Confessions-Things That Make Me Irrationally Angry

Okay so are like all of you sick of seeing my mug by now?  I thought I’d take a break from this recent “modeling” sesh if you could even call it that that to get back to my roots.  Giving you something (hopefully) to laugh about. Since Kathy’s blog has been on the fritz this week Stephanie has graciously taken over the link up today.

I would like to start this post off with a disclaimer. *** I am well aware these are all first world problems and I should get angry about things that really matter.  However the majority of times I’m most likely #1 Hungry or #2 Running late so we all know how much that magnifies the little things. Okay let’s get right into this.

Things That Make Me Irrationally Angry.

The check that I had to write to the IRS for my taxes

I need to start getting some dependents…..or buy a house.  This whole single girl who has a job thing is getting really old in regards to lack of write offs.

Billboards for Emergency Room Wait Times.

I cannot begin to tell you the rage that overcomes me when I see this especially working in healthcare.  I’m going to try to refrain from using caps but I can’t here they come IF YOU HAVE A REAL EMERGENCY WHO CARES ABOUT THE WAIT TIMES????????  Like that just feeds into the people who use the ER for their primary care or sick visits. Stop clogging up the ER.  It is meant for emergencies.  If you have an emergency then do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars, make your way to the nearest ER to treat your Emergent health situation not because you have a sinus infection and you don’t have a primary care doctor.  That is what the Minute Clinics are for!

Paramore

Like every song every written by them but especially this song.

Her voice is straight up nails being drilled into my head.  What even pitch does she sing at? Like seriously why is it so overplayed???? I get stabby every time I hear it.  STOP playing it!

The entrance ramp onto the highway from my house.

They are always doing construction and this newest “onramp” is a real doozy.  I think a pictures would really help you understand my rage.  Are you confused???  So is everyone else.  This little cluster takes me an extra 20 minutes now to get onto the highway.

When people steal stuff off my front doorstep.

Like why???  I hope you enjoy your new Forever 21 bra in size 32B……it’s essentially a training bra. I  also hope you like dangly earrings.  Major 30 dollar score for you!

Traffic.

(yup that pretty much sums me up on a daily basis in the car)

I mean I love all y’all Northerns but isn’t it warming up back home yet??  Isn’t is time to give Florida back just in time for the humidity to kick it and it’s no longer bearable?

When I’m walking in heels and the heel gets stuck in a crack and the heels stays but I go flying forward….usually spilling coffee everywhere.

(just replace Heather with Amanda and this is my life story)

The parking lot at every single one of the Trader Joe’s I’ve ever been to.

When you put anything plastic in the dishwasher and it comes out soaking wet, flipped up and with all that crap on the inside of it.  I don’t want to hand wash my tupperware that is so time consuming!

My downstairs neighbor who when they leave their dog barks for hours straight.  Honestly aren’t you tired yet dog?

My other neighbor who is trying out for whatever off Broadway show could possibly be in my town. STOP singing show tunes at 2 in the morning.  #1 you don’t sound good and #2 it’s just rude!  I swear if you start singing that Frozen song I’m coming over.  The other night she woke Mark and I both up at the same time and we simultaneously slammed both hands on the wall in the same pattern….it was kinda eery and funny all at the same time.

(Imagine more rage and less jazz hands)

When I make a perfect stack of drying dishes and that last piece of tupperware sends it over the edge.

Last. When a sweet fashion pin on Pinterest leads me to nowhere.

I want to know where that coral open back shirt is from!!!!  So annoying!!!!

Okay so I’m officially done venting for the day!  What things send you over the edge that most people wouldn’t even get bothered by?  Tell me so I don’t feel like such a terrible human being.  Also don’t forget to link up with my this Friday!  Grab the button down below!  I can’t wait to read your posts!!!  xoxoxo

1. April 23, 2014 / 11:29 AM

Haha I so agree with you on the Trader Joe’s parking lots, why are they so small! And seriously it should be a law that you can’t pin something that leads you no where!

