Surprise I Was in NYC for Christmas!!!!

I’m back from New York.  Say what?  You didn’t tell us you were going Amanda?  I can hear y’all saying it.  I do agree with a certain someone that perhaps announcing on public forums that you will be gone for a week over the holidays may not be the smartest idea but let’s be honest if anyone came to knock off my condo right now all they would find is my one lonely wine glass (for emergencies of course) and my bed…..sans nightstand.  Linking up with the girls Biana and Meghan!
Surprisingly I didn’t utter the words “shank” or “just kill me now” when it came to holiday travels.  Besides being delayed out of Florida on the way up we had pleasant travel experiences even at JFK airport.  Trust me I was surprised.  Probably because we didn’t fly United on either legs.  They are the worst.  I will avoid any airport that is United’s hub.  I will be back tomorrow for a full recap but let me leave you with an awwwww moment.
One year ago we were back at the Waldorf Astoria after we had just gotten engaged in Central Park.  It was bone shaking cold…..snowing and my cute planned outfit/hair was ruined by the elements.  I mean I had to throw striped socks over my outfit and my hair clearly had seen better days.  We came back in and naturally I asked the most drunkest unsteady of all people in the lobby to take our picture.
We stayed there again and got this picture after it was unseasonably warm the whole time we were there.  Like it was 60 degrees out the whole time!  We told everyone we brought the weather up with us.  I mean could my hair have been anymore straight.
We found our spot again in Central Park.  Notice how pretty and nice my hand looks when it’s not 10 degrees outside.
2 carat round tiffany engagement ring
In comparison to this very angry and cold looking hand a year prior.  Eery familiar nail polish color choice.
Oh and you also know when you’re in New York when your human app is asking you if you are a ninja by all the walking you did.
We have less than 2 months till the Wedding and I can’t wait!!!
engagement pictures engagement pictures poses
For any new readers you can check the engagement story here. Just mind you it was my early blogging days so please be kind to my rudimentary collage skills.  I hope everyone had an amazing and relaxing holiday.  Check back tomorrow for my full recap!  I can’t wait to see what everyone got under the tree!  xoxoxo

1. December 29, 2014 / 11:03 AM

GIRL, I’m with you! I rarely, if ever announce when I’m leaving. Too many crazies out there!

YAY, NEW YORK! SO fun!!!!!

Oh my goodness, 2 months out, so exciting! You’re almost there, wooohoo! xoxo

2. December 29, 2014 / 11:53 AM

I remember reading the “I’m Engaged” post like it was yesterday – can’t even believe your wedding is in two months!!! EEEK!! Can’t wait to hear all about your trip :) xo, B BlovedBoston

3. December 29, 2014 / 12:15 PM

Glad you had an amazing time back in NYC! Totally jealous! I still can’t believe the weather was that nice for you guys while you were up there! What is up with this unseasonably warm weather every where? Oh well, I’ll take it. OMG!!!! Can’t believe your wedding is in 2 months!!!!! It’s seriously going to fly by!!!!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

4. December 29, 2014 / 12:53 PM

yah! what a great trip for christmas! im glad the weather was better this time around. xo jillian – cornflake dreams

5. December 29, 2014 / 1:32 PM

So jealous of your Christmas NYC trip! I don’t care if it’s 20 below, NYC is always amazing! The clock is ticking now! Don’t stress too much and try to enjoy it!

6. December 29, 2014 / 1:40 PM

So fun to be able to replay the special moments. Hair always looks much better when it doesn’t have to battle the elements. Love the new color. Hope you had a great Christmas.

7. December 29, 2014 / 1:59 PM

This is so sweet! How fun that you got to spend this Christmas in the same spot of all the excitement from last year. Ahh, two-month countdown!

8. December 29, 2014 / 2:06 PM

So fun! I wondered where you were when you posted that pic on Instagram. Christmas in New York has to be so much fun and awesome that you got to relive your engagement! How nice that you had 60 degree weather too – that’s amazing. Yay for the two month countdown!!

9. December 29, 2014 / 2:06 PM

YAY for being back in NY and re-capturing the special pictures. I can’t believe it’s so close to wedding time!!

10. December 29, 2014 / 2:10 PM

UMMMM HOW FUN IS THAT?! Happy engagiversary!!!!!!!!! I love the new pics!!!! I can’t believe how nice the weather was for you!! I just remember the bone crushing cold too!!

11. December 29, 2014 / 2:15 PM

That is so fun that you guys were back and got to recapture it all!! Cuties!!

12. December 29, 2014 / 2:37 PM

So much fun! Such a great city around the holidays! Come link up today!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

13. December 29, 2014 / 2:41 PM

whaaa you were in NYC?! I hope you weren’t there when I was, I’d be so upset if I missed the chance to meet you!

14. December 29, 2014 / 3:03 PM

Haha the drunk person taking the photos cracks me up. I’m glad you had a fun trip! Who doesn’t love nyc especially during the holidays!! Xo

Cheshirekatblog.com

15. December 29, 2014 / 3:05 PM

I was in NY part of the weekend too!! Wish I’d known you were there and we could have met up!
    Love all of your pictures and how special it must have been to relive the engagement experience again and reminisce. And not be freezing while doing so haha. Beautiful pics and YAY for 2 months!! It’ll be here before you know it!!

