Weekending - Local Living

Weekending – Local Living

Happy Monday.  Seriously is this the last week in October?  I haven’t even been to a pumpkin patch yet so I feel like it doesn’t count.  We need a redo of this month or at least a pause right?  It was an absolute gorgeous weekend here in Florida.  I was so happy to be home.  I got a lot of work done including a closet clean out and flip.  Summer clothes away and Fall clothes are taking center stage.  Now, the weather just needs to cooperate and stay cool.  Lets get right into it.  Linking up with my girl B.

My weekend started early on Friday with a day off.  I had an appointment at my loca Aveda Level Salon in Hyde Park for a blow out.  AVEDA Level Salon

I hadn’t been to that salon in years and it has recently moved down to the first level of Hyde Park.  Y’all, the salon is gorgeous.  I felt like I had a mini spa retreat.  Level Salonspa Aveda Level Salon Hyde ParkInside Aveda Level Salonaveda products

Chelsea the manager walked me through the beautiful space.  I had no idea they were a full service salon.  You can get your nails done while your color sets.  They have massage and facial rooms.  Their esthetician is certified in bamboo massage which is the newest craze over hot stone.Aveda Nail Salon

Can I even talk about what an amazing job Nick did?  It all started with my head and neck massage in the darkened relaxing shampoo room.  After a deep conditioning treatment, Nick worked his magic and when he whipped me around for the big reveal, I was blown away.  Seriously, movie star hair.  Blowout Aveda Level Salon

Before I left, they touched me up with a complimentary makeup application.  Aveda Makeup

They sent me out with some goodies that I cannot wait to use at home including their smooth infusion line.  Aveda Hyde Park Tampa

Also, they have a brand new dry shampoo that I so excited to have it go head to head with my beloved regular and see how it measures up.Aveda Level Salon Hyde Park Tampa

Local peeps.  You have to try the salon out.  I was blown away with it.  I really liked  how they separate out their stylists as well.  You have your colorist and then if you need a cut and style you meet with someone else.  I’ve found in the past that people are really good at one or the other and at the level Salon they take that guesswork out for you.  I will 100% be back to see Nick especially if I have an event that I need gorgeous locks for.  My hair is still going strong today.  Glam hair for all my little kiddos today.Aveda Salon hyde park tampa

The rest of the weekend was spent watching football, cleaning and working.  So glamorous I know.  It is so nice to be home and have everything all squared away for the week to start.  How was y’alls weekend?  Do you switch out your closet for a new season?

Have you tried the Aveda dry shampoo yet?  I am giving away to two of my Meet at the Barre readers a bottle of the dry shampoo to have!

Click here to view this promotion.
Follow my looks along on Instagram || Get my latest blog posts daily to your email here
Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook || Check my latest tweet here

Thank you to Aveda for sponsoring this post!

1. October 26, 2015 / 1:27 AM

This looks so beautiful and I can see why it feel like a mini retreat! I’d love to go there someday!
    The Rad Wife

2. October 26, 2015 / 3:23 AM

I’m obsessed with your hair!! The place I go in China is similar too in that they have a colorist and a stylist, etc. TBH it just makes the experience so much fancier for me ;) haha.

3. October 26, 2015 / 5:51 AM

Heyyyyy hottie! I have always wanted a reason to get a blowout, and yet never done it! They are super cheap here, so I’m thinking of trying one out next week for no other reason than I want to ;) Your hair looks amazing! xo

4. Lauren
    October 26, 2015 / 6:04 AM

I’ve been to an Aveda Spa in London and they’re so luxurious I love it. The dry shampoo sounds great! x

5. October 26, 2015 / 6:14 AM

Wow, talk about an amazing lil spa day. The salon is gorgeous and your blow out looks amazing! You reminded me I’m way over due for a massage, thanks, lady! Happy monday!

6. October 26, 2015 / 6:41 AM

Love when you find a Salon that just knocks it out of the park like that! Your hair looked great!!! I could always go for a head massage lol! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

7. October 26, 2015 / 6:55 AM

Your snap of your hair looked fab! They did a great job–beautiful! :)

8. October 26, 2015 / 7:12 AM

I’ve never tried that dry shampoo but looking forward to looking more into it. I’m like the dry shampoo queen lately! It’s just so easy haha.. Xo

9. October 26, 2015 / 7:56 AM

I’m jealous!! I want to go get a blowout RIGHT NOW!

10. October 26, 2015 / 8:36 AM

my salon uses aveda products exclusively and i love their scents! i don’t use dry shampoo but i know a lot who do and love them.

11. October 26, 2015 / 8:39 AM

We have Aveda near me, but I’ve never been before. I love that it’s a full service spa! Instead of separate trips to get my hair cut or my nails done, I could do it all in one stop!