2. April 23, 2014 / 11:37 AM

your trader joe’s parking lot is like every chinese grocery store parking lot. everyone knows that chinese folks need as much help with their driving as possible so why make the lots so freaking tiny and the spaces so tight? it’s like the urban planners’ cruel joke and they’re all like, hey, let’s design the lot this way to freak them out MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

thanks for linking up!

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda

3. April 23, 2014 / 11:40 AM

lol!
    i live on the top floor and get stuff stolen off my doorstop. argh!

4. April 23, 2014 / 11:50 AM

I usually try to refrain from writing this, but L O L. I literally am at every single one of these points!!! I’ve been to trader joe’s all but twice in my life and everytime was a freaking parkinglot nightmare!!! so unecessary their stupid lots….. and the ramps/traffic, don’t even get me started. in jersey its SO bad and we all have extremely bad road rage here so…yeah! my roomate in college was a theater major (nothing against it, she was really great!) but she sang EVERY WAKING MINUTE that she was in our room. it was AWFUL to hear that theatery voice ALL THE TIME.

5. April 23, 2014 / 12:02 PM

Hehe, Rage confessions are my favorite! I have had the stolen package dilemma too and anytime I have a package on the way I feel like I leave work really early like the 30 minutes is going to make a difference in the theft opportunity window. People suck. Also your traffic diagram looks frustrating!

6. April 23, 2014 / 12:07 PM

Traffic, don’t even get me started! Woof! awful, yuck!

Who steals a package?!?!? that’s so wrong :(!

7. April 23, 2014 / 12:08 PM

I totally feel your pain on the taxes…. need to file as married and a homeowner pronto. I hate that Pinterest re-direct. I’m just trying to find the cute shirt people!

8. April 23, 2014 / 12:10 PM

Haha ohhh how I love you Amanda!! We are so alike it’s scary! If you think paying on your taxes is bad now just wait until you get married… ugh. I haven’t gotten a tax return in I don’t know how long! And I own a house! :( Traffic in Florida = Worst traffic ever. I HATE it. It makes me irrationally angry every day. And yes, it’s time for the snowbirds to go home! Except now we get all the vacationers… it never ends.

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

9. April 23, 2014 / 12:13 PM

That picture could have been taken in my kitchen – the struggle is real. Also, your on ramp diagram gave me major anxiety, so thank you for that…I can’t believe you have to deal with that every day!!

10. April 23, 2014 / 12:14 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! All justifiable though!
    I love the way you think!

11. April 23, 2014 / 12:35 PM

HA! Too funny! Sooooo true about the Trader Joe’s parking lots…especially the new Tampa one! HA! Welcome to Tampa Bay Bloggers! :)

12. April 23, 2014 / 12:51 PM

I HATE Paramore, too! I thought I was alone. She is so annoying. I am still super sad about the check I had to write to the IRS – getting married probably won’t help, sorry!

13. April 23, 2014 / 12:52 PM

That intersection looks terrible! So sorry. By the way, the parking lot at the Trader Joes back at home in our town is the same! So tiny!

14. April 23, 2014 / 12:53 PM

SO true about the Trader Joe’s parking lots, the whole experience at TJ’s makes me angry! I’m with you on the Paramore thing and FYI- I thought getting married would help out our taxes but it turns out being middle class blows either way!

15. April 23, 2014 / 12:59 PM

HAHA love it – Trader Joe’s is always packed like the end of the world is coming and people are stocking up…EVERY SINGLE WEEK!! The little boy is wearing a Gators shirt and that made me happy!! I hate when Pins lead to no where…why?!

