Friday Favorites – Summer Loving

Happy Friday!  Did anyone else feel like you blinked and this week was over?  I think it was because I was playing catchup all week from being out of town over the long holiday weekend.  I have plans tonight to grab a belated birthday dinner with some of my girlfriends.  Can’t wait!  I think we are going to check out bartaco in Hyde Park.  Have any of my local peeps tried it yet?  It looks pretty casual but good food.  My one friend is trying to get me to see Magic Mike……the jury is still out on that one.  What did y’all think of it?? Let’s get right into these favorites!

happy friday
via

Favorite Song

I seriously cannot get enough of this song.  Such a great vibe!  If I was still teaching spin, this would be on my playlist every single time.  James Bay, “Hold Back the River”.

Favorite Recipe

Get the whole what pitas from Trader Joe’s.  Healthy lunch!  Baked Eggplant and Zucchini Sandwiches with Avocado Aioli full recipe here.

Baked Eggplant and Zucchini Sandwiches with Avocado Aioli

Favorite Workout

Print it out and get to it.  Less than 10 minutes but guaranteed to get your sweat on.

Tone it Up workouts

Favorite Purchase

Okay I think it’s safe to say everyone knows about the Nordstrom Anniversary sale by now!  I picked up quite a few things but the top of the list are these Frye Boots, this cape which will be worn on major repeat, of course the YSL lip stain trio set and Zella leggings.  They have already shipped isn’t that crazy?  Check out my complete shopping guide, it is everything you need to know.

Favorite Funnies

When I have to return an online purchase back to the mall.

Ugh people

When I’m hiding in my office and I hear someone ask if I’m available to see a late patient

tumblr_inline_nnla5qZADp1r79k32_500
My idea of a perfect Friday night

chip me
The response, when I ask my girlfriends if I should just get a glass of wine or do they think we should just get a bottle

tumblr_inline_nqpixglt351r79k32_500
Finally…vowing to eat healthy all week…..then a drug rep brings in catered lunch

I like food

Okay now it’s your turn!  Link up and tell me your favs from the week!  What is on your Nordstrom radar?  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! xoxoxo

Follow me on Bloglovin ||  Follow my looks along on Instagram || Get my latest blog posts daily to your email here || Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook || Check my latest tweet here

1. July 10, 2015 / 12:56 AM

That sandwich!! And Im in need of some new workouts – Its all been Beach Body and 30 Day Challenges so far this year

2. July 10, 2015 / 1:28 AM

Ummm..those baked zucchini’s..I need those. Why have I not eaten zucchini in so long? And not on a delicious sandwich? I still have my Zella leggings from last year’s sale, and they are still awesome. I have worn those things so many times since then.

3. July 10, 2015 / 1:40 AM

Those Frye boots are gorggggggeous! Another blogger recommended that James Bay song. I immediately added it to a couple of playlists. It’s a good one. Happy weekending :)

4. July 10, 2015 / 3:47 AM

Love those Frye boots.
    So wish I was in the States to take advantage of the sale.
    Have a great evening in Hyde Park and enjoy your weekend. :)

5. July 10, 2015 / 6:06 AM

I’m not a nordstrom cardholder but you better believe I will be next year after seeing all of the sale info! Also, I’ve been singing that James Bay song for weeks now so I totally understand!

6. July 10, 2015 / 6:08 AM

I never saw the first Magic Mike so I’m definitely no help there although I’ve heard the second one is good. Love all of your Nordstrom goodies! Those boots are seriously amazing! Have an amazing weekend love!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

7. July 10, 2015 / 6:31 AM

Loving all of your Nordstrom picks girl, especially those sunnies!
    Your funnies, as always, crack me up!
    Hope you have a great weekend!!

8. July 10, 2015 / 6:35 AM

I’m surprised you didn’t just pick up every single color they offer for YSL LOL…also bring them all to Charleston – please and thank you!!! I haven’t seen the first Magic Mike…so I haven’t seen the second one either LOL!! OMG the fish funny about not wanting to see a patient later – that is literally me at work, but with trying to show how busy I am so I can’t!!! Happy Friday love! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

9. July 10, 2015 / 6:45 AM

Glass or bottle …. most definately a bottle!

