinny jeans or with dresses.  They run true to size and if you sign up for Sole Society email list you get 15% your first purchase.

Sole Society Over the Knee bootsOTK bootsstriped dress and bootsYou can always make it the ultimate blogger girl outfit by adding this hat to the top of it.stripes and Fall hatstriped dress and OTK boots

To transition to cooler temps add some thick tights underneath, throw a vest over it (25% off with code COOLSTYLE) and layer with a scarf (I have this one, so soft and under $20).

striped dress and blanket scarfblanket scarf and striped dress

Seriously how fab are all these wall murals around town?!Stripes, OTK boots and blanket scarf

Do you have a long sleeved striped dress?  How do you wear it?  What is your favorite Fall go to look right now?  I previewed this look on my instagram last night!  Make sure you are following me (meetatthebarre) to get the insider scoop before they go live on the blog.  I hope everyone is having a fab start to their week.

Follow my looks along on Instagram || Get my latest blog posts daily to your email here
Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook || Check my latest tweet here

1. October 27, 2015 / 1:25 AM

Dang! Looking good lady! That backdrop is amazing and really sets off the photo! I have to check out those sunglasses! And love the scarf–I have the same one and it is the best!

Annie- All Things Big And Small

2. October 27, 2015 / 6:18 AM

Girl, you found the perfect striped dress. It looks fabulous with just the boots and SO FALL fun with the scarf and hat. Seriously, I need your hat and boots, please :)!

3. October 27, 2015 / 6:19 AM

This is seriously my favorite look for fall. Especially since it is still warmer. I need a striped dress in my life! And that scarf is perfect!

4. October 27, 2015 / 6:25 AM

Can’t go wrong with under $20 – that’s a great find!! I love the splendid dress that you found – that one is great!!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

5. October 27, 2015 / 6:35 AM

Gah. I wish we had more than a few days to wear items like this without dying of heat. This is such a great look!

6. October 27, 2015 / 6:51 AM

You already know that I LOVE this look! And paired with the blanket scarf? So cute! Glad you found an adorable striped dress to wear! :)

7. October 27, 2015 / 7:28 AM

I always love a great striped dress! This one looks super comfortable too!

8. October 27, 2015 / 7:31 AM

I’m always on the hunt for a new striped dress. I probably have 5 of them! You can never go wrong with pairing it with sole society boots. Great look!

Xoxo,

Whitney & Blaire

Peaches In A Pod

9. October 27, 2015 / 8:45 AM

Really cute with the scarf! We can all thank maternity clothes for the jumpstart on the striped dress trend. Horizontal stripes are pretty much the only way they sell those things. And now, everyone thinks they’re cute. Yay!

10. October 27, 2015 / 8:57 AM

Love the dress!! Also, great tip on the stripes lining up–I hate it when I don’t pay attention to the shirt when I buy it and get home to realize the stripes don’t line up!!

11. Kristina @ Medicine and Manicures
    October 27, 2015 / 8:57 AM

I had the cutest striped 3/4 sleeve dress from Urban Outfitters but unfortunately it shrunk in the dryer… I feel so dumb!!! But the stripes with the plaid looks fabulous… and love the zippers on those boots!

xo, Kristina
    Medicine & Manicures

12. October 27, 2015 / 8:58 AM

You look SO chic! I just bought a very similar dress that I can’t wait to wear with my military jacket and booties!

13. October 27, 2015 / 9:09 AM

Love the stripes with the blanket scarf! That dress is such a steal you were so insanely lucky to snag it up!

14. October 27, 2015 / 9:24 AM

I love the length of the dress! Perfect for us tall girls!

15. jillian
    October 27, 2015 / 9:39 AM

i ordered the boots! thanks for your tip on sizing! i hope they work out. xo jillian – cornflake dreams

16. October 27, 2015 / 9:51 AM

I actually love the second option (a-line from forever 21) even MORE! But you look fabulous in yours of course :) Vest tip – H&M! I found a cream version with chestnut accents and I’ve worn it about 6 times in the past 2 weeks!

17. October 27, 2015 / 10:08 AM

Under $20?!? Yes please! So bummed it’s sold out! I’ve been on the hunt for a striped dress for a while – it’s just been hard finding one that’s not too long for my 5’3″ shortness!

18. October 27, 2015 / 10:10 AM

Totally ordering that dress. Thanks for the heads up!

19. October 27, 2015 / 10:14 AM

Great outfit, lady! That dress was a major find.

20. October 27, 2015 / 10:40 AM

I love it! I have a long sleeved striped dress but it’s fitted, so I really like this one. And those boots really are fab. Super cute with the dress.

21. October 27, 2015 / 10:43 AM

Love love!!! Those boots are fab too. Thank you so much for sharing and I hope that you have a great day today!! :-)

22. Ashley Moody
    October 27, 2015 / 10:47 AM

Amazing post!! Gorgeous!!!

23. October 27, 2015 / 11:02 AM

Looking great! I need to start wearing the hat! This is inspiring!

24. October 27, 2015 / 11:23 AM

Love that striped dress, so perfect!!! I really love your over the knee boots too!! I have never found any that fit me right. My stupid calves are too big. I quit doing any leg work out that involves those muscles to see if they would go down but they wont. Boo!

25. October 27, 2015 / 1:13 PM

That hat looks so much better on you than me and my enormous head! I LOVE the dress! Finding the perfect stripe dress is a feat and you did so well! I hope they restock because I LOVE this!

26. October 27, 2015 / 2:18 PM

I love that material for a dress. Certainly looks super comfy and the scarf is a cute addition. Who knew strips and plaid could look good together?

27. October 27, 2015 / 4:20 PM

Love the stripes! And the stripes with the printed blanket scarf look fabulous together!

28. October 27, 2015 / 4:47 PM

of COURSE that dress is sold out. OF COURSE. rage. I have a bunch of striped dresses, long sleeve, short sleeve, fit and flare etc etc. i want THAT one. RAGE.

29. October 27, 2015 / 4:48 PM

i love this whole look with the boots! and you snagged such a great deal!

30. October 27, 2015 / 6:23 PM

I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect striped dress and your tips definitely helped. I found the perfect one and cannot wait until to gets in to pair it with long boots, just screams Fall!!

31. October 27, 2015 / 10:13 PM

Love everything about this look! The boots you picked are perfect and the scarf matches great! A fabulous striped dress is the best staple this time of year!

32. October 28, 2015 / 3:31 PM

Love these pics! I must convince my boyf to help me out with a fashion inspired photo shoot one day ha ha. You look amazing! My favorite part is the long necklace – they’re So in right now and I can’t get enough of them!!

33. Julie Joy
    November 4, 2015 / 7:08 AM

I love this look! Now you’ve got me wishing I had a striped dress!