16. December 29, 2014 / 3:19 PM

Eeek so exciting! What a fun trip and what perfect weather– though I think your ring/hand looks gorgeous both times :) I can’t wait to hear more about your recap!

17. December 29, 2014 / 3:31 PM

Ooooo NYC how fun! I don’t blame you for not announcing it! How cool that you got to recreate the engagement pics, and in much nicer weather! Looking forward to your recap! :)

18. December 29, 2014 / 3:38 PM

Looooove NYC! So glad you guys got to go back and enjoy it this year before all the wedding craziness! And yay for warmer weather… walking all over the city is so much more bearable when the wind isn’t whipping your face!

19. December 29, 2014 / 3:49 PM

Christmas in NYC again!?! You are one lucky girl.. and I love the photo comparisons haha. Love that photo of y’all in the stadium and can’t wait for the full recap! xo

20. December 29, 2014 / 4:17 PM

I can only imagine how pretty NYC is at Christmas! I love the photos of you two in front the tree and your pretty nails!!

21. December 29, 2014 / 4:38 PM

It was so warm up here all week. My dogs think it’s spring! Hope you had a wonderful trip.

22. December 29, 2014 / 4:39 PM

So fun that you guys got to recreate your engagement setting! Too bad I didn’t bump into you on the NYC streets, haha!

23. December 29, 2014 / 4:45 PM

You were in NYC?! That is so awesome! Love all the pictures. It has been super warm here too.

24. December 29, 2014 / 5:03 PM

How exciting that you were able to go to NYC! I can’t wait to hear more about your trip!

25. December 29, 2014 / 5:03 PM

AWWWWWW moment for sure! so glad you got a not-so-frozen pic of the place it all happened :)

26. December 29, 2014 / 5:22 PM

I don’t ever announce when I’ll be gone for awhile, either. Better safe than sorry! So glad you got to be in NYC at Christmas-time :)

27. December 29, 2014 / 5:39 PM

Luck you to have such great weather and recreating those moments! I am a dork and love to go back to the same memorable spots and take the same pics too… it makes for good memories though:)

28. December 29, 2014 / 5:51 PM

Awww I’m that awkward girl in the office who’s smiling at her computer right now. Love how you two took a vacation back to where you were engaged! I can’t wait to here how the wedding turns out – I’m sure it will be fabulous!

xoxo, Jen

29. December 29, 2014 / 6:21 PM

How fun! You two are just so sweet! Can you believe only 2 more months!? Are you ready???

30. December 29, 2014 / 6:42 PM

Yay for reliving the moment! And in better weather! I always seem to find/ask the drunkest people to take a pic for us too… How do these people find us?!

31. December 29, 2014 / 6:58 PM

Yay for NYC! I absolutely love the city! We were there right before Christmas last year and it snowed and it was absolutely freezing! Glad you enjoyed your trip!
    xo Southern Style

32. December 29, 2014 / 7:55 PM

Totally wondered where I missed you’d be in NYC so now it all makes sense haha. Glad you have that one wine glass at home for emergencies ;) What a fabulous Christmas trip!

33. December 29, 2014 / 8:00 PM

Looks like such a fun trip can’t wait for the full recap! I love that you re-took your photos from the past visit :)

34. December 29, 2014 / 8:29 PM

This was so beautiful I started tearing up at my desk! And LOL at “bone shaking cold” and not announcing your trip on social media (smart move btw!)
    So glad you had a wonderful time, you are such a beautiful couple!!! xo

35. December 29, 2014 / 9:31 PM

Ahh this is so cute!! It was so weird coming back from the moutains to find it so warm in the east – definitely not a white Christmas, but I’m sure we have plenty coming so I won’t complain! I think your outfit on both occasions was totally on point – striped socks and all :)

36. December 29, 2014 / 10:36 PM

Aww how fun you little sneaky girl you! Glad you had a great time :)

37. December 29, 2014 / 10:50 PM

I can’t believe it’s been a year already! Glad you had a good time!!

38. December 30, 2014 / 12:08 AM

So many of you girls were in NYC for Christmas!! That looks like a fun Christmas and so cute that you guys got to relive the moment!

39. December 30, 2014 / 1:00 AM

Can’t wait to hear about the trip, and very cool you got to reenact your engagement day in 60 degree weather!

40. December 30, 2014 / 3:20 AM

So jealous you were in NYC over Christmas! What a sweet story, though, that you went back to where the engagement happened. Good luck with the rest of your wedding planning!

Natalie // Sprinkled with Pearls

41. December 30, 2014 / 2:50 PM

Ah! I looooooove that you went back! So stinking sweet to reminisce about the best day ever (so far ;)) and now I’m dying to go to NYC someday! Do you think I can talk Eric into proposing to me (ha!) when we go?! ha ha! But seriously! So dreamy, Amanda!

42. December 30, 2014 / 3:39 PM

Ahhh how fun that you were there again!! I am kind of the same way and don’t want to announce being gone on a public forum — although then I share pictures on insta so not sure how helpful that is hahaha

43. December 30, 2014 / 5:24 PM

Christmas in New York is just the best. How fun that you got to revisit your engagement spot!

44. December 30, 2014 / 6:57 PM

Talk about the best way to spend Christmas!! So glad you had a good trip without travel problems and the weather was nice! I think you should start a yearly picture tradition in front of that tree :)

45. December 30, 2014 / 6:59 PM

nyc at xmas is on my bucket list!! would love to see all the store windows!