Powel Crosley Wedding Photo Booth

I really like having Wedding Wednesdays in the middle of the week.  Always puts me in a better mood after seeing how everything came together so beautifully!  Photo credit to Sunglow Photography.  I wanted to share with you today our amazing and totally different wedding photo booth.

Powel Crosley Weddings

I said it before and I will say it again.  I could not have planned my wedding and worked all my crazy amount of jobs without my Mother and Aunt.  I cannot thank them enough for their incredible attention to detail and beautiful execution.  Mark wasn’t super involved in the wedding process (which honestly was fine by me).  Men don’t have the same vision sometimes…..we will leave it at that.  The one thing he didn’t want the wedding budget going to was a photo booth.  I on the other hand love photo booths and think everyone always digs them.  I swear I wouldn’t even set someone up and they would causally in conversation talk about this “awesome photo booth at the last wedding they went to“…..

Leading up to the wedding, I got a Groupon deal for a Photo Booth that was under $500 for 4 hours and I jumped on it.  I also had some leftover credit so I thought it was a win win.  WRONG!  It was a total scam!  Insiders tip (I’ll try to keep this not long winded).  I always keep a visa credit gift card on me.  That way when something requires a credit card “hold” I put that number in.  That way I won’t get charged an exorbitant amount on my credit card.  Just like this company tried to do.  The fine print was they charged you a 20% tip on top of the original amount.  Which was something like $1500 (inflated price on purpose to get the money back on the tip).  That was also 6 months before the date.  I think all said and done they tried to charge my credit card “on file” and additional $500.  When I tried to call them……naturally couldn’t get ahold of them.  TOTAL SCAM!  So I called Groupon, voiced my concern and got a full refund.  Lesson learned.

Not going to lie after that experience I was a little turned off from the whole Photo Booth experience until I met Shelli from Get the Picture FL.  Now I had amazing vendors, every single one of them but Shelli went above and beyond…..and then even topped that.  She was extremely professional, created the most beautiful custom logo for us from our wedding invitation print and was on top of me without feeling pushy.

Vintage CarPowel Crosley WeddingsPowel Crosley

Let’s talk about the actual photo booth.  Have you ever seen a photo booth that is in a vintage car?  Well my wedding was the first one they ever did (they had taken the car to events before but my wedding was the first!).  I can’t even put into words how amazing it was.  Shelli and her husband pulled the car behind the house and during our dinner set everything up in record speed.  After dinner when everyone came out for the first dance……surprise photo booth ready to roll!  There was a red carpet with beautiful lighting and plenty of props (all included in the price….which you know with all things wedding related they will nickel and dime you for everything but not this company).  The setup was not cheesy in the least bit.  It created such a beautiful ambience with the amber lighting.  The entire process was done so professionally.  Every single person from all ages loved the photo booth.  My parents friends were in and out of it all night. They couldn’t stop raving about how fun it was!

Photo booth vintage car, wedding photo booths http://www.sunglowphotography.com
Crosley Wedding

The most touching part was the beautiful custom guest book that Shelly made for us.  She printed out a copy of every picture and had everyone sign it.  She put it all together in a book for Mark and I to enjoy.  It was so special to be able to come home and read everyone’s sweet words and see how much fun they had!

To top all of that they quickly grabbed all the materials out and it became our vintage drive away car.  I mean could that have been anymore perfect for our Gatsby inspired wedding?  Shelli’s husband Mark (it was totally fate) drove us around downtown Sarasota giving us a little history lesson since he lived there for some time.  It was so nice to be able to have that time with Mark just catching up and recapping everything from the night.

Powel Crosley Estate, wedding photo boothsPowel Crosley Estate

About a week later I received a CD with all the pictures on it and a direct link for everyone to view their pictures from the night!  It was a riot looking through all the fun everyone had!

I truly recommend Shelli & Mark from Get the Picture FL.  They were completely in my budget and their work was exceptional.  If you have any questions please feel free!!!  Please check them out and like their Facebook page.  They are located in the St. Petersburg, FL area but my wedding was in Sarasota and the travel was not an issue since the car is completely restored!  They also have a large traditional photo booth but once you see that vintage car you won’t be able to think of anything else. Side note.  The Crosley was very picky about their grass but the tires did not leave any marks.  They wheel the car inside venues and it’s been on the grass at Tropicana Field….so it is available for indoor events as shown here inside Nova 55.

