Things I’m Digging – Valentine’s Day Looks

I’m sure you may know by now but I am always on the hunt for the ultimate red dress.  I found a fabulous little lace number for around the holiday season that was super affordable.  To give you plenty of time before the holiday I have rounded up a few accents pieces for you.

True story.  Our first date was two days after Valentine’s Day.  My rule with dating in the beginning was to never give up a Friday or Saturday in the beginning until it was earned ;-)  So when we were trying to figure out a date I flippantly threw out “how about Tuesday” and Mark (so sweet) “I mean that’s Valentine’s day……I’m cool with that if you are?”  To which I responded “noooo let’s do Thursday“.  So our first date was on February 16th and we are getting married on February 20th exactly 3 years to that date where I was a half hour late and Mark was a half hour early to make sure I didn’t get there first and would have to wait by myself.  Awwwwww those courting days as I like to say.

Here are a few pieces I am coveting.  I have this dress in green and I’m obsessed.  It is a total Herve Leger dupe for a quarter of the price.  Also love the swing on the skirt of this dress.  This one is super affordable and love the cut of it.

Also if you need any inspiration for potential present ideas.  Don’t worry I have you covered.  This purse and this watch are at the top of my list.

What do you usually do for Valentine’s Day?  This year we most likely will be running around like crazy with all the last minute details but I hope to be able to sneak away for some together time with a great bottle glass of wine.  I used to always go out with my girlfriends for a high end dinner and then out and about before Mr. Mark came into my life.  Now 3 years later look how far we’ve come.  Seriously aren’t I getting so sentimental towards the end???  Yikes.  Don’t worry my cynical snappy self is still in here. I just do happen to love February xoxoxoxo

1. January 27, 2015 / 6:38 AM

So cute that Mark was a half hour early because he didn’t want you to have to be waiting. I love hearing about first dates and how we met stories. Scott and I are usually very low key, actually our first two years we went to the same place for vday and then last year he cooked us dinner at home :)

2. January 27, 2015 / 12:06 PM

first, give me anything in this pic. and second, omg he came early so you wouldn’t have to be alone??? winner right there.

3. January 27, 2015 / 12:07 PM

Awww, what a sweet dating story. Love that you threw out Valentine’s day, hahaha, ooooops!

I love the pink and the red looks, so cute and sweet. And love that you’re so sappy, haha. My husband and I usually keep it low key for Valentine’s day. We always exchange cards, but it’s usually a yummy dinner cooked at home. I don’t need the fancy, I just need the love :)!

Have a great day!

4. January 27, 2015 / 12:09 PM

Aww you and Mark are so cute!! I don’t ever do dates on Valentine’s Day. I just can’t deal with the rush of people. I will take everything on your gift list though! :-) I have that bauble bar ring and I love it!!

5. January 27, 2015 / 12:16 PM

I love Mark stories – just the cutest ever!!! I like a cozy night in with a seriously delicious dinner and good movie…so nothing crazy lol!! I could go for a new pair of sunglasses! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

6. January 27, 2015 / 12:21 PM

I love that story of you guys–you’ve come full circle now! :)
    Love all of the red dress looks, especially the one in the second row.
    My husband and I don’t really do anything major big for Valentines Day–we do cards and a small gift (the hubby usually sends flowers–last year was 2 months before our wedding and he sent me flowers that were the same flowers from my wedding bouquet). I just like the quality time with him, and a card. I live for a card with a sweet message :)

7. January 27, 2015 / 12:41 PM

“Never give up a Friday or Saturday until it’s earned.” GIRL YES. Love this!
    Love this shot of you and Mark- what a gorgeous couple.
    And amazing Valentine’s picks!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

8. January 27, 2015 / 12:42 PM

That Asos dress is gorgeous! We normally go out to a nice dinner but this year we’re getting massages and facials then hanging out at home, I’m looking forward to it.

9. January 27, 2015 / 1:13 PM

How cute are you two?? Loving all these red and pink goodies! Brian actually has the day off which is a small victory in itself since weekends free are rare!

10. January 27, 2015 / 1:26 PM

You are so close, will be here before you know it. Too cute he was early and you were late. Ha! Love the red and white ASOS dress. Stunning.

11. January 27, 2015 / 1:49 PM

Loving that full midi red skirt! So cute! Love all the sweet gestures during the courting stage! So sweet!