12. October 26, 2015 / 8:41 AM

I know we already talked about this, but Aveda can do no wrong in my book! Even their makeup is chemical free and smells amazing.

13. October 26, 2015 / 9:04 AM

Your hair looks like it’s been kissed by an angel. Haha! Seriously. Gorgeous. I haven’t tried Aveda, but I’m definitely curious.

14. October 26, 2015 / 9:06 AM

That place looks so nice! And your hair is amazing!!

15. October 26, 2015 / 9:29 AM

Gorgeous hair!! I know I’m a hairstylist, but I’m totally craving a trip to the salon to get a blowout! I love being pampered and getting my hair done!
    Get yourself to a pumpkin patch this week, woman! ;)

16. October 26, 2015 / 9:45 AM

your hair looks fabulous! and that spa sounds great, I may go for haircuts/colors just for the head/neck massages ;-) hope you had a great weekend!

17. October 26, 2015 / 10:30 AM

Your hair looks stunning! What a fun way to spend an afternoon. Entered for the dry shampoo. :)

18. October 26, 2015 / 10:37 AM

Your hair looks great! Nothing like a good blow out!

19. October 26, 2015 / 10:56 AM

What an awesome salon! So fancy! I don’t think I’d ever want to leave the darkened relaxing shampoo room!

20. October 26, 2015 / 11:41 AM

That looks like a great salon! Your hair looks fabulous!

21. October 26, 2015 / 11:56 AM

Your hair looks fabulous! What a fun little trip to the spa and a massage sounds amazing right about. I love trying different dry shampoos but haven’t trie to the Aveda on yet.

22. October 26, 2015 / 12:03 PM

your hair looks absolutely gorgeous!! and so fun, i love getting blowouts!

23. October 26, 2015 / 12:11 PM

That salon looks fabulous!! I love your outfit that day and your hair is just perfection! It has been awhile since I have used Aveda stuff, I will have to check them out.

24. October 26, 2015 / 12:26 PM

I haven’t been a pumpkin patch yet, either, so I feel the same way. Surely it’s still September…;)

Aveda is where it’s at! We got our hair and makeup done at a store in Ohio for my best friend’s wedding and it was the best service.

25. October 26, 2015 / 12:43 PM

I love my Aveda salon, I’ve gotten pretty much everything done there except for a mani/pedi..that’s next. Your hair looks fab and how nice that they gave you goodies. The “refreshing touch” at the end is my favorite part, such a cute little perk!

26. October 26, 2015 / 1:14 PM

The salon sounds awesome and your hair is Gorg!! I have no refresh my angles soon and get a trim. I am way overdue! I’m trying to grow it out so that I can donate it in the Spring.

27. October 26, 2015 / 2:36 PM

oooooh hey gorgeous hair! it looks fabulous, and that salon looks so fancy.

28. October 26, 2015 / 2:37 PM

I love Aveda! You look great!

29. October 26, 2015 / 4:05 PM

GORGEOUS hair lady!! I could totally go for a blowout + mani right now ;)

30. October 26, 2015 / 4:20 PM

Seriously… I cannot believe Halloween is this weekend (and FL/GA). This is the first year ever that I don’t have a clue what I’m dressing up as, if anything!! Busy life…you win. That salon looks amazing!! I wish I lived closer to Hyde Park :(

31. October 26, 2015 / 4:35 PM

Your hair looks amazing, and that salon sounds fabulous!

32. October 26, 2015 / 6:00 PM

That salon looks amazing!! You look gorgeous too, your hair is fab! Nick’s hair is also pretty fantastic too. :-)

33. October 26, 2015 / 8:36 PM

I definitely need to visit that salon! Your hair looks gorgeous! I could use some pampering lol.

34. October 26, 2015 / 8:48 PM

He did a GREAT job on your hair! Love it! What IS a bamboo massage??? I’m intrigued!

35. Nat
    October 26, 2015 / 10:30 PM

I absolutely love Aveda, glad you tried it!!! I love their make up products, since they are on the more natural side. Their dry remedy conditioner is the best (specially for thick hair) and their skincare (Botanicals) smell delicious! I think everybody should try this place!

36. October 26, 2015 / 10:52 PM

Your hair looks gorgeous! I always love Aveda salons because they do an amazing job and their products are fantastic!

37. October 27, 2015 / 6:21 AM

Love following you on snapchat, especially on the weekend! The blowout was GORGEOUS, our aveda isn’t near that nice last time I checked it out. Maybe I should try it again!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

38. October 30, 2015 / 9:15 AM

Aveda salons seriously have the BEST HAIR WASHING. I know that sounds weird, but in college I used to drive 6 hours for highlights + an aveda hair washing. (And to see friends…. lol) so glad they treated you so well!! ;)

39. Julie Joy
    November 4, 2015 / 7:05 AM

Look at you! Love the hair! I’ve never had a blowout at a salon before but I’ve always heard great things!