Confessions and Some Exciting Wedding News!

Can I tell you how excited I am that we made it to the halfway mark of the week?  I cannot wait for this 3 day weekend.  I feel like a kid crossing off the days till the end of the school year.  That let’s me know that I think I really need a vacation what do you think?

I’m back for another soul cleansing session of confessions with my resident funny gal Kathy.

I confess that when I am at work people have told me they feel uncomfortable eating bad food in front of me because “I’m the healthy one in the office”.

When I brought Mark to the retirement party at my work a few people like ran by me with cake saying “she’s the healthy one we’re trying not to let her see us with cake”.  Mark busted out laughing and told them “you know she eats like ice cream at least 4 times a night right?”

What????  I mean….

When do I call this a problem?

I confess I got into my car the other day and it was making a horrific buzzing noise that sounded pretty much like this.  Like now that I found this clip.  It confirms it 100% sounded like this.

It had been making that noise all night.  I am assuming it was coming from a speaker?  It magically stopped when I turned the car on and….I’m not finishing that statement because I don’t want to….you get the point.

I confess Mark was wondering where all his coffee mugs were and I was all like
He started asking me if I was using them to take my Nespresso to work instead of my travel mugs

In my defense the travel mugs don’t fit under the nespresso machine.  I should probably bring his 6 mugs back from my office now right?

I confess I can never find a dang hair tie when I need it to teach Barre.  I found a headband yesterday and tied it like 6 times.  Why can you never find a hair tie????  I found where they have all been hiding….in Marks bathroom. I found like 10 of them.  He asked if the hair ties and coffee mugs were having a party with the sock gnomes and we weren’t invited.

Side note.  I called a hair tie a “hair elastic” the other day and I got 4 blank stares back.  Have you ever called it a hair elastic or am I just a weirdo?
I confess I haven’t bought an eye cream…..like in forever.  Sephora and Origins are amazing with their sample sizes and I mean a little goes a long way.  I was on the hunt for an eye cream that has caffeine in it.  I asked the very friendly sales gal in the back if I could do a side by side comparison and she more than obliged.  Thank you very much for that generous sample of the $70 eye cream.  Best part when they are done I use those great little screw top sample jars to put my favorite products to travel with.  BOOM.

I confess when the lady at bareMinerals told me “ummmm like yeah you really need this exfoliator out of all the products I used on you”.  It was followed by with this very solemn look.
It almost made me not get it but I’m glad I did because after I used it last night I felt like this exfoliator was straight up

I confess I finally got in with the cool kids in my local blogging community and I got invited to a “Media Happy Hour & Private Tasting” at a new restaurant that is opening.  Basically I no longer feel like this

and more like this

It was for me and a guest you definitely know I sent that right to Mark.  I mean look who’s arrived? You will be my +1 see aren’t all those hours of taking my picture from 10 angles paying off?

Finally…..I confess I have my dress everyone!  Not only do I have my dress but it arrived yesterday and I picked it up and I’m not going to lie it is killing me that I can’t show you.  Like is it weird that I wanted to put my selfie up on Insta?  I mean I know I can’t but I really wanted to!  It is every bit as beautiful as I remembered.  It is going to look amazing at our venue!  It has that perfect Gatsby old glamour look I was hoping for. I ordered my bridesmaids gift oy vey let the purchases times 5 begin.  Baublebar just got quite a sale off me.  I can’t wait to show you how I put together the presents to ask my bridesmaids!

Side note….I already unofficially asked my girls and I was kind of nervous.  I felt like everyone is so over weddings and brides, especially being a bridesmaid.  However all my girls were ecstatic and so excited to help me plan and not going to lie y’all it really was the best feeling ever!

I need to go to bed.  My 6am class is full with a wait list and I need to think about what I’m going to teach!

With that don’t forget about the Friday Favorites linkup!

Can’t wait to see all your musings, workouts, music, funnies etc from the week!  xoxoxo

1. May 21, 2014 / 4:15 AM

I cannot wait to see your dress! While packing this weekend I was so tempted to take mine out and just wear it because really one night of wearing it is not enough!
    That Kim face is so perfect, knowing me I wouldn’t of bought it just to basically say screw you to the lady haha

2. May 21, 2014 / 4:31 AM

Haha these are the best Gifs ever!! But seriously where do all the hair ties go!? I go from owning a pack to one in like a matter of a week! XO I bet your dress is absolutely gorgeous!!

