Look That I’m Digging – Statement Pullovers

I have been trying to be really good with holiday spending since I’m going to just have to pack it up and move it all anyways.  Why are all the sales so good over the holidays?????  Anyways so I really haven’t been too on board with all the graphic tees and such because I try to make my wardrobe a hybrid of work appropriate slash casual weekend wear and I don’t think my patients would love things such as

complete with the acid washed jeans look
However I was recently lured in by Forever 21’s newest sale by this dress.  I think it’s such a great twist on lace and will be perfect for holiday parties with black tights, booties (obsessed with this pair) and big sparkly statement necklaces.
Then naturally I got to browsing and found this pullover which I think I could get away with at work. I love the pullover look and think it is so versatile.  I can see it under my J.Crew Herringbone vest with a layered plaid scarf (super affordable!) on the top. Casual with black riding pants and ballet flats love the detail on this pair.  Dressed up with a flouncy skirt.  I have high hopes for this one.
I love this look.  May be a tiny impractical for the day to day but love the perfect layers.
I pulled together some of my favorite ones that didn’t involve things like “I woke up like this“.

What do you think?  I kind of like the pullover look a little more than the teeshirt or maybe it’s just actually in the 50’s here so I can get excited about cold weather clothes finally!  Let me know your thoughts!  xoxoox

1. November 13, 2014 / 8:29 AM

Great picks Amanda!!
    I love a cute pullover, they are so comfortable. My favorite of your picks is the WONDERFUL sweater.
    How exciting is 50 degrees in Florida?!? Enjoy it wile it lasts. :)

2. November 13, 2014 / 10:51 AM

That forever 21 dress is awesome! Love the dreamer top as well. xo

3. November 13, 2014 / 11:17 AM

Super cute look!! The forever 21 and bloomingdales ones are my favorite!! Perfect for the Florida Fall!! xo

4. November 13, 2014 / 11:55 AM

I love the pullovers!! Loving that Nordstrom skirt and the plaid skirt too! Both would look amazing with a pullover. It’s nice its finally a bit chillier out here!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

5. November 13, 2014 / 1:19 PM

I think the pullovers are totally cute and every one needs some casual weekend pieces!

6. November 13, 2014 / 1:27 PM

I love the graphic tees! I only have one from Wildfox, but I think they’re super cute… I just always tend to go for more classic items like you said :)

7. November 13, 2014 / 1:30 PM

I love statement sweatshirts. I bought a pink one from Loft that has french on it and it’s one of my new faves!

8. November 13, 2014 / 1:30 PM

Want that Paris Please one!!

9. November 13, 2014 / 1:41 PM

pullover sounds better than sweatshirt. i have some super cute ones from jcrew that work for all kinds of things. comfort is key :)

10. November 13, 2014 / 1:42 PM

Your looks are awesome (the first one not so much my thing, but I could see someone else rocking it). Definitely love that lacy dress!

11. November 13, 2014 / 1:54 PM

I am in love with statement tee’s, but only because I like to wear as little clothing as possible (that sounds a little creepy/dirty, but you know what I’m sayin’, right?! HA!) but now that it is freezing here I’m with you! Statement pullovers are the best! I don’t know why I love this style so much, but I’m diggin’ it!

12. November 13, 2014 / 1:58 PM

That dress is fabulous! And I love the statement tees and pullovers! I have one from Old Navy that says “Something Beautiful is on the Horizon” and I just love that! :) I think they are such a fun trend and very versatile!

13. November 13, 2014 / 2:05 PM

I live in sweaters like this during non-work hours. They’re seriously the best!

14. November 13, 2014 / 2:11 PM

I love the french inspired graphics, so much better than some silly phrase! Way more up my alley!

15. November 13, 2014 / 2:19 PM

Super cute looks! I definitely think if done correctly, graphic pullovers can be dressed up or down as a chic statement. You definitely could pull it off!

16. November 13, 2014 / 2:23 PM

I love a good pullover and my favourite is the Paris Please:) It looks so comfy. Have a great morning.