10. July 10, 2015 / 6:53 AM

Omg I’m loving all of your Nordstrom picks!!! I mean you can never go wrong with Frye boots and I love those mesh capri tights! Happy Friday!! ❤️

11. July 10, 2015 / 7:16 AM

That sandwich looks fun, I have never had eggplant before. Would you believe it? Clearly I need to get on that. I like quick work outs like that. Great for when you don’t have a lot of time to spare…or great to pair with a few other quick ones for a full body sweat! I hope you have an amazing weekend! I am totally planning on looking like Kourtney in bed with chips tonight hahaha.

12. July 10, 2015 / 7:27 AM

I have those Frye boots and they are aaaamazing. So comfortable and go with everything! Love that cape. Happy Friday!

13. July 10, 2015 / 7:34 AM

I’m saving that sandwich to my Pinterest right now… looks AMAZING!

I said the same thing – the week went so fast. Now fingers crossed today goes as fast.

14. July 10, 2015 / 7:35 AM

my frye boots are my addiction. Love the ones you got. I am going this weekend, my mister gave me a nordstrom gift card for our anniversary, perfect timing!

15. July 10, 2015 / 7:40 AM

loved your nordi post–just when i thought i had my list ready to go and now i’ve added about 7 more things because WHY NOT! that recipe looks so yummy and a great way to mix up my usual lunches. have a great weekend!

16. July 10, 2015 / 7:55 AM

I’m seriously going back and forth on whether to add the poncho or not…. I’ve already done too much damage (oops), but it’s just so cute!

17. July 10, 2015 / 7:57 AM

I felt like this week was so long because I’ve had so many short ones recently, lol. Your funnies are so great, especially the wine and food one. That quick workout looks like one I’ve been looking for! Have a great weekend and a happy Friday!

18. July 10, 2015 / 8:04 AM

Awesome Nordies haul girl! I need to stay strong and hope some good stuff is left on the 17th! I saw the first Magic Mike with the girls, and it was ehhh but a good time to go see with your girlfriends. I’ve heard the second one is better so I say go for it ;-)

Happy Friday, and enjoy your b-day celebrations <3

19. July 10, 2015 / 8:21 AM

haha magic mike – that’s a hard no for me! jealous your nordstrom stuff shipped already but i’m pretty sure you ordered like 12 hours before me haha (i ordered at lunch) – cannot wait for my goodies to arrive! love that song too btw. have fun tonight w/ the girls! i’m gonna be so close to you!!

20. July 10, 2015 / 8:30 AM

That recipe looks delicious! We are growing mini eggplants on our balcony so I’ll have to try this. Love all of your Nordstrom picks too!! Did you get all of those things? That first gif is definitely how I feel at work sometimes lol. And Kourtney and Scott!!! Kind of sad seeing that. Even though they will probably be back together next week. I hope that you have a fab weekend and enjoy your birthday night out! :-)

21. July 10, 2015 / 8:46 AM

I might have to also get that cape or another cape to add to my collection. I love them. I have a pair of Frye boots that I splurged on about 15 years ago and they still look amazing and I love them more than ever. Solid choice. Have a great weekend!

22. July 10, 2015 / 8:50 AM

Umm, yes to those baked eggplant and zucchini sandwiches! Sounds delish! And I really need to start working out. I think I may start with that 7 minute summer toning workout you posted! Have a great weekend!

23. July 10, 2015 / 8:52 AM

Always the bottle. Always. :)

Your weekly workouts are always so helpful to me!

24. July 10, 2015 / 8:56 AM

hahaha your funnies always make my day! Great purchases too- have a great weekend!! xo

25. July 10, 2015 / 8:58 AM

LOL the “chip me”. oh, how i miss chips….i haven’t eaten them since 2011 :(

26. July 10, 2015 / 9:04 AM

My week has gone on and on and on… but I feel like I’m blinking and this summer is over!! It’s the worst. I love the YSL lip glosses, but I haven’t tried them since they changed the packaging. Do you know if they are still the same formula? One of them (the long slim packages) was great, but the ones that looked like pens had a very chemical taste/smell to them that I didn’t like at all!

27. July 10, 2015 / 9:09 AM

You will love Tory Burch sunnies – I love mine and I even run in them! Those things stay put, I tell you! I’ll be making my purchases today when hubs and inlaws take H and let me have an afternoon to myself!! Whoohoo! That pita sammy looks on point and the gif of Red makes me want season 4 of OITNB to come out, stat!

28. July 10, 2015 / 9:14 AM

I love your sale picks. Those frye boots are amazing. I have two pairs of them and love them. They are well worth the money. They last forever!! Have a wonderful weekend.