3. May 21, 2014 / 4:56 AM

I always forget a damn hair tie when I go to barre, so I finally stuck a clip on my barre bag and she lives there until the day I need her. And guess what she has been put back every time too! Congratulations on your invite to the happy hour and tasting, that is so amazing!! Can’t wait to see your dress, do we seriously have to wait almost a year!! arghhh!

4. May 21, 2014 / 4:57 AM

All of the ice cream looks freaking delicious, I am rather envious. I’ve never called hair ties hair elastics, but I would have known what you were talking about at least. So there’s that, ha ha! Oh I want to see your dress so bad! Yay! Teach me your sampling ways! I’ve never been to an Ulta or Sephora..

5. May 21, 2014 / 4:58 AM

ahhhhh the ice cream collage! amazing. makes me hungry. but don’t worry, i just ate jerky at 1 am. in my defense it was turkey jerky and the product is super healthy! i can’t wait to see your dress!!! send a selfie to me, i won’t expose you! hahah. hair elastic MUST be a new england thing bc when i moved everyone was like wtf is that…glad i’m back so i can use it again!

6. May 21, 2014 / 5:07 AM

Yes hair elastic is weird haha … I would have straight up walked away from that lady and her damn exfoliator and bought the witchcraft elsewhere. I can be a bitch I cant even lie. Congrats on the blateeee Im sure you’ll have a blast, you cool kid you. :D

7. May 21, 2014 / 5:16 AM

You are aggressive with linking up with Kathy and I love it! :)

SO exciting to make it with your local bloggers. I still need to make some power moves before I get invited to the free food/drink parties. For now I’m just getting invited to crossfit gyms (ha-ha).

DRESS – ahhhh so exciting <3<3 I know you look amazing!

8. May 21, 2014 / 5:56 AM

Yay! I honestly can’t wait to see the dress!!! I know we have to, but still. Haha. And exfoliating is like my favorite thing ever. :D

9. May 21, 2014 / 7:46 AM

Haha that is how I am in the office. Just because we eat salads and not pizza everyday at lunch doesn’t me we don’t indulge in the good stuff. How exciting about your wedding dress, yaaa!

10. May 21, 2014 / 9:43 AM

hair elastics, lol. cracked up in the middle of the office when I read that. It´s actually the first time I hear it….I think I shall start calling them like that too. It makes sense.
    Oh and the sampling of creams, you go girl! I always try and get samples but stores here are stingy :(.

So exciting about your dress! We are all hungry to see it.

11. May 21, 2014 / 11:00 AM

I can never find hair ties when I need them – I usually have them scattered in my purse or whatever bag I’m carrying. Gary is the same way about our plastic containers that I take to work and they mysteriously never come back home!! Way to get in on the blogger community….time to get some food and drinks!!! The dress….you know how giddy I am about that one!! Finally – I worked with a woman who was so healthy I felt guilty even having a jolly rancher near her – one day I just needed a soda and opened up a can of coke and you could just feel her eyes on you….that was the last coke I drank at the office lol!

12. May 21, 2014 / 11:01 AM

Eeeek I can’t believe you found your dress!!! I can’t wait to see it/hear all about it/ etc!! So exciting!!!! Umm I need to know what eye cream you’re using and then I need to convince the lady at Sephora to let me try a sample. I’ve been getting cheap with my eye creams and man can I tell a difference. I’m SO puffy in the morning. *sad face* That’s exciting you made it in with your local bloggers! I’m still on the outs. Oh and still on the outs with Reward Style too LOL! At least I have sponsored blog posts to get me through! ;)

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

13. May 21, 2014 / 11:14 AM

LOL at the icecream and mark selling you out. my husband did something like that once – someone mentioned how my DIY projects looked so good and he was all: HER diy projects? you mean MINE. i did all of those! and i was like “YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!”… or something less offensive.

thanks for linking up!

-kathy
    Vodka and Soda

14. May 21, 2014 / 11:29 AM

haha my office thinks i am the healthy one too, because i hide and dont share all my snacks. evil laugh!
    meanwhile all those ice creams look delish and i want one, but no. bikinis.
    wtf is wrong with your car?!
    i always call them hair elastics, in fact at home we just call the elastic bands, and because aussies like to shorten things, we call them ‘lacka-bands’ like part of the elastic + a + bands + lacka bands. yep. no one knows what i am talking about, obv.
    i want samples! need to go to sephora.
    yay for getting in with the blogging community, clearly you will be the coolest kid there, duh.
    aand i think you should just text your dress. haha! jk. it will make it that more special on the day!
    look at you and your popular barre class! one day i will do one, one day.