16. April 23, 2014 / 1:01 PM

oh my god i HATE pins that go nowhere. irritates me SO bad. my local trader joes is in a big shopping thingy so their parking lot isn’t weird, but they are allllwwwaaayyyyssss busy and I try not to go more that once a month. haha. ugh, i don’t like paramore and i have never heard that song and am glad. i can’t believe people steal your shit off your doorstep?! wtf? we had mail issues so now i get everything delivered to my mother in laws or my work (which is also a win because then hubby doesn’t see it.. mwahahaha)

17. April 23, 2014 / 1:17 PM

OMG the emergency room thing bothers me so much. I can practically be dying and debate whether I need to go to an ER. I struggled with the decision last year at one point in the middle of all that medical chaos–and finally my husband was like “uh, we’re going to the ER right now.” He dropped me at the front door so he could park and I wobbled in. The lady was like “Can I help you?” And all I could spit out to her as I was doubled over in pain was “I need to see a doctor.” Whatdoyaknow? I got seen immediately. I’m pretty sure they triaged me and could tell I was about to keel over. Also–if I’m wearing heels–that will happen to me. Sunday was the first time I wore heels in about 10 months. I fell up the stairs to the church. It was a big todo. And I’m all “I’m okay I’m okay it happens all the time.” haha

18. April 23, 2014 / 1:19 PM

LOL great post! I feel the same way about almost everything especially traffic. They are fixing the bridge into the city (tobin, remember that bridge??) and its a NIGHTMARE!! My half hour commute now takes me over an hour and I live about 13 minutes from the city!! Ugh, it wont be done til November.

Best, Mree

19. April 23, 2014 / 1:25 PM

What is the freaking deal with Trader Joe’s parking lots?

That entire car/ramp scene made me crazy and I’ll never even be near it in person.

20. April 23, 2014 / 1:29 PM

Trader joes – yesssssss!!! Why are their parking lots sooooo stupid??? I avoid that place like the plague because of that dumb parking lot! And I totally hear ya on Tupperware. I think it’s made to be convenient, and then super inconvenient. :-/
    I hate to admit, but I fudging love paramore. Hahaha
    Xo

21. April 23, 2014 / 1:29 PM

Lots of things make me irrationally angry, people who drive like they are the only ones on the road a la your graphic… I just decided I need to turn so I will block all of you behind me… grrrr…pretty much just other people in general!

22. April 23, 2014 / 1:45 PM

Totaly agree with the pinterest and coral shirt thing – ANNOYING!! And also about the ER time. My husband is a nurse in the ER and it is unreal what people actually come in for. STUPID!!
    Happy Wednesday!

23. April 23, 2014 / 1:48 PM

I HATE pins like that. Seriously people need to start checking their damn links. I know that I do. When I pin stuff I usually want to buy it and if I can’t buy it, why bother pinning it.

24. April 23, 2014 / 1:51 PM

Oh girl, I feel ya! I get so mad when I find the perfect recipe or outfit pin and it tells me it’s been reported spam, UGH. You’re construction diagram cracked me up. So not sick of seeing your mug, keep those pretty pics coming!

25. April 23, 2014 / 1:52 PM

Traffic makes me so punchy!!! I hate it, and my commute is 45-60 minutes when it should be 25. The stacking dishes is so true and hilarious. The fashion pins kill me, I want to buy it, can’t find it!! Why people, why??

26. April 23, 2014 / 2:02 PM

These are so funny. Traffic drives me bonkers! I actually likes Paramore though but more in their early days!

27. April 23, 2014 / 2:04 PM

Ok so basically I agree with you on everything you just mentioned!! Especially that Pinterest one!! I get so dang mad when I find a super cute top or something just to find out you will never know where it’s from! Ugh!!!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

28. April 23, 2014 / 2:11 PM

Haha I love everything about this! I hate parking at Trader Joes! I always get mad and promise myself next time I won’t drive there…then I do it again.

29. April 23, 2014 / 2:14 PM

YES to so much of this! I’ve never see those ER billboards, but I definitely see what you mean about them being pointless! And the gif you used for being in traffic is sooo accurate! I definitely thought it was just our Trader Joe’s that was a nightmare to find parking– but glad I’m not alone!