Get the Picture FLphoto booth car

Please if you have an upcoming event keep Get the Picture FL in mind!  What do you think?  Have you seen anything like this before?  My guests were completely blown away with it!  Hope you are having a fabulous day!  xoxoxo

1. April 15, 2015 / 3:03 AM

Every single picture is stunning! I love all the details. That sucks about your first attempt at the photo booth but it definitely all worked out for the best in the end. Glad you had such an amazing experience the second time around. That car, what a fabulous idea!

2. April 15, 2015 / 6:43 AM

First of all you are a genius with having the hold placed on a visa gift card…why have I never thought of that!! Yes that is absolutely the best wedding photo booth I’ve seen!! I never tire of looking at your wedding pictures!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

3. April 15, 2015 / 6:43 AM

I LOVED this idea when you told me about it before the wedding and I think it’s so fun and unique! We had a regular photo booth at our wedding (through a Living social that luckily wasn’t a scam) and it was definitely a favorite for us and I think for everyone who used it too based on the pictures we have after the fact :) MG was hesitant about the photo booth at first but afterwards said that it was a great last minute addition to everything. I’m sure your photos are all fun, too especially with the uniqueness of the vintage car!!

4. April 15, 2015 / 7:00 AM

Such a cool idea. Sounds like you really came out ahead in that whole debacle. All your pictures are just breathtaking.

5. April 15, 2015 / 7:38 AM

All of your pictures are so beautiful! As are you! Photobooths are the best. I want one in my living room.

6. April 15, 2015 / 7:48 AM

I would have been so upset over the Groupon scam! I won’t name names, but i have worked with several unprofessional photo booth vendors, and that makes it hard for me to refer them again, obvs. I am so glad you found someone you loved, and I mean how unique is this “booth”?!

7. April 15, 2015 / 8:01 AM

I swear a good photo booth can make a party! This one looks AMAZING – loove the vintage car idea! And of course, your pictures are gorgeous. I know I keep saying that every Wednesday haha but they’re really just perfection!

8. April 15, 2015 / 8:17 AM

I just love seeing these pictures since I have lived in Sarasota my whole life! The Crosley is such a gorgeous place to get married. Thanks for the heads up about Groupon photo booths! I had been planning to look into that since I’d like a photo booth but don’t want to spend a ton. I’ll have to check out that company, though, the car would be SO much fun!

9. jillian
    April 15, 2015 / 8:47 AM

not sure if my last comment went through! anyhoo what a great idea for a photobooth!! xo jillian

10. April 15, 2015 / 8:49 AM

what a cool idea!! those photos. so unique and personal. something you’ll have always and cherish!! xo

11. April 15, 2015 / 8:51 AM

That may be the most fun photobooth idea EVER! I love that it turned into your getaway car! Seriously, the best idea EVER!

12. April 15, 2015 / 8:52 AM

How did you convince Mark to get the photo booth?! The fact that it’s in an old car is pretty cool though, and the fact that she made you guys a book is very sweet. :-) Love the other pictures too, SO gorgeous.

13. April 15, 2015 / 8:55 AM

This is so fun and unique! Leave it to you go find something as awesome as this for your wedding. :)

14. April 15, 2015 / 8:58 AM

That is so cool! I’ve seen a lot of photo booths but that is by far the coolest! So glad you were able to get a refund for that scammy one and get this company in its place!!

15. April 15, 2015 / 9:19 AM

First of all that’s crazy about the Groupon scam! It’s not like it was Craiglist! Glad it didn’t work out because it sounds like this other company you went with was awesome! Love the old car used in the pictures! One thing I regretted was not having a photo booth at my wedding because just like you said they are so much fun.

16. April 15, 2015 / 9:22 AM

Glad that Groupon was able to take care of the first mess for you. Kind of a blessing in disguise because that vintage car photo booth looks awesome and so unique! Way to wow your guests! Winks and Eyerolls

17. April 15, 2015 / 9:36 AM

such a fun, unique idea! I love getting to see all the glimpses ofyourbigday.

18. April 15, 2015 / 9:44 AM

Love photo booths. So fun!! Beautiful pictures.

19. April 15, 2015 / 9:47 AM

This is such a fun idea! I love how it’s unique and different than just the usual photo booth! All these are so gorgeous!

20. April 15, 2015 / 10:17 AM

What a fabulous idea. I’m kind of eh on photo booths, not worth the money in my opinion, but that is an amazing idea!

21. April 15, 2015 / 10:34 AM

Photo booth in a vintage car? OH MAN – How epic is that?