15. May 21, 2014 / 11:49 AM

Hey gurllll with the wait list for her class! I want to take your class! That’s so exciting that your dress came!!!! I think that is the best part! Now you can stare at her and try her on a zillion times! Yay!!!

16. May 21, 2014 / 12:56 PM

Hey Amanda!! Oh my gosh congrats on the wedding! :D And cant wait to see the dress!! I seriously need to get some under eye cream! Its starting to look like the Black Lagoon over there, lol! Oh and those ice cream sandwiches are heaven on earth! Hope your car is alright too! :) Great post Amanda! And talk soon! <3333

Lisa,xo

17. May 21, 2014 / 12:57 PM

I really wish we lived closer to each other so I could take one of your barre classes! YAY for getting your dress. I can’t wait to see it!!

18. May 21, 2014 / 1:17 PM

I wanna see the dress. Mad a Gatsby theme sounds amazing! More details on the whole wedding please!!!!

I call them pony tail holders. Lol. I don’t know of its a regional thing or what.

19. May 21, 2014 / 1:20 PM

Yay for wedding dresses!! So fun!! Cannot wait to see it and cannot wait to see you in it, I’m sure it’s stunning!

20. May 21, 2014 / 1:25 PM

I WANNA SEE THE DRESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (I got so excited at that part that I forgot what else I was going to say and had to scroll back up to the post to remind myself, hahaha!)
    I used to get facials every 2-3 weeks and the last time I went the girl was like “your face is really broken out… what happened?” Hence why it was the last time I went. No SHIT my face is broken out… that’s why I’m HERE – thanks for making me feel super gross and awkward! -_-

21. May 21, 2014 / 1:34 PM

You go Glenn Coco!!! :) (I love that one)
    Don’t forget us nerds at the nerd table in all your new friendships :) haha

22. May 21, 2014 / 1:37 PM

Hahahaha I get called the healthy one too but damn it if they bring in sweets I wait til they leave and its on like donkey kong!

23. May 21, 2014 / 1:38 PM

So much to comment on here! You’ve just reminded me that I need to make a TJ stop to pick up some of those ice cream sandwiches, my husband does the EXACT same thing with our coffee mugs except I end up finding them rolling around in his trunk ha, love the Origins caffeine eye cream and WHAT is this BM exfoliator? I think I need it in my life! Aaaand I can’t wait to see your dress! So exciting!!!

24. So excited about your dress! Umm I had no clue that you could get samples at Sephora. I will be making a stop this week to stock up on the free stuff!

25. May 21, 2014 / 1:46 PM

Yay!! Wedding dress!! Such an exciting time—almost as exciting as eating ice cream all the time (but not quite that exciting ;))

26. May 21, 2014 / 1:53 PM

Love your cookies & ice cream confession! YUM And yay for your dress… so exciting!

27. May 21, 2014 / 1:54 PM

Yay for the dress, how exciting!! You look like me with all that ice cream ;) How exciting for the local blogger event, I love that.

28. May 21, 2014 / 1:56 PM

How exciting that your dress came in!!! I don’t know if I’ve used “hair elastic”…but I’ve definitely used the term “hair thing” and got some strange looks. haha! and yay for getting inviting to the blog event!!

29. May 21, 2014 / 1:59 PM

Oooooh wedding dress! I want to married again. I mean, I would marry Steve (unless Charlie Hunnam or Adam Levine were available), but I just loved all that stuff. Enjoy!!
    Also, Brie and I used to call hair ties/ hair elastics “ringy-do’s”

30. May 21, 2014 / 2:01 PM

Yay for getting your dress!

I actually always call them hair elastics. And I always have one on my wrist. Classy.

31. May 21, 2014 / 2:01 PM

Oh my gosh I want to see your dress so bad! I’m sure it is gorgeous and looks amazing on you!! I need to get a bit more brave about asking for samples at sephora because you’re right– those samples go a looong way! I’m still using a sample of the Gin Zing eye cream I got in January (I think)!

32. May 21, 2014 / 2:07 PM

Ahhh congrats on the dress! I REALLY WANNA SEE IT!

Also, I call them hair elastics. You are not alone.