30. April 23, 2014 / 2:24 PM

I can’t STAND when the plastic flips over in the dishwasher & broken links on Pinterest are the worst!

31. April 23, 2014 / 2:24 PM

oh the dishes one is so me. the jenga-like piles i try to make are damn impressive until that one SPOON knocks everything over.

32. April 23, 2014 / 2:25 PM

The ER billboards… Ugh! I work in healthcare too it it chaps me everytime I see it!!! It’s giving people more ammo to just go to the ER for CRAP!!

33. April 23, 2014 / 2:30 PM

When it comes to traffic, I’ve definitely developed a minor case of road rage … even my husband isn’t quite sure where it’s come from. I simply just can’t take people driving like idiots! If you don’t know that the left lane is meant for faster traffic, then move out of the way or better GET OFF THE ROAD. :) Happy Wednesday!

34. April 23, 2014 / 2:30 PM

ER Billboards are something that I had never seen until I moved down to TX. I never understood them. I do get a kick out of the fact that one advertises a 30 min or less wait guarantee & yet I’ve seen it well over 30 min more than once. The pin that leads to nowhere drives me bat shit crazy!!

35. April 23, 2014 / 2:43 PM

Yes yes yes! We live in a condo building and so packages are left in our lobby.. can’t tell you how many have “disappeared”. So frustrating. And my husband uses these green plastic cups and without fail, every single time I run the dishwasher, one has flipped over and collected the water and junk in it. I can’t figure out how to prevent it!! And that highway/lane thing.. I don’t know what to say other than it looks like a nightmare! We have a couple of things like those in Chicago, not to mention the traffic and it’s enough to make you go crazy!

36. April 23, 2014 / 2:46 PM

I have a new-ish neighbor with a dog I want to strangle. She puts it out in the backyard and it just YAPS all night. I hate it! and nothing can ruin my mood like a darn traffic jam!

37. April 23, 2014 / 2:53 PM

OMG yes!!! WHY must the Trader Joe’s parking lot be so flippin’ small?! #firstworldproblems. Also, I tooootally hear ya with the whole taxes thing. Since I’m not married yet, I ALMOST had to owe money this year because I made too much. Luckily when I get married I can start writing off more. No idea why they punish successful single women….like wtf…

38. April 23, 2014 / 2:54 PM

Our neighbors dogs bark ALL NIGHT LONG…. & we have 4 dogs who I’m constantly going “sshhh” too because they want to start barking along. One night, I’m going to let all 4 of mine out & say, “What’d you think about THAT?”

39. April 23, 2014 / 3:26 PM

I’m not the only person who doesn’t like Paramour?! I seriously just don’t understand the obsession.

40. April 23, 2014 / 3:39 PM

i appreciate you making that highway diagram SO HARD. you’re so dedicated..

41. April 23, 2014 / 3:42 PM

The highway diagram!! Love it. Also the David After Dentist GIF = so fitting!

42. April 23, 2014 / 3:52 PM

Lol, to the paramore and taxes thing and a huge WTF to people stealing things from your porch – seriously?! That really would enrage me, people are unbelievable. Also, the fing pinterst thing…I think my face gets red, every.time.
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

43. April 23, 2014 / 3:55 PM

Traffic and the parking lots at trader joes are definitely on our list of things that make us angry too. And the pinterest thing, MOST ANNOYING THING EVER, like how are we supposed to find that super cute outfit if we don’t know where its from?!

xo
    Brittani and Katie

44. April 23, 2014 / 4:04 PM

Holy Lord, traffic. Every. Day. There should be a virtual link-up so we can all bitch and moan together on our car rides home. That driving sketch about blew my mind hah. And I HATE ad links too so hear ya!

45. April 23, 2014 / 5:04 PM

it’s essentially a training bra. —- i feel you girl.

