The Little Black Lace Dress

Do you have one piece of clothing that you just can’t say no to?  When you shop you always seem to unconsciously gravitate towards it, even though you have plenty of it already in your closet. For me, it’s black lace anything.  I love black lace tops, pretty lace back bras and my ultimate weakness, little black lace dresses.  When I spied this beauty during the SHOPBOP sale, I couldn’t resist it.  Rebecca Taylor is one of my favorite designers.  Her pieces are feminine but structured and hold up well.  The price point is up there but if you can find them on sale, jump on them.

New Orleans Fashion Street StyleRebecca Taylor Black lace dress

I loved the pleated skirt and mixed media shoulder details of this dress.  This is a great dress for the holidays or a nice dinner out.  You can glam it up with accessories and heels.  I loved shooting in it when we were in New Orleans.  The Halloween and witchy vibes were a perfect backdrop.  I paired it with my Aunts vintage YSL heels.Rebecca Taylor Lace DressRebeccaTaylorBlackLaceDress2Black Lace Dress Rebecca Taylor

Dress here | Mid range here | Under $30 here | Necklace here | Heels vintage similar here | Sunglasses here budget friendly here | Bag similar here

These kind of dresses can be transitioned into the Winter months by adding thick tights and this jacket over it.

New OrleansNew Orleans Street StyleRebecca TaylorBlack Lace Dress

Here are a few other LBLDs that I’ve had my eye on!  How gorgeous is this Joie one?  Here is a budget friendly option that is under $50.  This DVF beauty is priced matched on sale right now.  BB Dakota nailed it with this one and its under $100.  Lace and fringe, that’s a combo I can get behind.  I am in love with this one and it’s under $20!

What is your number one shopping weakness?  What can you not say no to?  I also seem to have a total affinity to stripes and ballet flats but that is for another day.  I hope everyone is having a fab week and I am counting the hours to the weekend for sure.

Follow my looks along on Instagram || Get my latest blog posts daily to your email here
Pin along with me on Pinterest || Like Meet @ the Barre on Facebook || Check my latest tweet here

1. November 12, 2015 / 6:09 AM

I’m a huge fan of black lace, it’s so chic and trendy no matter the season. You look great on the NOLA streets!

2. November 12, 2015 / 6:18 AM

I love the dropped waist on the dress super pretty!! Seeing all the shots of NOLA makes me wish I was going there this weekend! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

3. November 12, 2015 / 6:40 AM

It reminds me of that dark green dress form Forever 21. I got so many compliments on that dress last year when I wore it to a holiday party! Yours is stunning :)

4. November 12, 2015 / 7:03 AM

You can never go wrong with a lbd as a go-to. Love all of your other options and your pictures are so pretty!

Xoxo,

Whitney & Blaire

Peaches In A Pod

5. November 12, 2015 / 7:35 AM

This dress looks just gorgeous on you!!! So timeless and classy! I love the necklace that you have paired with it too. I have a lot of black in my closet. It is hard to say no to a black dress, a striped top or cute sandals for me.

6. November 12, 2015 / 7:42 AM

I’m mentally scrolling through my wardrobe and I actually don’t have any black lace! This dress is so classic and beautiful. Perfect for so many occasions!

7. November 12, 2015 / 8:24 AM

LBD’s are always a win and always great for just about any occasion! You look great and I wish I had a trip booked to NOLA – that “Haunted” sign is hilarious!

8. November 12, 2015 / 8:26 AM

Shopping weakness for me? Hmm.. everything? Haha. Anyways… you look stunning in that dress! It is beautiful, and I love the dresses in your collage. :-)

9. November 12, 2015 / 9:04 AM

Beautiful dress and the necklace was a perfect accessory! I’m a sucker for almost anything with a splash of lace in it, so was lusting after all the options you laid out!

~ Shannon

10. November 12, 2015 / 9:12 AM

Perfection!! You can never, ever go wrong with a black lace dress – especially at this time of year!

11. November 12, 2015 / 9:27 AM

I adore Rebecca Taylor. All of her pieces are perfection and this dress is no exception. It looks amazing on you and I am loving your backdrops!

12. November 12, 2015 / 9:37 AM

Girl, you are a babe! And that dress is gorgeous!

13. November 12, 2015 / 9:46 AM

So pretty and versatile! Love your photos with the gorgeous views.

14. November 12, 2015 / 1:21 PM

So stinkin adorable girl! I need a little black dress, especially for shooting weddings!

15. November 12, 2015 / 1:43 PM

This dress is just so classy! I really love the way it falls on you and the length is so great!

16. November 12, 2015 / 3:36 PM

I have to admit I have LBD and zero guts to wear it. (; Maybe it will make it’s debut before the winter weather comes! haha

17. November 12, 2015 / 4:24 PM

I love lacy dresses they can definitely be dressed up or down depending on what look you’re going for and add perfect feminine touches!

18. November 13, 2015 / 7:19 AM

GORG dress!! Perfect for Winter weddings and parties! Xoxo

19. November 13, 2015 / 10:07 AM

LOVE black. LOVE lace. Perfect combo!

20. November 15, 2015 / 9:45 AM

Love this dress on you and LOVE Nola as the backdrop!!! Just beautiful!!

21. November 15, 2015 / 10:15 AM

This dress fits you like a glove! You’re lucky that you can pull off the drop waist silhouette. I just ordered a black lace dress for a wedding reception at the end of January, I can’t wait to get it.

22. November 17, 2015 / 5:52 PM

I love that dress. Looks amazing.

23. November 17, 2015 / 11:09 PM

I love this dress. The peplum hem renders a playful elegance to this sophisticated dress. Love the lace details too!

xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

24. November 18, 2015 / 7:07 AM

LBDs are perfect for the holidays. I am trying to pare down my wardrobe but in the world of social media, I don’t want to always be “seen” in the same thing. LBDs are great options though to fancy up with accessories.

I would have to get an LBD with stretch though if I were in New Orleans. I would need the room to compensate for the increase in tummy size after stuffing my face with all of the creole goodness.

25. Pingback: Halter Blog