33. May 21, 2014 / 2:17 PM

As always, this is my midweek pick-me-up. You just crack me up. I cannot WAIT to see your wedding dress! Anything described as Gatsby glamor gets an A+ in my book. Plus, you little miss will make one stunning bride in anything you wear! I can’t wait to see what you decided to do to ask your bridesmaids – I made personalized tags and attached them to mini bottles of champagne that said “One last question to pop … will you be my bridesmaid?” I then bought their jewelry and gifted it to them the night before the wedding and paid for their hair the next day at the salon. As you will realize, your bridesmaids are your number one helpers during the wedding planning!

34. May 21, 2014 / 2:22 PM

This how post made me laugh and I really need the laugh. It’s still morning and already my day has been horrible. Oh and I’m always losing my hair ties. I’m always buying new ones.
    Congrats on the dress!! Looking forward to seeing it! I’m sure its gorgeous.

Best, Mree

35. May 21, 2014 / 2:32 PM

hahahaha that’s so funny about your ice cream habits. If people only knew about our behind the scenes indulgences. Those ice cream sandwiches look too good to me right now, ugh
    I’ve called hair ties elastics before, don’t worry girl ;)
    You are a freakin genius with that eye cream bit. I was at a Motives event the other night and got a bunch of little samples which will hopefully hold me for a while!
    Congrats on the media event! Big blogging step. Four for you!
    and OH MY GOD YAY! Congratulations on the dress! I can’t wait until you can finally share pictures, especially because of that Gatsby bit — it’s my favorite anything of all time ever, haha. And that’s so great that your bridesmaids are all excited! Cheers! :)

36. May 21, 2014 / 2:34 PM

yay!! so exciting you got your dress!

I got so fed up of never having a hair tie at the gym I went to walmart right after one day & bought a pack & promptly placed it in my gym bag! I’m the most popular girl at the gym ;)

37. May 21, 2014 / 2:44 PM

WOOOHOOO, you go girl!!! have fun!

those chipwiches look amazing.

38. May 21, 2014 / 3:16 PM

OMG I felt the same way when I found my dress!! I can’t wait to see yours!!! Don’t you want to dance around in it and go running around the block screaming “I SAID YES TO THE DRESS!!?” Hhaha. And as always, your gifs are so flippin’ perfect.

39. May 21, 2014 / 3:21 PM

Media Happy Hour sounds fun, you’ll have to let us know how it goes.

Yayyyy for your dress, I bet it’s super hard not to share all that excitement!

40. May 21, 2014 / 3:25 PM

AHHH I want to see your dress NOW. and the eye cream– i need to get in on this!!! what kind to they give samples of? just their in-house brands or anything in the store?!

41. May 21, 2014 / 3:31 PM

Amen to the middle of the week! It feels like this week has taken yeaaaars to get through! Wth!
    Too funny about the ice cream! I eat “decent” most of the time but when it comes to ice cream, I’m all over that shit like white on rice.

Hair ties having parties with the mugs like snock gnomes?! Bahahahahaha! I died! Now in all reality, hair elastic? I would have looked at you with a blank stare too and said “Come again?”

Exfoliator is now called witchcraft! Bahahaha! You kill me! I wish I could find something good for my skin! It’s so sensitive it drives me crazy! I need to go to the dermatologist like stat!

Omg yay for the dress!!! I can’t wait to see it! {I mean, no pressure of anything but yeah, hurry up and get married already!} ;)

42. May 21, 2014 / 3:53 PM

There are so many things in this post that I love that I can’t even comment on all of them. But yes–I do sometimes call hair ties hair elastics. And I’m sorry–are those ice cream cookie sandwiches!?! ARE YOU EVEN FOR REAL!?! I canNOT wait to see your wedding dress. I already know you’re going to be a freaking knock out! Poor Mark. He’s going to need to be resuscitated after seeing you!

43. May 21, 2014 / 4:20 PM

That is sooo exciting about your dress!!! I can’t wait to see your pics! And Mint chocolate Klondike?? I could die over that. I say hair tie:/

44. May 21, 2014 / 4:31 PM

AHHHH THE DRESS!!! :D:D:D

and in other news, i ALWAYS call them hair elastics!

45. May 21, 2014 / 4:35 PM

You are killing me…KILLING me with all these pictures of ice cream sandwiches. I really just want one…or five. nom nom nom. I have veggies for lunch today….they are so not going to be satisfying now!

I love when Damon calls people judgy from VD. Perfect GIF! But yeah..maybe return the mugs?

