Easy DIY Bridesmaid Gifts – Help Me Tie the Knot

Shifting the focus to some Wedding related fun.  Y’all let me know how much Wedding deets you want to hear.  I try not to make it the main focus but it is slowly creeping up that is for sure!

I wanted to come up with a sweet way of asking my girlfriends (and sister!) if they would honor me in standing by my side for my wedding.  I was perusing through Baublebar one day and these knot necklaces caught me eye and like all things creative with me away I went with my vision.

Alright let me start by telling everyone I am not a crafty person, like at all.  I have really good vision but sometimes my execution falls a little short.  Like I would probably hot glue my hands together.  My poor little in my sorority all those big little gifts…..I told her can’t I just take her out or buy her a cute outfit instead?  Her paddle actually came out astonishing well (probably because my big took over and assigned me to making snacks and refilling the wine).

Here is my super easy DIY tutorial.

I had an idea that I really wanted to do after I saw these necklaces.

BaubleBar Iced Lariat Pendant Necklace
I wanted to formally ask my girls and I wanted to use these necklaces to do it.  I was going to ask them to help me “tie the knot” <– see what I did there?  The necklaces are in a knot.  I have one of these and I seriously wear it on repeat.  The rose gold ones particularly caught my eye.  They kept on selling out but finally I was able to order enough.
The next thing I did was find thick 5 by 7inch stock card.  You know my struggles with Michaels employees so I ordered it off Etsy.
I got the stock card so I could write some cute sayings on it.
I did each line on photoshop so I could move each line around and use different fonts.  I then printed each one individually on the stock card.  Cut a tiny hole (actually pierced it with a knife because I couldn’t find a hold puncher) at the top of the card and with tweezers pulled the ribbon through tying it in a bow.  I wrapped each necklace and tied it with the ribbon (I ran out at the end shhhhhh that  is why some are knotted and some are bows).
I’m not going to lie y’all I was a little nervous asking them.  I feel like so many people are “wedding out”.  With all the expectations of Pinterest and blogs etc.  However, everyone of my girls were so genuinely excited and thanked me for asking them.  I can’t wait to have these fabulous girls by my side!
Alright what do y’all think?  Would you say yes with my sweet gift?  I told you it was super easy!  No hot glue guns just some ribbon, stock card, printer and some major patience!  All these images can be pinned for future use…..just saying ;-)  xoxoxo
Bloglovin Facebook Twitter – Instagram

Share:

45 responses to “Easy DIY Bridesmaid Gifts – Help Me Tie the Knot”

1. Love this and now I have a need for a new necklace I’ve never seen before! Yay for asking the bridesmaids! One thing to check off that never ending list!

2. I love the “No puffy sleeves or bows on the butt” … Darling “tie the knot” idea!

3. Wouldn’t have thought you would have asked in any other way than perfect!! I love how it tied all together (hehe pun intended)!!

4. Stacy G says:

This is awesome! I’ve been waiting for this post.(You mentioned it before) You are so cute. XO

5. Ashley says:

This is such a cute idea! I love that necklace and the way you asked!

6. Tracey says:

You did such a great job! These are amazing. Make sure you pin this to Pinterest. My highest traffic source/most repinned image is my DIY Bridesmaid Boxes: http://www.justatraceblog.com/2013/08/something-blogged-diy-bridesmaid-boxes.html
    Your maids are going to love these!

7. This is so freaking cute!! What a great idea! I love these necklaces… I totally want one now :) Definitely love this idea girl!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

8. This is perfect! Hey who could say no to a fabulous necklace? Very creative lady!

9. P!nky says:

LOVE bauble bar and these necklaces are so fabulouly chi! Well done, lady!

And I agree, about the expectations out there now. It’s just ridiculous! This gift was perfectly you and sounds like they loved them! The card is super cute. :)

10. This is absolutely adorable! Will that be the jewelry the girls wear with their bridesmaid dresses? I love that necklace – I may get one for myself, ha!

11. Such a cute idea, those necklaces are so perfect! I bet your bridesmaids were so excited!!

12. Kristen says:

this is so sweet! such a great idea. I wish I had done something like this, but I just asked my 2 bridesmaids in person and then I got my (disney obsessed) maid of honour a disney maid of honour tee to ask her. I went allll out on the presents afterwards though because they did so unbelievably much for me. I’m not as interested in weddings as I was before I got married but I am always interested in weddings of people I know + love so feel free to share any and all deets you want! You’ll have at least one reader!

13. These are so pretty!!! I love what you did and that little card is adorable with all of the different fonts!

14. Margaret says:

Such a cute way to ask your bridesmaids! And the necklaces are adorable!

15. What a cute idea! I know I would love one of those necklaces!

16. such a cute idea! i am in love with the “tie the knot” reference!

17. Chloe says:

I want all the wedding stuffs please! Those are cute and you did a great job!

18. I love it! What a cute idea and a great necklace.

19. I love it! What a great idea! I would have never guessed you were crafty! :)

20. Aimee Rose says:

Such a cute idea, I think it turned out great! Love the phrases in the cards!

21. This is such a sweet idea and I love the necklaces!

22. What a cute idea and the necklaces are beautiful!

23. These are awesome, creative idea and beautiful necklaces. I love them!

24. Rebecca Jo says:

OK – that’s so creative & adorable!
    They didn’t do cute things like this when I got married!

25. alyssa says:

I love those necklaces, and how sweet of you to ask them in such a generous way! I’ve been asked to be a bridesmaid over text message before, so, yeah, these little efforts make a huge difference hah. Nice job!

26. such a great idea! You put such thought into them, they will surely love them!

27. Love this idea! Definitely meaningful without being too much work on your end!

28. i love these! i know your bridesmaids will too!! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

29. Such a cute idea – I love them! And you did an awesome job! Of course they said yes!! xoxo

30. Such a cute idea!! The card is the best, the sweet moves are needed!

31. This is such a cute idea!! They look great too.

32. Amanda these are perfect – you did a great job. I would not have been able to do half that. I can’t wait to watch your wedding come together. PS: I was just asked to be a bridesmaid a couple of hours again from my best friend Jennifer – too funny!

33. This is seriously the best thing ever… love how the necklaces are knots!!

34. Ok, ok, YES I’ll do it, but only because you’ll never be a bridezilla hah. Great idea – you know your girls will say yes, silly!

35. Paige says:

You’re totally right! As chicks who are getting (or, in my case – got) married later in life and therefore all our friends have been in no fewer than 389 weddings, it’s hard to ask them! I knew my main squeezes would say yes, but I KNOW they also thought, “damnit! There goes another $300 bridesmaid dress “I can wear again” and more PTO being sucked dry…” Did the chicks getting married in their mid-20’s face this discrimination? Nope.

Just make sure to offer them unlimited top shelf liquor. At least, that’s what I did :)

36. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! This is like the best ever invite to be a bridesmaid! Have you pinned this?… YOU HAVE TO!

37. Shelley says:

what a cute and creative way to ask bridesmaids! and those necklaces are soo lovely

38. These are seriously adorable!! And now I need that necklace!

39. These turned out so cute!! WHEN IS MINE COMING?! ;P

40. They are super cute! Nice job!! I just called my girls haha. But Pinterest didn’t exist back then, (I got married in 2010) so I had resort to old-fashioned methods haha. Hope that you had a great day today too! :-)

41. Seriously,
    This is SO cute!!! What a great idea!! Copyright this, so no one can steal your idea ;)

42. Krystal R. says:

These are awesome!!! So girlie and sweet … and by all means keep the wedding stuff coming!

43. Heck yes I would say yes! I love the knot necklaces, they are gorgeous!