46. April 23, 2014 / 6:41 PM

People steal stuff off my stoop too so now I have to have things delivered to my office and then lug them home on the bus. Ugh!

47. April 23, 2014 / 7:45 PM

Aaah those pins are soo frustrating!! Especially when it’s a recipe like cheesecake cookies and it links to nothing!! lol XO

48. April 23, 2014 / 7:50 PM

That is how I look in the car too!!!! My blood pressure is just boiling even seeing your ramp scenario. People are too dumb for that shit!!!!

Annoying neighbors are the worst!

I miss Trader Joes, even if they have a stupid parking set up at EVEY location. See it as part of the experience and be thankful you have one. There are ZERO here and it makes my little heart ache.

49. April 23, 2014 / 7:52 PM

I agree with 99% of these. Especially traffic. My normally 15-20min drive to work sans traffic can take me anywhere from 45min to an hour and 15minutes. It is SO frustrating!

50. April 23, 2014 / 8:03 PM

Somebody stole a package from you?! That’s awful!!! And I think it’s a Federal offense!

51. April 23, 2014 / 8:22 PM

This is a serious question: how do you find the time to write such awesome, detailed posts?? They’re always awesome!

52. April 23, 2014 / 10:29 PM

HAHAHA I started laughing about the traffic post with the david after dentist gif… SO ME!!!~ I can’t believe there are billboards for ER wait times! so ridiculous!

53. April 23, 2014 / 10:31 PM

Our downstairs neighbor dog barks for hours, too! Whenever they aren’t home. It’s so fucking annoying! I swear one of these days I’m just going to throw a steak through their window with a tranquilizer pill hidden inside.

54. April 23, 2014 / 10:43 PM

I totally laughed at “I need to start getting some dependents!”

55. April 24, 2014 / 1:05 AM

I can’t believe people are taking your stuff but I can and OMG yes the Northerners need to go back home! Good Friday my drive in was absolutely fabulous! Our next door neighbor has a little yappy dog that must bark whenever it goes outside. *shakes head* Boomer, our Beagle only whines to let us know he needs to come back in. “Good boy!”

56. April 24, 2014 / 1:14 AM

The pins that go to a google image search or blog home page just make me want to rage – even if it was interesting, 99% of the time I won’t go through 10 pages of posts to find it again.

57. April 24, 2014 / 2:13 PM

The Trader Joe’s one is SO SO true! I start getting angry on the drive over, just because I know the parking lot will be a nightmare. C’mon TJ, pull it together!

58. April 24, 2014 / 4:56 PM

Yep, paid $1300 to the IRS the first year we were married, such bullshit!

59. April 25, 2014 / 6:46 AM

Yes, Trader Joe’s parking is so annoying! And the Pinterest pin to nowhere. Rude! Love this post!

60. April 25, 2014 / 4:47 PM

OMG I AM SERIOUSLY DYING! Trader Joe parking lots are the effing WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t believe someone took your package for your doorstep, what a crock of shit. Is Forever 21 replacing it?

61. April 25, 2014 / 6:13 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That boy in the car is the greatest! I died! I can agree with some of these totally! Especially the Pinterest one! Epic FAIL!

62. April 26, 2014 / 2:35 AM

This post made me so happy, I couldn’t agree with you more on these things. Just yes :D

63. April 28, 2014 / 8:12 PM

just catching up from last week, omg love this shit right there, every month when I pay mr tax man I think this is balls. My tax lady told me I either need to have more kids (ahhh no thank you) or buy something (again ahh no thanks, I like calling someone when shit is broke and they come fix it) I love the diagram you are so creative! And seriously who steals shit anymore..why, just why?

64. May 9, 2014 / 1:47 PM

I feel like there should be a check box next to all of your favorites so you could see how right on your are! Love that armin song. I see everyone in those lulu tanks and I want one too after my waist sounds down ;)