Hair ties!!! They are never where I need them to be!!!!

That is so cool you got invited to a bloggy event like that! Blog famous over there!

46. May 21, 2014 / 4:52 PM

I have always called it an elastic. Ice cream sandwiches are my weakness and now I want a whole box! Must resist. More info on that exfoliator, please and thank you! ;) Yeah for your dress!

47. May 21, 2014 / 5:19 PM

Yes you should give Mark his six mugs back! :) And I do the exact same with samples and the little jars to make them last longer. :)

48. May 21, 2014 / 5:20 PM

Oh and hair elastic would have had me dumbfounded and CONGRATS on the dress!

49. May 21, 2014 / 5:36 PM

All of my hair ties hide in my bedside drawer.

I used to never have one with me, now I put a few in my lipstick bag in my purse. I hate not having one!

50. May 21, 2014 / 5:47 PM

Ahh so excited for you! I hope to be included in those blogger events in the future too!

Cannot WAIT to see wedding pictures ahh! And yes, you have a serious ice cream sandwich problem hahahah. They are SOOO good though!!

Jen

51. May 21, 2014 / 5:55 PM

Haha the sock gnomes are hanging out with my random beauty brushes that my cat steals and takes to Never Never Land along with Mark’s coffee cups and your hair ties (I grew up calling them twisties!?). YAY to finding your dress and checking that off the list. Tease us all with just a swatch shot of it! Can’t wait to see it (even if we have to way till The Day :) ) And you go, Glen Coco is right!

52. May 21, 2014 / 6:10 PM

I’ve said hair elastic before so I would’ve at least known what you were sayin but yea I mostly say hair tie lol…Congrats on makin the big-time girl! Also no female will ever truly be over weddings I promise :)

53. May 21, 2014 / 6:35 PM

My husband always “puts up” my hair ties because I leave them on the bathroom counter except I can never find where he puts them. Drives me insane! Yay! for getting your dress! Such an exciting feeling! I think I need a cookie or an ice cream. Or both.

54. May 21, 2014 / 6:37 PM

I love reading your confession every week. Your gifs go perfectly with them! I hate when my hubs asks me questions he already knows the answer to… much like your mug situation.

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

55. May 21, 2014 / 7:10 PM

You had me laughing with the mugs, hair ties & nomes working together. :) I can’t wait to see your dress & the bridesmaids gifts…everything! :) And good for you for makin it to the “big league” and being invited to the blogging social! You know we’ll want to hear all about it! :)

56. May 21, 2014 / 8:33 PM

Wooohoooo! My dress is…

I’m not sure where it is, but I really hope it’s in transit somewhere, cause the time is drawing near!

57. May 21, 2014 / 9:53 PM

i want a ice cream cookie sammie so bad right now

58. May 21, 2014 / 10:00 PM

I say hair elastic sometimes…totally acceptable. I do have to admit I try and keep several emergency hair ties in various places…secret wallet pocket, in my bag, and in my desk drawer. I have really thick hair and sometimes it becomes a beast and must go up!!! I do tend to hoard them in the shower and on doorknobs.

Sadface!!! I want to see your dress.

Eek! I’m headed to barre class tonight and have been away for two weeks – running half marathons so still working out but I know it’s gonna kick my booty! Please no ball!!!

• May 22, 2014 / 2:28 AM

You are definitely going to have some shaking legs tonight girl!! I really need to save your email for some reason you are still coming through as a no reply blogger :-(

59. May 21, 2014 / 10:42 PM

Ice cream sandwiches are NEVER a problem. I’ve never called it a hair elastic but I would also understand rather than giving you a blank stare because I’m not an idiot. I cannot wait to see pictures of your dress!!

60. May 22, 2014 / 1:06 AM

haha, love all your gifs. for me, i can always find a hair tie….bobby pins are a different story! how does a pack of 100 disappear within days?!

61. May 22, 2014 / 1:23 AM

I got my bridal portraits back and I’m with you… I’M DYING to share. Also, this entire post cracked me up. I love the Mean Girls gifs the best. xo

62. May 22, 2014 / 3:36 PM

ahhhh I really really want to see your dress!! Just email me a sneak peak ;) haha those gifs about his mugs are too perfect.

63. May 22, 2014 / 7:50 PM

I can never find a hair tie, and yay!! Congrats on the dress!!

64. May 22, 2014 / 9:16 PM

Just finally read the rest of this post….. So happy to be a bridesmaid for your day!! <3