12. January 27, 2015 / 1:58 PM

I LOVE all your dress/outfit picks – if I could justify buying one of them, I probably would. Our Valentine’s Day is going to be pretty low-key this year, I think. We would rather put money toward our home renovations instead of getting silly gifts for each other. PLUS, my birthday is two weeks after, so I’m never too hard on Ryan. :)

13. January 27, 2015 / 2:03 PM

Love that story about you two! How cute is that?! I love February too! Who doesn’t love celebrating love?!

14. January 27, 2015 / 2:15 PM

That is a funny first date story! Love your present picks, especially that mug and the tulle skirt. Our Vday is always low key because it’s smack in the middle of busy season for my hubs.

15. January 27, 2015 / 2:22 PM

Such a sweet story of you two. Those outfits you chose are all SO pretty and would look awesome on you!

16. January 27, 2015 / 2:22 PM

Awww, what a cute first date story, love it! I LOVE the dresses you picked out, and I would gladly take any of those goodies as a present! I love that coffee mug, that’s hilarious! :)

17. January 27, 2015 / 2:23 PM

Pretty picks! My bday is Jan. 28th and Adam’s is Feb. 12, so Valentine’s Day gets a little pushed aside. We’re tired of eating out and spending money, so at that point we normally just order sushi in and watch Netflix. Pretty perfect to me.

18. January 27, 2015 / 2:45 PM

We do nothing. That sounds so horrible, but it;s true. I think I bought G a houseplant last year. Maybe two, because I was feeling frisky.

19. January 27, 2015 / 2:56 PM

Great picks, loving the lace bralette- so cute! We never do anything crazy, but exchanging cards is a must! Maybe a nice dinner out, and a little gift never hurts!

20. January 27, 2015 / 3:10 PM

Aww, love the first date story…”never give up a Friday or Saturday”…I had rules when I met Jason and they quickly went out the window once I realized he was quite geniune!

21. January 27, 2015 / 3:18 PM

I want ALL of the red dresses! And that jumpsuit? Fabulous!! We usually keep things low key for Valentines Day – just a nice dinner out but this year I’m considering mixing it up and doing fondue at home!

22. January 27, 2015 / 3:24 PM

I have a love/hate with Valentine’s Day. I love to go out to a nice dinner, but it’s always SO packed everywhere that it kind of takes the intimacy out of it. Also they’re randomly bringing a giant waterslide thing to downtown West Palm on Vday this year so… slip & slide???

23. January 27, 2015 / 3:41 PM

I love the story of your first day lol! So many fun picks!!

24. January 27, 2015 / 3:53 PM

why did you do this to me?? i want ALL OF IT. seriously. i love v-day stuff!

25. January 27, 2015 / 3:56 PM

We’re really laid back, low key for V-day… who can celebrate when you have to work all day? #fuddypeople :)

26. January 27, 2015 / 4:09 PM

Steve and I don’t make a big day about Valentines Day bc our anniversary is 2 weeks later (Feb 29th… Leap Day… I know, I’m weird) and then his birthday is just a week later. We do cards and something small, and I’m thinking that coffee mug would be a fantastic gift! I’m also going to look at a few of those outfits for our anniversary dinner.

27. January 27, 2015 / 4:17 PM

How SWEET. Seriously.

And I will take one of each, please! ;)

I think we’re doing a low-key V-day this year. We’ll probably cook at home with a bottle of wine.

28. January 27, 2015 / 4:35 PM

Those dresses make me want to go somewhere fancy for V Dday. We’ll probably be lame and just stay home. Wait till you get married, you get boring and frugal!
    Ally – Life as I know it

29. January 27, 2015 / 5:00 PM

I’ve honestly never been crazy over Valentine’s Day. Even when I had a boyfriend. Last year I was dating someone but spent it with my parents, who were visiting from MN, in San Marcos. This year I’m not dating anyone but I’m going to a rodeo in San Antonio with a friend, who got married back in October, & chose that day to go to the rodeo with me haha. Some of those dresses are super cute though.

30. January 27, 2015 / 5:16 PM

Love the French Connection lace fit and flare dress, the tulle skirt, and your bandage dress. I have to work on Valentines Day until 7 pm so we will probably just have dinner and wine at home. All of those outfits make me want to go out though haha. Cute story about you and Mark too, and that picture of you guys is beautiful. :-)

31. January 27, 2015 / 5:26 PM

omg i love the story. i’m totally a tuesday/wednesday date kind of girl. i went on one last friday and was like who am i?? oh just a girl who needs free drinks and a nice face to look at, i guess i can oblige. ahhaah

32. January 27, 2015 / 5:49 PM

I’m not into Valentine’s Day. However, I love the pink and red combos all over. I even got pretty V Day socks. ;) This year, as a newlywed, we are just staying home and cooking together. Relaxed, easy, affordable and fun. ;) I prefer nights like that.