Your pictures are lovely. Absolutely lovely

22. April 15, 2015 / 10:57 AM

I still can’t get over how gorgeous your wedding pictures are! And what an amazing idea for a photo booth (so glad you didn’t get scammed by the groupon place!), so unique and fun :)

23. April 15, 2015 / 11:07 AM

That is amazing… I’ve been at a LOT of weddings & have never seen a car involved!

24. April 15, 2015 / 11:40 AM

A photo booth in a vintage car sounds perfect!! love the idea!

25. April 15, 2015 / 11:49 AM

That’s such a cool idea to have the photo booth in the car- love it! That sucks you got scammed, but super smart to use a Visa gift Card, I’ve never thought about that before. Definitely will now when we’re unsure about who we’re booking with.

26. April 15, 2015 / 12:09 PM

How fun! I LOVE a photo booth! You were totally right to get one. That car is so cool, too! Great job!

27. April 15, 2015 / 12:16 PM

seriously, best photo booth ever! thank goodness you were able to get a refund from groupon. so rude!!

28. April 15, 2015 / 12:24 PM

Adorable idea! Your wedding could not have been more perfect. I love party planning and all the little details and always look forward to your wedding posts! xo

29. April 15, 2015 / 12:30 PM

Talk about original! How awesome is it to say, yea no big deal, my photo booth was a vintage car! I’m so sorry to hear about your Group-on flop. I’m deathly afraid of ordering anything from Group-on after the horror stories I’ve read. Good thing everything worked out in the end!

I’m totally with you on the groom involved with the planning. Chances are they really don’t care about what flowers and bridesmaid dresses you chose. They just want to show up, sweep you off your feet and drink beer. (; At least that’s how our wedding planning conversations have played out.

30. April 15, 2015 / 12:48 PM

Um yes! That is awesome! Definitely never seen a photo booth like that. And what a bummer about the other place. But it all worked out in the end.

31. April 15, 2015 / 12:50 PM

Oh my word what a FUN unique idea!! I need to see some of the photo booth ones :) like inside the car? That’s SO cool! These are all so beautiful!!

32. April 15, 2015 / 1:02 PM

That is such a cool and different idea for a photo booth!!!

I cant believe how many scams happen. It is truly mind blowing.

33. April 15, 2015 / 5:03 PM

Oh my word, that is the coolest thing EVER! And, I’ve been away… your blog & pictures are amazing girl! LOVE!

34. April 15, 2015 / 5:32 PM

I’m so sorry about Groupon!!! I’m always scared something sketchy is going to happen with it, but using a visa gift card is absolutely brilliant. Also oh my God the car photobooth is to die for!!! What a cute idea, major props to you for using it and the company coming up with it. I just love Wedding Wednesday.

xoxo,
    Meghan
    Southern Belle Secrets

35. April 15, 2015 / 6:04 PM

Omfg! How cool is that?! No doubt you guys had an absolute blast with this! And it really fits well with your wedding look too, classic and vintage! So jealous!

36. April 15, 2015 / 9:21 PM

That is the coolest idea, I want to play in of those photobooths!

37. April 15, 2015 / 9:36 PM

Definitely the most creative photo booth Ive seen yet and just gorgeous for your wedding theme! So glad something good came out of something bad. I’m also a sucker for those Groupon deals and often disappointed by the limitations that are not even mentioned in the “fine print”. Beautiful wedding photos girlie!

38. April 15, 2015 / 9:45 PM

GIRL THE NEW BLOG LAYOUT I love it!!!! Okay now that I got that out of my system… that sucks so much about your first photo booth! Is nothing in this world sacred anymore? They have to scam brides planning their weddings? But so cool that you found something else so unique and even better.

39. April 16, 2015 / 12:11 PM

That is the neatest idea ever! Total bummer about the Groupon thing but glad the car photo booth came out of it!

40. Julie Joy
    April 17, 2015 / 7:18 AM

How fun is that! Love the picture of you guys in the back seat with the props! So cute!

41. April 20, 2015 / 12:43 PM

How cool! I love the car photobooth and what a fun thing for you and your guests

42. April 25, 2015 / 4:35 PM

Love this totally different take on a Photo Booth idea… and of course, the pictures are FAB!!! Love that they went so far above and beyond, particularly after the sketchy vendor fiasco!!!!

43. May 2, 2015 / 9:06 AM

Wow girl, I never looked at these. Stunning! And you are sooooooooooo pretty!