29. July 10, 2015 / 9:19 AM

That veggie sandwich looks amazing!! Love those tortoise sunglasses too. The gif with the fish!! lol Aw and the Scott and Kourtney one is making me a little sad. I know they are dysfunctional, but part of me hopes he will get the help that he needs after all this. At least to be a reliable father for his children. You always have to remember no one really wants to be that way. Enjoy your birthday lunch! xo

30. July 10, 2015 / 9:36 AM

Great song! Building up a beach play list as we speak. (; Speaking of beach, how perfect would that healthy lunch be?! Thanks girl, have a wonderful weekend. (:

31. July 10, 2015 / 9:37 AM

But really…ugh, people! ;)

I don’t have a pair of Zella leggings yet, but I think this is when I finally need to get a pair…

32. Darcy
    July 10, 2015 / 9:37 AM

Ugh I so wish there was a Trader Joe’s near me!! The closest one is 45 minutes away an dI just can’t drive that far for groceries haha!!

33. July 10, 2015 / 9:44 AM

I love you favorites! That recipe is on my Pinterest because I LOVE avocados and anything in a pita! The 7 minute workout looks good too! Your funnies always crack me up! haha :)

Have a great weekend!

34. July 10, 2015 / 9:54 AM

I need to make that avocado aioli – it looks delicious. Thank goodness for Trader Joe’s!

35. July 10, 2015 / 10:13 AM

I like that James Bay song too but AltNation on Sirius is playing it way too much! I pay money to hear different songs and no commercials, why am I hearing the same songs over and over?! All of these great deals are making me wish I had a Nordstrom card!

36. jillian
    July 10, 2015 / 10:44 AM

hahah love the chip gif…thats perfect. minus scott.. ew not a fan. anyways have a great weekend! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

37. July 10, 2015 / 10:53 AM

okay i need to do that 7 minute workout like RIGHT NOW no excuses!

38. July 10, 2015 / 11:12 AM

That sandwich looks really good. I love the chip me gif ha. That does indeed sound like a perfect night.

39. July 10, 2015 / 11:19 AM

You crack me up! I’m trying to decide if I can squeeze my enormous calves into those boots or not because IWANTTHEM!

40. July 10, 2015 / 11:21 AM

Ooo love that song! LOL that “I like food” gif is so me! That pita sandwich looks amazing!! Happy weekend girl!

41. July 10, 2015 / 11:38 AM

That sandwich looks amazing! I will definitely have to try that out soon! :)

42. July 10, 2015 / 11:45 AM

I want those Frye’s sooooo bad, but the hubs is being a Debbie downer with the sale right now. I may just sneak a few things and hope he doesn’t ever check the prices. :)

Love the gifs this week girl! Have a nice weekend!

43. July 10, 2015 / 12:06 PM

LOL @ “chip me”….Love your new sunnies and the YSL lip stains. I’ve been dying to try one out myself.

44. July 10, 2015 / 1:11 PM

oh my gosh that little girl pushing in the other little girl. hilarious! that recipe looks delish and i really should do that workout.

45. July 10, 2015 / 1:22 PM

Love the cape that you got! I’m definitely getting one but just can’t decide WHICH one yet!! So many great choices. Happy weekend!

46. July 10, 2015 / 1:32 PM

Ugh yes to returning online purchases to the mall! 9 times out of 10 I end up keeping it just to avoid returns! Such a waste of money. Hopefully the YSL stain set doesn’t sell out before the sale goes live for us simpletons without a card! haha :) Have a great weekend lady!

47. July 10, 2015 / 4:41 PM

That recipe looks amazing! Trader Joe’s is just the best. I need to pick up those pitas next time.

48. July 11, 2015 / 7:43 AM

that ideal friday night though haha x) have a great weekend amanda!

49. July 11, 2015 / 10:14 AM

Ummm that recipe…the whole wheat pitas are a staple around here! Can’t wait to try that! Xx.

50. July 11, 2015 / 10:59 AM

Ugh this Nordstrom sale is slowly killing me! My roommate is a cardholder and is trying to get me to come to the dark side, but she keeps coming home with bags and bags of things and I’m so jealous!

xoxo,
    Meghan
    Southern Belle Secrets

51. July 12, 2015 / 2:10 PM

Those pita sandwiches are definitely calling my name – nothing better than eggplant! So glad that you’re having luck with the Nordstrom sale, and that .gif of the boy pushing the girl off the diving board is hysterical. Happy Sunday, lady!