33. January 27, 2015 / 6:07 PM

Such a great collection of Valentine’s Day things, I love the “treat yourself” bag!

34. January 27, 2015 / 6:13 PM

so many great dresses! The lace one is probably my favorite, though! We normally lay pretty low for Valentine’s day but maybe that will change this year!

35. January 27, 2015 / 6:26 PM

hahahaha I want to get MFD that mug. That’s hilarious.

We usually just make dinner and dessert at home. I hate going out to restaurants with fixed menus and big crowds on days like valentine’s day. It’s a Hallmark holiday anyway.

36. January 27, 2015 / 7:10 PM

Those dresses are fabulous! Perfect for Valentines Day :)

We’re not big on Valentines Day and usually stay in. I’ll make something special like a pot of fondue and we’ll have champagne by the fire pit outside, but nothing fancy. We’re both allergic to seafood so all the fixed menus (comprising of mostly seafood) and crowds keep us away from restaurants that time of year.

37. January 27, 2015 / 7:23 PM

Love the forever 21 dress!

38. January 27, 2015 / 7:51 PM

Ohhh I love that first dress in the second row!! They are all cute outfits!!

We normally stay in for Valentine’s Day and I make homemade lasagna with homemade sauce and we sometimes might have some wine. I bought these super cute glasses our first Valentine’s Day together, and I pull them out every year to use. Little did I know when I bought those glasses that I would be engaged the next weekend!!

39. January 27, 2015 / 8:23 PM

we really don’t celebrate valentines day – it’s too close to my birthday so we just do my birthday (fine by me!). and aw how cute he rocked up early so you wouldn’t have to wait… true love ;)

40. January 27, 2015 / 9:12 PM

Loving all those red dresses! Already looking forward to it warming up around here to wear cute dresses again.

41. January 27, 2015 / 9:13 PM

obsessed with that black long sleeve top and red skirt look. even for a non valentine’s event! and y’all are just too cute – and i can’t believe the wedding is so soon! me? i’ll probably be watching some 50 shades and drinking. so, like a normal weekend ha.

42. January 27, 2015 / 9:55 PM

I am seriously obsessed with finding a cool jumpsuit. Not sure I can pull off strapless… could be dangerous wardrobe malfunction territory lol. But that is really cute!

43. January 28, 2015 / 12:32 AM

I always have the hardest time finding a good red dress, I’ll definitely be checking those out :)

44. January 28, 2015 / 12:45 AM

I love the fact that he got there a half hour early so you wouldn’t show up first! I have never owned or even tried on a red dress in my entire life but I am trying to dress up more on dates instead of being so casual all of the time. The long sleeved black top with the red skirt is a really cute happy medium that I wouldn’t have thought of before!

45. January 28, 2015 / 1:20 AM

Um the F21 jumpsuit is so hot! But so is the Asos dress. I’m thinking I need one of the two and we go out for a change and brave all the young lovers this year ;)

46. January 28, 2015 / 2:00 AM

Your story about your first date is just adorable. That’s an awesome rule! Totally wish I would’ve come up with that one. Oh well, I have a daughter to pass the knowledge along to. (;

47. January 28, 2015 / 2:51 AM

Such a cute first date story! And I love all of these picks!

Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

48. January 28, 2015 / 3:55 AM

Such a sweet story! I love that pic of you two in black & white. And that Kate Spade watch- to die for. XO

49. January 28, 2015 / 5:42 AM

Uh, can I have all of these items?? That would be awesome.

50. January 29, 2015 / 10:32 PM

Love all the looks! You are so close to the wedding!!! eeks Im getting excited :)

51. January 30, 2015 / 6:04 PM

My boyfriend & I started dating 2 days before Valentine’s Day, so your story is sweet :). Love all those gift ideas!!

52. February 2, 2015 / 1:29 AM

You guys are so darn cute together… I can’t wait to see your wedding pics! GAHHH!
    I love that deal about “earning” weekend dates! You should write a book! hahah

53. February 4, 2015 / 8:28 PM

Bahaha! That short little first date story is so cute :) Cracks me up that you were late and he was early :) I love little red dresses! So many of these are very pretty! Hopefully your able to enjoy one last Valentine’s day as an unmarried couple just DAYS before your wedding! Oh my goodness! It’s coming up so fast! :) My husband and I are lame and do NOTHING for Valentine’s day. Ever. Even before we were old and married. ha! :)