17. November 13, 2014 / 2:35 PM

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Why do all of these sales have to be going on when I don’t want to spend money right now? Rude!! We also have SO much cute stuff at work I want to buy all of it… Anyways.. I want that Paris Please shirt. So that I can wear it around Chris all of the time. It can be my way of asking him to take me back there haha. I hope that you are having a good day so far too. Its freezing here and I wish that I was back in Miami… :-/

18. November 13, 2014 / 2:41 PM

Oh you and my sister would get along great! Every time I see her she has a new pullover with some big statement words on them! Some I understand and some I don’t!

19. November 13, 2014 / 2:55 PM

I have been eye-ing that plaid skirt, pullover, denim shirt outfit – for a few weeks now. I even TOUCHED the skirt when I was in F21 last Friday Night. But, I didn’t have the confidence to try it on. Don’t know why – but I am with you – I love the perfect layered look of it. Also – is it sad that I am really getting into these hats?

I love the Holy Chic pullover! I am with you – let’s go shop! hahaha

20. November 13, 2014 / 3:33 PM

I feel bad for not knowing French now :)

21. November 13, 2014 / 3:41 PM

That dress is so pretty and so YOU! You’d rock it!

22. November 13, 2014 / 3:51 PM

Love the pic of the girl in the red plaid skirt. I have to add some more professional pieces to my wardrobe for the new job but I am not a slacks and jacket kind of girl. I love that with these pullovers I can dress them up to be more “professional” but also wear them on weekends with jeans and booties to brunch.
    ~Elise @ highheelsglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

23. November 13, 2014 / 4:28 PM

forever 21 online shopping is my biggest weakness.

24. November 13, 2014 / 4:46 PM

Really like that F21 dress!!

25. November 13, 2014 / 5:31 PM

That dress is really pretty! I like the Every day until whenever shirt. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow so layers are a must!

26. November 13, 2014 / 5:44 PM

These are so cute. I’d definitely wear one around the house, but feel like I couldn’t pull it off out hah. I’ll let you handle the public ;)

27. November 13, 2014 / 6:14 PM

I used to never been a big fan of graphic tees/sweaters but I am really liking these simple ones! I’m a big fan of pullover sweaters for the fact that they leave no skin uncovered (it’s cold here!) and to find some that I could feel okay about leaving the house in and wearing sans-jacket would be wonderful!

28. November 13, 2014 / 6:21 PM

I’m not a big graphic tee fan… Or, errrr, not a fan at all, I should say. I mean, at 30 years old should I have a mid-drift bearing shirt that says “gangsta rap made me do it” with a baby on my hip? Yeah, no. Interesting that French seems to be the language of choice for the tee’s. I wonder how many people walk around not knowing what their shirt says?! I’m totally asking the next person I see wear one!!! I’ll let you know how it pans out!

Ok, I’ll stop being a negative Nancy hater on the graphic tee’s now ;) Clearly I’m “hangry” and need to eat some lunch!

29. November 13, 2014 / 7:02 PM

I think statement pull overs are so fun! I always feel more pit together when I throw one over my gym clothes, and they’re super fun for day to day!

30. November 13, 2014 / 7:55 PM

Love these! I’m a big fan! I have one that says “Meet Me In Paree” that I love.

31. November 14, 2014 / 1:17 AM

Such cute sweaters! I’ve had my eye on similar pullovers with cute designs and sayings.

32. November 14, 2014 / 2:28 AM

You seriously always have the best finds! Love these!

33. November 14, 2014 / 2:52 AM

love all these tops and i actually just got one that is similar that says something in french that i don’t understand ha. hopefully it’s something cool.

34. November 14, 2014 / 3:01 AM

I love the look of graphic tees but I don’t know that I could pull them off. I’m like you… I like things that are versatile!

35. November 14, 2014 / 3:06 AM

Confession: I live in the caribbean but I love and wear lots of sweaters and cardigans! haha I cant wear them to work like some people (suits erryday) but I do love them!